Chapter 24 Jackson

I told them everything that led up to that asshole wanting a "rematch". Well, everything minus me being fucked up at the party. They didn't need to know that much. My thigh has a stingy sensation crawling up and down it. I'm surprised they didn't fix my leg up first.

"Okay that's enough questions Ramirez, let's get the boy's leg fixed up. I'll call his mom and will talk about the charges," officer Tanner says to officer Ramirez.

"Charges?" I ask. Are they charging Aiden?

"Yes, you admitted to fighting Aiden Homer at that party, and you stabbed him twice." Officer Ramirez says sipping his coffee. What the fuck? They're charging me?

"What the fuck? That asshole Aiden was feeling all up on Blondie, and stabbed me first!" I shout, now standing up from the office chair I was sitting in.

"How did you know that this girl "Blondie" didn't like it? Even if he stabbed you first like you're saying, you stabbed him twice. These injuries aren't going to pay for themselves," Ramirez stands up as well.

"She didn't like it! Are you trying to say that I'm making up the fact that he stabbed me first?" I growl, furrowing my brows.

"Jackson, it makes more sense that you attacked him with the knife first and he stabbed you out of self-defense," Officer Tanner says stepping in.

"Makes more sense?" I question. How the fuck am I getting blamed.

"Aiden Homer is a straight-A student. He doesn't have a criminal past. And you Jackson, have misdemeanor charge for possession, and an assault charge for fighting." Ramirez narrows his eyes at me and I fight the urge to give him black eyes.

"You officers don't deserve badges. I've never met such an incompetent group of idiots," I bark. The door clicks open and a young woman in scrubs pokes her head in.

"I-I'm supposed to clean up an injury," she stutters with her dark hair wrapping around her face.

"Yes, Amina. Go to your station and we'll be there in a minute," Ramirez talks to her gently. Amina nods and the door creaks shut.

"Are you sure you want your daughter to be that close to him?" Officer Tanner whispers to Ramirez. Ramirez nods and they both face me again.

"Cuff him," Ramirez barks orders to Tanner. I roll myself and put my hands behind my back. The handcuffs click around my wrists and more around my ankles. Tanner pushes me out the doors of the officer and through the hall.

A red cross above a door informs me that we made it to the nurse's office. "Amina," Tanner calls and the brunette pops up from digging in a cupboard.

"Y-yes," she stutters and bites her lip. Her eyes are olive green and her brown hair reaches her hips. She's tiny.

"This is Jackson Peter, he has a sta-" Tanner gets cut off by the sound of his radio. "Shit, I have to go, but be careful he has a mouth on him. If you get hurt your dad will kill me." Amin nods and Tanner runs off down the hall.

Amina's olive eyes scan over me. "W-where did you get stabbed?" She asks collecting tools off the counter.

"Right thigh," I say blankly. Her eyes wander down my torso and stop in a particular area. Her cheeks quickly burn red.

"You're going to have to remove your pants," she says shyly. I switch my hands around my back showing her my handcuffed wrists. "I-I guess I will have to," she says and her face glows redder.

Her shaking hands inch closer to my belt. "Relax," I tell her and she nods unbuckling my belt and slowly pulling my black jeans down. They stop just before my knees, exposing my black briefs and an inch and a half wound.

She examines it carefully, poking around my thigh with her gloved finger. "New at this?" I ask, staring down upon her.

"I'm filling in for my mom today. I haven't ever been alone like this," Amina says pressing a drenched cotton ball gently on my thigh. "I'm sure it makes you nervous that a 16-year-old is about to give you stitches."

"Not nervous," I say slightly lying.

"It's probably better if you sit down," she says biting her cheek. She puts get around the wound and it becomes numb in a few minutes. Carefully lining up her tools, she stitches the gash closed.

"No physical activity that could rip the stitches open. You may take the recommended amount of pain killers or, your mom can call and get a prescription," Amina says professionally shy.

"Yes doc," I joke making her smile with rosy cheeks. I slide off the covered seat and Amina's tiny hands pull up my pants carefully and buckle my belt. Weirdly, her dad is Ramirez. She's shy and kind, Ramirez is just a dick.

"D-do you mind me asking how you got stabbed?" Amina questions, sterilizing her tools.

"Some asshole wanted to fight me, but pulled a knife on me," I roll my eyes just remembering the events before.  Not to mention I'm being blamed for everything.

"Wow, I couldn't imagine," Amina looks at me with green curious eyes. Green eyes and dark hair reminded me of Charlie.

I wonder what Charlie will think of me when she's older. Will, she still see me as her hero big brother? Or will she think of me as a douche bag druggy that gets into fights. I think that would kill me.

"Let's go, Peter," a younger blonde officer says to me. I quickly stand up, unable to wait to get out of here. Amina gives me a shy smile before the officer with a golden badge pushes me out.

I'm pushed down a depressing hallway with flickering lights until we make it to a room with cage-like cells. "The fuck?" I curse to myself when the officer opens one of the cells.

"Get in," he says giving me a stern look.

"For fucking what? I thought I was going home!" I argue. These assholes are relentless.

"You thought wrong," he shines his pearly white teeth. This guy needs to get them things knocked out.

"Fuck you," I shrug his hands off me and walk with my chains around my ankles into the cell.

The cell clanks shut and I slump down on the bench. I don't think shit could get worse. I can't trust anyone. They lie, steal, and betray.
~
Light beams from the tiny window in the cell. It's morning now. My mouth is dry and I haven't slept all night. My spine feels contorted and my neck is crooked.

"Oh my god, Jackson!" My mom's voice calls me. My shoulders perk up immediately.

"Jack!" Charlie's tiny voice cries. My eyes dart in front of me. On the other side of the bars are my tiny Charlie and mom.

I jump up from the bench and walk to the bars. "Let's go, Jackson," mom says tearfully.

"Mom it wasn't my fault," I say gripping the bars and staring into her pooling green eyes.

"I know honey," she says but I don't believe her. She thinks I went after him first.

"You don't," I growl as an officer unlocks the cell, my hands, and my ankles. I immediately pick up my Charlie and brush past all my enemies.
~
The whole car ride was silent until we made it to the store where my car was parked. My whole body craves a cigarette and my mind is on the verge of shutting off.

I feel that the odds are against me in every situation. I slip a cigarette into my mouth and light in swiftly. My Volvo roars as I drive to the house.

This seems like a damn good excuse to miss school.