Chapter 28: Ochako's Birthday?

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Ochako asked, hoping the answer wasn't as bad as she was dreading.

"Well, don't you think he's kind of weird? This Midoriya guy?" Mina asked rhetorically, before carrying on with her explanation, seeing the puzzled look on Ochako's face.

"Okay let me break this down. You meet this absolute stranger when looking for a place to stay, and after meeting you, he pours his heart out to you, who is also a stranger, and then gives you a place in his home inside of his mother's room." Mina elaborates, still seeing a quizzical look on Ochako's face, realising that she'd have to spell this out. 

"Doesn't that sound odd? Like, he's oversharing with someone he just met and then doesn't act like anything happened as a result. Even you didn't seem to have an odd response. I get that I'm an outsider looking in on the situation, but, that's not how people act when they're talking about an intimate issue, at least in my experience." Mina carried on, seeing Ochako's face change from one of confusion to thought.

"I get that Mina, but, there's something special about the situation. Hell not even that, something special about him. You know how there's the idea of love at first sight? Or the idea of 'The One'? I don't believe in those, but, I feel like there's something about Izuku that just draws me to him. I don't know if that's a bond as a friend, or if I like him, or something more, but... it just feels like we were meant to meet. I don't know him that well, and the same goes the other way round, but it's just how I feel." Ochako explained, not even thinking about the words, as if they were instantly coming out of her mouth.

"Hm. I guess I'll have to meet him and everyone else that you've made friends with, cuz that's interesting. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited at a chance to ship you with someone else" Mina replied, a devilish grin on her face.

"Really? Ship me with? What are you a fourteen-year-old girl?" Ochako sarcastically responded, rolling her eyes at Mina's antics.

"Oh please, I'm just having fun, so what if I'm acting like a child? Anyways, we have much more important matters to discuss. Your birthday's coming up soon. And I think Midoriya should give you the best gift of all: A whole night of-" Mina exclaimed, before getting cut off.

"I'm back Ochako! You're never gonna believe this, Eri-" Izuku yelled out, before Eri elbowed Izuku. Getting the message, he shut up and carried on walking to the sitting room, before stopping, surprised to see Mina and Tsu, in his house, after only meeting them a couple of hours ago.

"Uhhh, hi you two. Um, I'd say welcome to my house, but well, it's a bit late for that." Izuku replied, looking to Ochako for some kind of help.

"I invited them in, we talked about it, remember?" Ochako replied, trying to dispel Izuku's state of confusion.

"Yeah I remember, it's just odd to see two people you've only ever met once in your life in your house without you knowing about it. Anyways, you two, this is Eri, my younger sister." Izuku said, moving to the side so the two girls could see Eri.

"Hi, I'm the better sibling. What are your guys' names?" Eri stated confidently, walking up to the two girls, as Izuku looked at her with a deadpan expression. 

"I'm Mina Ashido"

"I'm Tsuyu Asui, but you can call me Tsu"

"Oh, OHHH! You're Ochako's old friends! Oh wow, that's such a coincidence! I remember her saying that all of you wanted to go to UA, but still! That's sick! Nice to meet you!" Eri exclaimed, smiling and being extremely expressive. 

"It's nice to meet you too Eri. So, what do you think about your brother living with Ochako?" Mina asked suggestively, astonished to see Eri with the exact same facial expression she had.