Chapter 29: The Guest List

A bright, breezy morning in Japan. Autumn was about to begin, and the temperature was gradually declining day by day. From scorching heat to a calming coolness, it was a truly peaceful time. With schools starting once more, everyone was a little bit busier, the roads were a bit louder, and the city slept a little bit earlier. Perfect for an upcoming celebration, one that Ochako would be treated to on her birthday, which was only a week or so away. 

"Okay Eri, me and Ochako are leaving, we've both got morning lectures. I'll be there to pick you up, and try not to break anyone's bones this time?" Izuku joked, ruffling Eri's hair as they put their shoes on. 

"Oh for god's- Izuku why the hell did you do that?!" Eri ferociously asked, trying to fix her now ruined hair. 

"Oh come on, it's not like you have an after-school date with Kota, calm down." 

"It's not funny, Izu. Anyways, who do you think is coming to Ochako's birthday? I mean, there'll be...uhh... 7,8,9... 12 or 13 people?" Eri asked, doing a quick head count. 

"Well Uncle Masaru will be busy, but Aunt Mitsuki will definitely come. Himiko could have rotations that day, but she'll probably come too. But now that you mention it, that's a lot of people. I definitely can't pay for all of that, and it would be unfair on Aunt Mitsuki, especially considering..." Izuku replied, his mind wandering to someone else. 

"Considering what?"

"Nothing, just that, I thought we could invite some other people from UA, but like I said, that's too many people. We'll have to ask Ochako. Speaking of, where is she?" 

"I'm here! Sorry I took so long!" Ochako yelled, running down the stairs, as she frantically fixed her top, not realising a plain white t-shirt and a red bra wasn't exactly the most modest combination. 

Blushing slightly, Izuku averted his gaze, "Uhh, Ochako, you might uh, want to wear a jumper..."

"Why? Is it cold?" She asked quizzically, confused about Izuku's suggestion. 

"We can see your bra through your t-shirt." Eri bluntly stated, prompting Ochako to look down and blush profusely, "I- Oh goddamn it- I swear I'm not like that- Uhh, I'll be back-" She said, stumbling over her words, and in general, as she fumbled her way up the stairs, changing into a yellow t-shirt. 

"Well, that couldn't have gone any worse whatsoever." She thought to herself, as she came downstairs, catching a glimpse of Eri grinning at Izuku, before stopping. 

"Okay, are we all ready to go?" Ochako asked. 

"Y-yeah, let's go. You'll be fine walking, right Eri?" Izuku asked as well, a tinge of concern present in his voice. 

"Absolutely not, I'll need to be carried all the way there like a princess or a bride, my delicate feet weren't built for such an arduous task" Eri replied, using the most sarcastic voice possible.

"You have to be able to get a groom to be married Eri, that's not possible for you. Anyways, I'll see you after school." Izuku stated, his expression deadpan, whereas Ochako stifled a laugh. 

"Are you implying that I'm ugly?! How dare you! You may have gotten mum's hair, but I got her beauty." Eri said, trying to sound as sophisticated as possible. 

"You got her gender."

"You're an asshole."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"You're wrong about me being ugly."

"I said tell me something I don't know, not something that's delusional."