Chapter 8: A Morning With Mitsuki

A/N: Hi guys! Hope you all had a great Christmas! Now hopefully this is out on time, but I've been so busy with family that this is probably gonna be out late, but after the year we've had, can you blame me? Just want to say thanks for all the support on this book so far, it really does mean a lot, and here's to hoping for even more uploads in 2021!

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Eri was in a state of pure bliss. A split second ago she realised that she was awake, but was still comfortable, cozy, and sleepy enough to ignore that and be in a faux purgatory state between being in a deep sleep and being awake, a nirvana of rest and relaxation. Her body was cold, but her bedsheets and blanket layered their warmth over her. Her hair surrounded her, being laid out in a perfect arc over her pillow, which sunk down like a marshmallow, in tandem with her mattress that supported her spine perfectly.

She was as comfortable as a person could be, which is why when her door creaked open she didn't notice it, oblivious as to what was coming next. Unbeknownst to her, Mitsuki was in her room, with a cymbal from Katsuki's drum set as well a drumstick. Hanging it from a string, she was careful not to touch it, as if she did the sound wouldn't be as loud. 

Pulling her arm back, she angled the drumstick back, wanting to hit the cymbal with the biggest amount of force she could. Swinging her arm forward as hard as she could, she drove the drumstick at the cymbal, flicking her wrist right before it made contact, the increased thrust vector resulting from this making an even louder sound.

(A/N: I love being a nerd, it makes imagining these scenes a lot better.)

"*CRASH!!!* HEY ERI!! WAKE UP YOU LAZY SON OF A-" Mitsuki yelled, her instincts of waking Katsuki up taking over her until someone interrupted her.

"You wanna rephrase that, Aunt Mitsuki" Izuku said, with a bone-chilling voice, taking over the entire room. Eri smiled smugly on the outside but was terrified internally, Mitsuki stopped shouting immediately and was completely petrified, a rare sight, especially considering how angry she usually was. And Ochako, who was standing next to him almost ruined her only pair of pajamas, well the bottoms that is. 

However, Mitsuki was the first to break out of her state of pure fear, with a look of pride filling her face. "Hmph, not bad Izuku. At least you can stand up for others. You on the other hand," Mitsuki said, looking down at Eri, who was still sitting up in her bed, "I'll let it slide because you just woke up, but next time you better go for the throat." she continued, hating to see weakness in any of her children, and that title extended to the Midoriya siblings.

"Like you did any better than me" Eri grumbled, still sleepy.

"As fun as it would be to watch you two argue, I don't want Aunt Mitsuki to go to jail for child murder. Eri get dressed, you can shower later, Aunt Mitsuki bought some clothes for you too."

"Really? You're the best Aunt Mitsuki!" Eri replied, jumping out of bed and subsequently running downstairs.

(A/N: Eri getting woken up from a really nice sleep won't be a recurring theme in this story, so long as it doesn't keep happening to me. Seriously I need to pick a better alarm.)

"Notice how she didn't even address the fact that you said that she would lose to Mitsuki. I guess cockiness runs in the family" Ochako addressed, looking to Izuku with a smug grin on her face.

"It's not cockiness if you can back it up." Izuku retorted, with an equally smug grin.

"Well, well, well, things are getting heated in two ways now" Mitsuki said mischievously, with a devilish look on her face.