Chapter 3 Jackson

"Jackson get your ass up!" Mom yells on the other side of my locked door. I can hear her fists slamming on the door. I sigh and pull myself out of the bed.

"I'm up," I say back.

"You have 20 minutes until school starts," she informs me and I can hear her walk away.

I pull myself out of the bed and wander to the bathroom. I slip out of my flannel boxers and push myself into the shower.

The water is cold and I don't flinch away. I let the cold water rush down my back and drench my curls. I quickly finish my shower and wrap a white towel around my waist.

My wet hair drips onto the hardwood floor as I make my way back to my room. I throw on a plain black t-shirt that shows off all the tattoos on my arms and black jeans. I lace up my all-black high top Vans and make my way upstairs.

"You're late so take a granola bar or something," mom says handing me a small chocolate chip granola bar. Her black-brown hair is wet and dripping just like mine, and now I know why my shower was so cold.

"Okay," is all I say before taking the bar out of her tiny hand. I quickly grab the keys to the Volvo off the counter and head outside.

"Wait! Your bag," mom yells after me, running like the flash clutching the all-black backpack in her hand.

"Thanks," I say perking the side of my lips up slightly in appreciation. It's not a lot, but mom smiles brightly with her perfect set of white teeth.

"Have a good day, and go to all your classes," she says then goes back into the house.

I set my gaze back to the shining red Volvo. Dad used to take me on rides in this when I found. Dad cried hard when I came home. So, did mom, but I didn't shed a tear with them. I hid in my closet and cried.

If I cried around Raymond I was beaten senseless. If I showed any happiness it was crushed in an instant. If I told him I was hungry I was starved some more. If I told Raymond I missed my parents he would duck tape my mouth and call them in front of me. And there was nothing I could do, but listen. It was taunting and I felt helpless.

Raymond has shackles on me even when he isn't near. When I first had any sexual activity with a girl I got sick when she touched me. That's wasn't supposed to happen, but it did because of Raymond. It took me a while to be comfortable when a female touched me down there, but now it's easier.

I've never been attracted to boys. And every time I change around one I get sick. I can't trust anyone because of Raymond. I don't like it when people creep up on me and I can always sense when someone is trying to.

I blink out of my thoughts and realize I'm starting up the engine. My therapist Mr. Harris told me that my body goes into autopilot when I get lost in my own head. It's as if I'm not even present, just subconsciously moving like a robot.

The roar wakes me up ever more and I begin to back out. I drive through curvy roads until I reach the school parking lot.

I pop a cigarette into my mouth and light it before exiting the car. I blow out a huge cloud of smoke as I stand beside my car with my backpack slung on one shoulder. I can already feel the stares and I roll my eyes and walk towards the school.

"Hey! No smoking on the grounds," a man with a gray suit yells. I scoff at him and take another hit. Does he think he can tell me what to do? The man walks closer to me and I roll my eyes.

"You're the new student here?" He asks and I nod. "Well let me introduce myself, I'm Mr. Bones the principle of the school and I told you there's no smoking on the grounds. And pull up your pants boy." He says narrowing eyes and I can see him turning red from anger.

"I'm not done yet," I growl and puff and my cigarette some more. The names fit him well, he looks like a skeleton.

Everyone has gone silent now, but I don't turn my eyes away from the annoying man in front of me. I sigh a throw the halfway finished cig at his feet. He quickly steps back as I squash it under my foot.

He leads me through the crowd of bystanders and I roll my eyes at their jaws dropped. They think I can't hear their dumbass whispers. "He's so hot," and "Bad boy," is what I can hear from a group of girls.

"This is my office." He says as we enter a small room with a computer and chairs. "Take a seat," Mr. Bony says gesturing at a seat in front of his. I oblige and plop down in the padded chair.

"I don't want us to start off on bad terms so, I'm going to let this one slide." He sighs and continues, "I was a kid like you once." I laugh inside my head at the same speech that I've heard a thousand times. "But I know your circumstances so, I'm going to be extremely lenient for you."

I raise my brows, "Circumstances?" I ask.

"Your uncle," he sighs rubbing his bald head. I freeze and for a second my heart freezes too. They must have told this asshole. "I know you've been kicked out of your previous school and I want you to be able to graduate here."

I blink rapidly and pull myself out of my trance. "I don't need your leniency," I bark at him causing him to jump back. His eyes widen and I smirk at his reaction.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," he says scratching his cheek. I roll my green eyes and scoff. "Anyway here's your schedule. It's A-day today so only go to your first 4 classes and advisory and the end of the day." He explains and hands me a paper with my classes on it.

I just nod and he sighs for the millionth time. He walks me out of his office and back to the front desks. My eyes narrow in on a girl with a high ponytail with a bow in it. She's a cheerleader.

"Kimberly, show Jackson to his first-period class. The bell rang 5 minutes ago so, I'll excuse both of your tardies," Mr. Boneless says putting his hand on my shoulder and I immediately wiggle it off.

Her dark eyes go wide and she smiles brightly. I roll my eyes inhale a deep breath. "You got it, sir. Let's go Jackson." She says with a high ass voice.

I follow her into the hall and she pulls the paper out of my hand. "Biology II Mr. Brown. It's this way," she says pulling me up the stairs and further down the hall.

She pulls a pen out of her bag and scribbles something onto my schedule and hands it back to me. I shrug and take the paper. The paper reads 801-647-8892, -Kim. I roll my eyes again and stick the paper in my back pocket.

"Call me sometime," she says swinging her ponytail. I give her an evil smirk and wink then she turns around and walks away, swaying her hips purposely.

I pull the handle to the biology door and face the teacher. Mr. Brown, I'm guessing. He's tall and skinny with grey hair. He's wearing a blue knit sweater and I narrow my eyes wondering how he calls himself a man wearing that shit.