Chapter 22: A Final Night of Fun- Part 5

Ochako carefully opened the door to her room, stepping inside and turning the light on, as a warm orange hue filled the room. Izuku closed the door behind her, looking around with a wistful expression, as he remembered all of the fond memories he had with his mother. 

Barging in with Eri to wake her up on the weekend, running into her room whenever he had a nightmare, hiding from Kaachan anytime they played hide and seek as children. The last ever conversation she had with him...

It all cascaded into a jumbled mess of emotions, as he sat down on the side of the bed, Ochako doing the same with the opposite side, as she saw how emotionally...conflicted he was? Was it a conflict? She couldn't tell, all she could see is that Izuku was caught up with something else and that it was weighing heavy on him. 

Getting under the covers, she laid down, tilting her head to the side so she was facing Izuku, before gently grabbing his forearm.
"You okay?" She asked softly, not wanting to wake anyone up, especially after learning how thin the walls were.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just...a lot of memories in this room." Izuku meekly responded, laying down next to Ochako, looking up at the ceiling

"I understand. I know I've said this, but thanks again for letting me stay here, especially in this room. Being here with Eri, Katsuki, and everyone else, it's the kind of life I imagined when I moved here on my own. You guys have made my dreams come true, and I feel like my life's... more surreal than ever. I have you to thank for that, so seriously...thank you Izuku. So, so much." Ochako uttered, letting her ulterior motives go for a second, as she spoke from the heart, rolling over onto her side to face Izuku, who after hearing her gratitude, did the same, their faces mere inches away from each other.

"You're welcome Ochako. Besides, I feel like I needed something else in the room, the house, our life, even if Eri had to convince me of that. And you're a great friend to have, and honestly, you're the only one I'd trust to have this room, I mean that." Izuku replied, his tone hushed, as he closed his eyes and exhaled gently, relaxing, remembering just how comfortable Inko's bed was. 

"Really? What about Katsuki, or Nejire? You seem close to them, and you've known them longer than me." Ochako asked, taken aback by Izuku's compliment, as she could feel her cheeks go red. She reached around to the switch by Izuku's side of the bed, turning the lights off, as the warm light was replaced with the ethereal glow of the moon, shining in through the window. 

As she reached over, Izuku turned his head away, as her chest was inadvertently close to his face, something which made him blush just as much as Ochako. Quickly regaining his composure, he answered her question.

"Well with Kaachan, he's not going to want to live here, since he has Camie. And I could have asked Nejire, it's true, other than Kaachan, she's probably the person I'm closest to, since I've known her for so long, and we used to work together. She was my first friend other than him, and she's taken care of me for a while. But, having you around is so refreshing, and you're honestly an incredible person. So yeah, I wouldn't have anyone else." Izuku explained, staring deep into Ochako's eyes, which looked so incredibly captivating. They rejuvenated his sight, as he could never get tired of looking at them.

"Th-thanks, thanks a lot Izuku...I, I'm honoured that you think that way about me..." Ochako said, unable to muster another response as she shuffled closer to Izuku, her face even closer to his, as she could feel the heat coming off him. 

"So...what did you want to talk about? I mean it's not like I can sleep anywhere else tonight." Izuku asked, getting the obvious out of the way, although it seemed that it wasn't too obvious to Ochako, who looked at him quizically.

"If Toga's downstairs, Eri's in her room, and Tamaki and Mirio are asleep in my room, where else can I sleep?" Izuku asked rhetorically, as Ochako understood his previous statement.