Chapter 27 Nadia

I bite my fingernails anxiously as I wait for Emma and Abby to pick me up from my dad's. It's Saturday and Emma decided going to a party will cheer me up. I declined at first because of what happened at the other party, but I'll be careful this time. God knows I won't have Jackson to help me this time. I know I shouldn't even be thinking about him, but I can't help it.

I chose a red silk dress that hugs my curves. Abby gave it to me this summer and I haven't given it back yet. I curled my hair and put on more makeup than usual. Only if I felt as good as I look.

A honk of Abby's car sounds and I rush down the stairs. My black heels dig into the carpet. I've always been good at wearing heels because I wear them to church every week. "Bye dad, love you!" I shout, waving back to him and Fred. I leave before he can get another word in. Dad lets me go out with friends, but I'm not sure if he knows what kind of party I'm going to.

The wind whips through my hair until I make it into the backseat. "Damn girl, you look good," Abby compliments me.

"Yeah, you look fierce!" Emma says pretending her hand is a claw, making everyone laugh.

"You guys look very gorgeous yourselves," I say winking at them. Emma is wearing black thigh-high boots and a stunning black dress, showing off her cleavage. Abby is wearing a neon orange two-piece and sparkly heels, showing off her beautiful dark complexion.

The car ride is full of giggles until we make it to a huge house. Cars litter the streets. The house is like a mansion compared to my dad's house. It's about the size of mom's. "Who's house is this exactly?" I ask staring at the villa.

"Luke's palace," Abby says admiring the house as well. Great... Me and Abby's eyes catch each other's and we both break into laughter.

"Let's get that shit!" Emma says shouting and smacking me and Abby's butts. My smile was hurting my cheeks.

Inside the house, there are crowds of people. Some people I recognize, some I don't. As soon as people get wind of a party they come running in packs.

We shove past sweaty bodies until we find the drinks. A cornucopia of alcoholic bottles. Emma eyes them until she finds her favorite one. She twists the cap off and hands me the bottle. I get one whiff of the beverage and my nose scrunches. It smells like rubbing alcohol with a hint of blueberry.

"Chug," Emma demands and I look at her like she's crazy. I blink at her a couple of times and I conclude that she's serious. "We don't have all night," she ushers me. "C'mon you need it, girl," she continues.

I take a deep breath before putting the bottle against my lips and let the liquid drain into my stomach. I ignore the disgusting taste until it tastes like nothing. I focus on Emma and Abby's cheers and the vibrations of the music.

When the taste comes rushing at me full force my lips rip away from the bottle. My nose crunches up and I try to keep my dinner down. "Damn girl," Abby says patting my back. I drank a little over 1/3 of the bottle.

"Way to set it off," Emma says winking, passing me a mixed drink of whatever I just drank and sprite.

"That was awful," I laugh, gulping the poison in the plastic cup.

"Let's go dance!" Abby shouts, pulling us into the crowd of people. There's little space to move, but I dance shoulder to shoulder with them.
~
My cheeks are warm and I sway my hips, running my hands through my curls. My body feels loose and comfortable. I lost track of all the refills I had. The colorful lights in the room have blended into one and it's amazing. I didn't know drinking could be this damn fun.

I lost the girls. Last time I saw Abby she was petting some guy like a dog. To be fair he had amazing hair. I think... I can't remember.

"Emma?" I call, pushing myself out of the makeshift mosh pit. My legs feel unstable and wobble. My eyes travel across everyone's face and I see no Emma.