Chapter 27: Eri's Exclusion?!

A/N: Well then, I'm finally back. After a really REALLY long time. I don't even want to drag this intro out, I just wanna get into it. So yeah! I am glad to be back, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Hopefully I'm not too rusty lmao-

Izuku frantically looked out of the window of the train, tightly gripping the railing above him, the tracks making the carriages rumble and shake slightly, with Izuku desperately trying to stay as still as possible. He didn't exactly like being on the train when it was lunchtime, as the humid conditions and the stench weren't exactly optimal. The train during the evening was the most beautiful to him. The skyline during dusk looked so tranquil. The warm colours and the diffused summer heat just calmed him. Soothed his mind. 

His mind was anything other than soothed. He couldn't stop worrying about Eri. Why was she in trouble? What happened? Was she hurt? Did she have to go to the hospital? Was it her fault? Was it his fault? Could he have done anything? Why? Why COULDN'T HE STOP HER-

No.

He couldn't think like that. He couldn't live with the grief. He couldn't live with the survivor's remorse. 

It wasn't like the situation was that dire in the first place. It's high school. Eri's fine. He knew that. He knew that he had to be rational. He trusted that nothing bad would happen.

As the train stopped, the inertia made Izuku lean in the train's direction of motion, and then the sudden stop made him jolt back in the opposite direction, causing him to lose his balance. Nevertheless, the railing on top of him and his grip strength saved him, as he exited the train and took the steps down off the station and towards his old high school, surprised to be back here so soon. 

Meanwhile, Ochako, Mina, Tsuyu and Katsuki were all sharing a taxi back to Izuku's house, Katsuki in the front seat next to the driver, and the girls in the back, catching up and talking. Katsuki put his phone down, a slight blush on his face, as he turned to face the girls behind him, his neck already being stiff since the morning.

"What's got you blushing Katsuki?" Ochako asked, noticing the rosy tinge on his cheeks.

"Wh- Nothing, I was just talking to Camie, that's all..." Katsuki mumbled, trying to forget about the particularly risqué messages his girlfriend sent him.

"Ooooooooooh~ Someone's gonna get lucky tonight huh?" Mina teased, leering at the blonde-haired boy, who said nothing and turned back around.

"Anyways, I'll tell Deku that the three of you are gonna be at home. I hope everything's okay with Eri, Nejire's gonna kill him if she's hurt." Katsuki commented.

"Who's that?" Tsu inquired.

"She's another friend of ours, she's actually a third-year" Ochako replied.

"That's interesting, I'd love to meet her at some point" Mina suggested, getting a simple nod from Ochako, as they pulled up to her home. 

"I'll talk to you later Katsuki, bye!" Ochako called out, waving to him as she walked the stairs with her friends, letting them in.

"So what do you guys think?" She asked, hoping they liked the place.

"It's nice! I mean, it's a bit less modern than the accommodation at UA, but it's much bigger and probably quieter" Mina pointed out.

"Your balcony's nice" Tsuyu added, as she stepped outside.

"Thanks guys, I'm glad I found this place, and all the friends that came with it." Ochako said, smiling gleefully.

"So, how did  you meet all these people then?" Mina asked as they all sat down on the sofa, listening to Ochako's story...

Izuku rushed through the hallowed halls of his old school, remembering it all as if it were yesterday. The spot where they saw Kaachan's first fight, the locker some kid punched in anger, with the dent still in it. It was oddly nostalgic, but he didn't have time to focus on that right now. 

After getting to the office, he knocked on the door, as the principal of the school let him in.

"Ah, Izuku. It's been a while since I've seen you. How have you been?" She asked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.