Chapter 45: Pulling Strings

Ochako sat down at the table, as Momo served her plate whilst the siblings ate. Looking up she saw Momo's soft and caring expression, matching it with a smile of her own, though hers was nowhere near as genuine.

"So, how was your day?" Eri asked, catching Ochako's attention.

"Pretty good, I had lectures, and then I went over some stuff with Todoroki for a module." She replied, eating some of the food, almost blown away by the exquisite taste, but knowing that Momo had a hand in it, she made sure to measure her reaction.

"Izuku, this tastes amazing!" She exclaimed, leaning forwards a little since Izuku was at a diagonal to her.

"Thanks, I mean I am a cooking genius after all" He replied with a grin.

"I'm sorry, whose idea was it to make Tsukemen in the first place?" Momo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"And who improved it?" Izuku fired back.

"That's a shame, I was going to give you credit anyways, but if you're fine on your own, I guess you don't need anything from me~" Momo teased suggestively.

"Strike two..." Eri interjected, getting a snigger out of Ochako.

"Leave the newlyweds alone Eri, they're in the honeymoon phase, it won't last that long, let them get it out of their system." Ochako teased.

"By it do you mean him?" Momo asked playfully, gesturing at her boyfriend.

"I'm right here you two." Izuku said defensively, as they all carried on eating.

"So, how was your day Momo?" Ochako asked, still unaware of how and why Momo ended up here. Did she stay the night? She'd seen Izuku when they both left for lectures together, but was she in his room without her knowing?

"Pretty good, most of my lectures are in the morning, so I got a run in beforehand, went to those and chilled at the library with Izuku for a while, then he stayed behind to work on an application, and I picked Eri up from school. I've been here ever since." She explained.

"What application?" She asked, turning to face Izuku.

"It's a research project with Toshinori Yagi over the summer, basically an internship. Tamaki and Mirio were helping me with it." He replied, taking a second to swallow his food first.

"WHAT?! That's a thing and you didn't tell me?!" Ochako exclaimed, her nerdy side coming out.

"How didn't you know? It was in the newsletter last week, didn't you read it?" He asked.

"I didn't think the newsletters had stuff like that in them, the first two I read were useless." She reasoned.

"Yeah but I mean, if you're ever bored they're something to occupy your mind with. Don't worry though, there's tons of time, and the application is gonna take a while, there's a psychometric test and a cover letter you need to write." He replied.

"Well, let's see if we get it." She said excitedly.

"Aren't you going to apply for it Momo?" Eri asked, grabbing more noodles and broth.

"Probably not, I can always get an internship at my parent's company, and since that's where I want to work after I graduate, it makes more sense to do that." She replied.

Ochako let out a couple of fake coughs before speaking up, "Nepotism!", following up with a few more coughs, "Sorry about that, had a sore throat all day" She said nonchalantly.

"Do you want a lozenge?" Eri asked, going along with the bit as Momo just rolled her eyes.

"Hey I admit it's nepotism, but at least I'm qualified. I'm still going to have to interview and fill out an application, my parents are just executives, they don't deal with day-to-day hires. All they're gonna do is make sure my application gets seen and sent to the right person. After that, it's all me." She replied.