Chapter 25: UA's Student System

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry, this chapter's out late, I had a few things to take care of over the weekend, so hopefully this isn't too late. I don't really have anything else, so let's go straight onto the chapter!

Izuku and Ochako walked in tandem throughout the university, with Izuku's head turning and twisting to look at everything he could. Italian maple doors and large glass windows adorned the school's floors, the view from the ground floor looking almost... muted. Izuku could see out of the panes of glass perfectly, they were so clean that they almost enhanced his vision, but the sounds of the cars driving past, the indistinct chatter of the public walking by, the ambient sounds of the city, that to him were normal, that felt like a part of life, the white noise that existed everywhere... it suddenly existed nowhere. 

It was a truly odd sensation for him, especially since he wasn't used to going outside of the city that often. Nevertheless, the sights of UA were enough to take his mind off how strangely unnerving this walk felt, as Ochako looked straight ahead, intermittently checking the map they were given at the gates of the main entrance, making sure to follow the signs for the first years' dorm area: 1-A. 

Taking a left, she looked to her left, only to see Izuku having seemingly vanished. Walking backwards slightly would reveal to her that he actually just kept walking forward, too engrossed in his own excitement.

"Izuku! Get back here!" Ochako whisper-shouted, the tranquility of the hallway prompting her to be as quiet as possible. 

"Ah! Sorry Ochako!" Izuku replied, his voice just as quiet as Ochako's, not wanting to ruin the peace either. 

"Social influence really does work in weird ways huh?" He thought to himself, his love of psychology was something that always kept him thinking, and never bored. 

"Did you not come to the open day or something? I know it's cool to look around here, but it's almost like this is your first time walking through here" Ochako asked Izuku, remembering how serious and focused he usually was. 

"I didn't, Eri was sick that day, so I stayed home to help her, and I kind of got chased around the house by Nejire." Izuku remarked, chuckling sheepishly, slightly embarrassed about his childlike behaviour, as he remembered that time.

Flashback

"Shit... your fever's not breaking huh?" Izuku said, gently removing the thermometer from Eri's mouth, as she pulled the covers up a little bit.

"I'll be fine, it's just a cold. I just feel bad that you're missing out on the UA open day! And don't worry about me, I haven't had a cold in years. The last time was when Mum-" Eri replied, still smiling despite how weak her body felt.

"I know. I know... Eri. And I know you'll be fine, it's just annoying that you have to miss school even today. I thought you'd be fine over the weekend, but I guess not." Izuku replied, cutting Eri off, as he stood up, getting her some warm water, "Drink up." He stated, handing her the bottle.

"Izukuuuu, it tastes horrible! I told you, my sore throat's fine, I don't need it" Eri whined, already sweating like crazy, and the thought of warm water made her feel even more uncomfortable, which was somehow possible.

"And I told you, you don't sound fine, and this is good for you. I know it doesn't taste as refreshing as normal water, but you won't have to drink it for long." Izuku implored, putting the bottle into Eri's hand, as she reluctantly took it from him.

"Fine. But let it be known that I'm drinking this under protest" Eri replied, taking a sip of the warm fluid, and grimacing at the odd taste, although she had to admit that it did soothe her throat, as she took another big gulp.