Chapter 40 Nadia

"Can we stay like this forever?" I ask staring off into the trees. It's been a few days after Jackson's birthday and we decided to go to our spot. The drop off into the ground is still as deep as it was last time I was here.

"I wish we could," Jackson replies. I take my head off Jackson's shoulder to face him. His green eyes look at me full of love. I close my eyes and lean in. Our lips meet as we kiss passionately. It feels like deja vu. Every kiss feels like a first and I never want it to end.

We pull away breathless. "I love you, Nadia," Jackson says blushing and I take a mental picture.

"I love you, Jackson," I say sliding my arms around his shoulders and pull him into my embrace. Sometimes hugs and better than kisses.

"I know it's a bit cliché, but you make me a better person. And I'm very grateful to have you," Jackson says quietly in a form of embarrassment.

"You make me stronger. I'm grateful for you as well," I say nudging him with my shoulder. Jackson smiles looking down at the dirt.

"I've never asked you before, but my curiosity is eating me alive. What do you want to do when you graduate?" Jackson asks.

I think for a minute not knowing. Then somehow I just know. "Social worker, I want to be a social worker. I want to protect kids and families," I smile and run my fingers through his hair.

"That's very noble of you Nadia." Jackson smiles showing his teeth. "You'll be great," he says looking up at the sky.

"Thank you," I say kissing his cheek. "What are you going to do?" I ask also curious.

"A writer." He answers without even thinking. "I know it's a very competitive business, maybe I'm in over my head."

"You'll be successful, I already know it. And I'll be there beside you as your cheerleader," I say smiling.

"Ex cheerleader," Jackson mutters.

"What did you say?" I gasp and widen my eyes trying to stop my smile.

"I said ex-cheerleader," he says laughs amused.

"I'll have you know I was one of the best cheerleaders in the squad," I say and jokingly push him.

"A cheerleader with no cheer," Jackson says with a comeback.

"Excuse me, what?" I start laughing uncontrollably.

"Though, you did look sexy in your uniform," Jackson says and I blush profusely.

"Okay, enough," I say covering my face. Warm fingers wrap around my wrists and tug them away from my face. I open my eyes in time to see Jackson peck my lips.
~
"Focus Jackson," I say pushing his hand away from my thigh. I take my eyes away from my laptop to see him frown. "We're supposed to be studying for our test. Finals are this week."

Final tests were getting closer and I invited Jackson to my mom's house for a study session. I think mom concluded that I'm in love with Jackson and she can't stop us.

"But it's so boring," he murmurs and rolls his eyes.

"Don't you want to do good on the tests?" I ask raising a brow.

"I will. Nadia, I already know all this shit. I don't need to study," Jackson says rolling to the side of the bed.

"Well, I need to study so shush," I say putting my finger to my lips. I watch Jackson roll his eyes then barries his face in my pillow. I giggle then begin scrolling again.

An hour later I take my eyes away from my screen and look towards Jackson. He's dead asleep. His messy hair has fallen to the front of his face and his mouth is partially open. He looks like an angel sleeping.