Chapter 33 Nadia

It's another Thursday afternoon. Jackson never came to school Monday. I texted him that day and he answered. I asked him why he didn't come and he said he had other commitments. I wanted to pry more, but I didn't want to get him upset.

"Do you want some of my celery juice?" Emma asks with a hopeful smile. I've been off since Jackson didn't come to school. Whenever he's not around I become a mess. I can't get sleep.

"No thanks," I say dissecting a grape hidden in my black hoodie and grey sweatpants. My parents were mad at me for keeping them out of the loop. I reminded them that I can take care of myself. I got my phone back Monday. Although, it was dead I was glad to see that I didn't lose it.

"Jackson's back," Abby informs us and my head immediately shoots up. I look in every direction and when our eyes meet. Like a magnet, I run to him. I stop when I'm right in front of him.

I scan his face. Under his eyes are dark and he looks paler than normal. Without thinking I wrap my arms around his waist squeezing him like a teddy bear. Jackson's hand lightly taps my back awkwardly. I pull away and look up at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, but before he could answer I'm shoved to the side. I turn to see who shoved me and I'm met with Paige's furious eyes.

"Don't touch him!" Paige says getting so close to my face she could bite my nose off.

I tried to ignore Paige in the halls and I was successful until now. Jackson immediately steps between us. I notice a girl with long dark hair and green eyes behind him. She looks scared for me, but who is she?

"Don't do this right now," Jackson tells Paige sternly.

"No, I'm going to beat her ass!" Paige yells whipping her face closer to me. Her eyes burn with hatred.

"Your not," Jackson says pulling Paige by her wrist away from me. I'm not surprised by her actions. I did rip her hair out at the party.

I stand there blinking at everyone's stares. I turn my head watching Jackson say something to Paige then her storming off. My eyes go back to the girl with dark hair. "Hi, who are you?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Amina, who are you?" She asks playing with her fingers nervously.

"Nadia," I say and Jackson returns in front of us. "What happened?" I ask, ignoring the fact that Paige and I almost had a round two.

"I'll tell you later. Let's go, Mina," Jackson says leading Amina away.

What the hell? Are they together? I've never seen this girl before.

I try to ignore the jealousy pinging in my chest. My eyes burn with tears as I suddenly feel emotional. I stand there watching Jackson get her food.

I hate this feeling. Jealously has never looked good on me. I feel like an idiot running up to him and hugging him. He probably would have walked past me anyway.

I walk back to the girls feel their eyes burn holes into my head. "What's going on?" Abby says seriously.

I slump into the chair sighing. "Jackson and I have been hanging out." Emma and Abby both gasp.

"And you didn't tell us?" Abby question with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you kiss him?" Emma asks on the edge of the seat. I nod sadly. Missing kissing him. The girls gasp again.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say with a cracking voice. I miss Jackson and he's in the same room as me.

"Can you at least say why you didn't tell us?" Abby asks sipping on her juice box.