Chapter 28 Jackson

I pull at the roots of my hair while Paige washes the sticky alcohol out of her face. I shouldn't have let Nadia go with Mark. He could hurt her. She's wasted and could get taken advantage of.

"Pass me a towel, please?" Paige asks sticking her hand out with her eyes shut. She's lucky she closed her eyes in time. I pass her a towel and step out of the bathroom.

My hands fumble with my phone and I ring Blondie's number. The humming of the phone rings out and I curse under my breath. Why the fuck isn't she answering?

I rush back into the room that I last saw Henry and search for him. But he's nowhere to be seen. What a dumbass.

I close my eyes trying to her member the names of Blondie's friends. Reema and Gabby? No, Emma and Abby. I push through people and rush down the stairs. I spot Abby sitting on Liam's lap and I swim through the sea of people to get to her.

"Blondie's friend?" I ask making sure I'm not talking to some random chick.

"Which Blondie?" She asks leaning into Liam. Liam grins like a kid with candy.

"Nadia." Her name rolls off my tongue like magic.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" She asks, getting off Liam's lap and sobering up.

"She beat the shit out of Paige and left with Mark," I say with disgust dripping. I swear to god if he touches her.

"Oh my god," she gasps.

I roll my eyes. I don't have time for this shit. I need to find her. "I need you to call her," I say with my husky voice.

"My phones in my car. Let's go," she says pulling me to the front. Liam follows us and seems to have sobered up as well.

Abby unlocks her car and quickly whips out her phone. She presses it to her ear and the sound of a phone ringing makes me cringe.

"S-she left her phone in my car," Abby stutters on the verge of having a breakdown.

"Calm down Abby," Liam says rubbing her back. "Maybe someone knows where Mark lives," Liam says.

"Who's friends with this fucker?" I hiss. Why the fuck did she leave her phone in someone's car and leave without it?

"He's on the team. Maybe some of the guys know," Liam shrugs.
~
Thirty minutes later and nobody knows where this motherfucker lives. I can feel myself on the verge of snapping. Even his goofy ass friends don't know where he lives. What kind of friends are they?

"Why are you so worried about her?" Paige asks stepping in front of me. I roll my eyes. "She just fought me and you're so worried about her and not me. You left me in the bathroom!" Paige yells at me. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Let Blondie get taken advantage of?

"Paige," I warn her. Steam must be coming out of my ears at this point. I've been dealing with idiots all night. I brush past her.

I don't stop until I'm in my car. She can find her own ride home. I light my cigarette inhaling my nicotine medicine.

It's around 1:30 A.M. by the time I get home. The door to my house creaks open and everyone is dead asleep. I walk silently downstairs, not wanting to wake anyone up. It reminds me of when Raymond would let me stay the night in his house instead of the bunker. I would be as quiet as a mouse. I'd steal snacks and bandaids. I didn't dare try to get out. There were bells on every door of the house. The front and back door and multiple locks and the windows were sealed shut.

That didn't mean I didn't try though. Once when I was staying in the house with him I stole his keys and unlocked the front door. I had a stool and was careful enough that the bells didn't ring. When I make a run for it and winter snow was right in front of me, I could hear the white crunching under my feet.