Chapter 36 Nadia

It's around 7 A.M. When Jackson's red Volvo pulls into the driveway. I peek through the window of my room grinning like a child. Grabbing my backpack I hop off my bed and run down the stairs and throw the front door open. The cold air smacks my face, but I ignore it. Jackson gets out of his car as I tackle him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and plant kisses all over his face. His strong arms wrap around my waist and his lips swallow mine. My body tingles just touching him. After a minute we pull away but Jackson clings onto me.

"I missed you Blondie," he muffles into my neck. I pet his head and say I missed him too. "I just wanna stay like this for a while," he says running his fingers through my hair.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask still holding onto him.

"I guess," she sighs letting go of me. Jackson walks to the passengers' side and opens the door for me.

"Gentleman," I say winking at him. He rolls his eyes and licks his lips before closing the door when I'm seated.

On the way to school, I hold Jackson's hand. The smell of cigarettes still lingers in the car as he tries to blow it out the window. I signal for him to pass it to me and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Not a chance," he growls throwing the whole stick out the window. "I'm not going to smoke around you if it's going to make you wanna smoke too," he says rolling up the window.

When we make it to school I force Jackson to hold my hand. He holds it reluctantly bc cause he hates when people stare at him. On the other hand, I want everyone to know he's mine. Paige's friends scowl at me and I know if Paige was here I'd be cured out.

When we make it to Mr. Brown's classroom I drop his hand. "Why?" He asks causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Why what?" I ask dumbly.

"Why did you let go?" He asks looking at my hand.

"PDA, Mr. Brow will be all over our case," I explain. Jackson huffs and brushes past me and into the classroom.

Mr. Brown signals to Jackson to go over to his desk and Jackson cooperates. I silently follow behind him out of curiosity. "Jackson, great job on the assignments I've been sending you. Although, I much rather have you in class with the rest of your peers," Mr. Brown says crossing putting on a pair of glasses and thumbing through papers. "May I ask why you are missing so much school?" He asks. My eyebrows raise in fear for Mr. Brown. Doesn't he know not to poke the bear?

"I've been busy," Jackson growls. "As long as my grades are good then I suggest you mind your b-," I cut him off with a kick to the ankle. My mouth drops as I realize I've just kicked the bear. "What the fuck Nadia?" Jackson grunts rolling his eyes.

Mr. Brown clears his throat and Jackson refocuses on him. "Mr. Peter, I suggest you don't miss any more classes. Starting next week we are beginning labs that can only be done in class," Mr. Brown says pointing at the calendar. "That's all, you may sit."

Jackson brushes past me again and I follow behind him like a dog. We sit down in our seats when other students file in the room as the late bell rings. "Don't be mad," I whisper into his ear. "I just didn't want you to get into trouble," I explain. He stares blankly at the whiteboard as I grab his hand and interlock our fingers. A smirk returns and I realize I've been fooled.

The whole class period Jackson doesn't even pick up his pencil. We switched hands so I could write and I made sure to copy them for him. I know he's way smarter than me, but I still wanted to copy my notes for him.

"Blondie, stay the night this weekend," Jackson says out of nowhere.  My eyes widen as I look around to see if anyone heard him. Nobody seems to have heard over the loud video.