Chapter 43: Unexpected Expectations

Eri spotted Momo's red car, though calling it a car was a disservice, as she came to pick her up in a red Maserati, seemingly an SUV, which attracted a lot of attention from students, as Eri could pick out one in particular.

"If you wanted to look at something red you could just look down at your shoes." She suggested, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Eri?" Kota asked, turning to face her, and then instantly turning back to the car, "Yeah, calling that something red is like calling you a mammal. That's a brand new Maserati Levante. It has all-wheel drive, sensors all over the car, a three-litre engine and like, over four hundred horsepower!" He exclaimed.

"I forgot how much you geeked out over cars. Do you know whose car it is?" She asked playfully, wondering why Momo hadn't gotten out yet, though she quickly realised that having a bunch of teenagers staring at her probably didn't help.

"What, yours?" Kota joked.

"Actually yes, Izuku sent it for me" She said with a grin, walking towards the car, with everyone at least maintaining a safe distance to look from afar, well, everyone but a shocked Kota, who ran and caught up to her. 

"What do you mean by that?!" He asked, watching as the passenger door opened.

Like a scene from a movie, Momo got out of the car, dressed in a light purple mini pencil skirt, and a yellow sleeveless camisole, taking off her sunglasses, and avoiding eye contact with anyone but Eri.

"Isn't that the girl from that party?" Kota whispered, blushing a little, and not from the sunlight.

"Yup... that's my brother's girlfriend." Eri said with a sigh, leaving Kota standing there with his jaw agape, as some of the other students began to shift their attention away from the car and to Momo herself.

"Hi Yaoyorozu, sorry about this, Izuku's usually not this disorganised." Eri explained, a little nervous standing in front of her now, especially considering the last time she saw her was the first time they'd met, and they'd hardly said a word to each other.

"I know, there's some summer research project with Toshinori Yagi happening, so Izuku asked Mirio and Tamaki to help him with it, otherwise he'd be here too." She replied softly, having to look down at Eri a little, as she was a little shorter than Izuku, who was already a good two inches shorter than Momo.

"Makes sense he'd stay behind then." Eri said with a chuckle, looking up at Momo, and seeing her gentle smile. Her nice clothes, that not only fit her perfectly, but made her look even better than she did at Ochako's birthday. The way she stood, the manner in which she spoke, all of it seemed... so ideal.

"Is that your friend from the party?" Momo asked, looking over Eri's head at Kota, who just stood in the middle of the pavement.

"Yeah, that's Kota, he needs to catch the train home, I'll just say bye to him." Eri said, turning around to face her friend, though once she did, Momo placed her hand on her shoulder and took two long strides towards Kota.

"Hey, you're Kota right? Do you want me to drop you home?" She asked, as all of his friends began to freak out, and even some of the girls in his class began to take notice of him. 

"U-uh, ye-yeas- yeah sure, that'd be a big help. Thank you" He said, managing to get his nerves under control.

"Come on in then." She said, gesturing to the car, walking up to it and opening the passenger door, as he got in first, followed by Eri, and then Momo, who shut the door, the teenagers outside of school unable to see anything due to her tinted windows. 

"Just type in your address and hand it to Nao-san, she'll take us there first, then we'll go back to your place Eri." Momo said, as they began to drive along the road. Giving Kota her phone, he did just that, handing it to the woman up front, who smiled back at him briefly.