Chapter 26 Jackson

"That bitch!" Paige squeals as Blondie disappears into a white car. Paige has been getting on my nerves recently and hearing Blondie say "fuck you" in her innocent voice was music to my ears. Everything was going well until Blondie came to the shop. It kind of put a wrench in my plans.

When I got home from the station that day I made a decision. I decided to stay away from Blondie. I'm not good for her and being around her I could break her. I destroy everything in my life and I don't want to add Blondie to the list. She doesn't deserve it and I don't deserve her.

"You're just going to let her say that to me?" Paige rambles on. Paige has been my fuck buddy for the past couple of weeks. I don't feel anything for her at all and I think she expects too much of me.

"Relax," I say glancing at her. I met her at Luke's. Luke had a small kickback at his house and Paige was all over me. So, I said fuck it and we hooked up. It kind of progressed after that. She would sneak into my house every other day. I didn't mind her at first, but she's very high maintenance.

"Okay," she says sighing. She listens to me like a dog and that's probably my favorite thing about her. Paige comes to the shop sometime after she gets out of school.

I haven't gone to school since I left the station. My grades have gone to hell. Seeing Blondie every day is too tempting. But not being at school didn't take her off my mind. Her beautiful smile and those lips. Don't even get me started. I've missed Blondie chasing me and bugging me like a pest.

I've also decided to not join the football team. I can't pass a drug test and I couldn't go to the first practice because of my thigh. Since I started my job I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. There's not much time for play. Hours aren't long, but Manny says he needs me here. At least I have the weekend off.

Blondie... I hate that I saw her with pink cheeks and running tears. Did I make her cry? The thought of that stabs me in the gut. But I have to leave her alone.

"I saw her talking to you. Are you guys fucking?" Paige pouts. I roll my eyes before sighing.

"No," I say turning towards her. "But even if I was, it's not any of your damn business." Paige bites her lip contemplating.

"So you're telling me that you wouldn't care if I was fucking someone else?" She asks raising her brows.

"Listen, Paige. We aren't together. We don't owe each other any loyalty," I say turning back to my work. I'm determined on fixing everything that's wrong with this car. Even if I have to pay for the extra fixes.

"Well, I haven't. And I don't want you to either," she huffs leaning over with puckered lips. I accept her kiss and deepen it for a moment.

Our lips disconnect and I wipe the lipstick off my lips. "I'm working. Take a seat or leave," I growl. She winks before taking a seat against the wall.
~
Twenty minutes later, and I fixed everything I saw that was wrong. But I wrote down only a few things that I did so Mr. Summers doesn't have to pay as much.

"Thank you, Jackson," Manny says passing me a water bottle. I nod taking a large swing of the cold liquid.

"Jackson... you're the boy that Nadia had over," David Summers says. I nod slowly. Shit. "She talks about you often." David smiles.

"She does?" I ask. Does Blondie talk about me? This makes me feel even worse about the situation.

"Yes, of course. I'm glad you've been so kind to her. She's been down lately." David says rubbing his chin. The thing is I haven't been kind to her at all. Way to rub it in David.

"I'm heading out Manny," I say shaking his hand.

"Okay, good work today. I'll see you Tuesday," Manny says releasing my hand.