Ju-Ni

Kaiyo Hattori's thoughts went back to Earth upon hearing Tamayo Yaidzu say, "Kaiyo! Someone's coming, someone's coming. Quick!" She pulled her arm and they, including Sumiko Yoshiko hid behind the boulders and pulled their bags to the ground near them to avoid being noticed. They heard a clunking sound, as if something dropped to the ground, but they ignored it (because the clunking sound was muffled by the sand). They were enclosed by a wall of boulders and the space where they hid was pretty small, so they were practically squeezed in. 

   The shuffling of the sand to their right was getting louder. They kept their mouths shut. The sound grew louder... and louder... then it stopped. 

   "Who is it, Sumiko?" Kaiyo asked her. "Can you check?"

   Sumiko nodded and slowly assumed a low kneeling position, enough to see above the boulder. It was Ryo Sasaki (Male Student No. 6). He didn't seem to have any weapons, but he wore something in both of his hands which looked like brass knuckles. Actually, it is. Upon seeing Ryo, Sumiko ducked back to her previous position. Tamayo was about to say something when she put her hand on her mouth and made a silencing gesture.

   She whispered, "Its Ryo." She didn't have any negative thoughts about him nor she have any positive ones too. He normally hung out with the rest of the boys (excluding Daisuke Ameyama, Atsushi Mori, Aoi Torio and Jiro Shimeji), but something tells her its not the best option to approach him. She held her arm straight in front of Tamayo and Kaiyo, telling them not to move.

   Ryo, on the other hand, started walking again to the direction in front of him. A few meters from him were the boulders where Sumiko and the others hid. That's when he noticed a pineapple-shaped object near the boulders. His curiosity got ahead of him and decided to see what it was. He picked it up and realized it was a hand grenade. When Sumiko and the others hid behind the boulders, one of the grenades was pushed by Tamayo's bag, making it drop to the ground with a clunk. Up to this moment, Sumiko still hasn't realized this. 

   Ryo muttered to himself as he examined the grenade, "Hmm... Who could've dropped this? Oh wait, of course it would be a classmate." His face was covered with sweat and his polo shirt was also drenched with the sweat. Some dripped from the tips of his hair, as if he was a rain machine.

   "Ugh... I'm beat." He said as he pushed himself on top of the boulder, not noticing that there were three girls hiding behind him. He continued to play with the hand grenade and touched the safety pin's pull ring. Something tempting entered his mind: What if I try throwing this and see if it really works like those in movies?

   Most people give in to temptations, and he was one of them. WIth sweaty hands he nervously pulled the pull ring off the hand grenade. When it was fully removed, a whiff of gas got out of the grenade. At once, he threw it behind him. It fell on Kaiyo's skirt, and she immediately screamed. 

   "AHHHH!!!!"

   Out of shock, she accidentally pulled Ryo's dangling hand; in turn, Ryo was pulled down with them into the very tight space inside the boulders. He landed on their knees and he groaned.

    Ryo was surprised to see them there. "Whoa! Sumiko? Tamayo? Kaiyo? You're there all the time!?", said with a moan as he tried to massage his sore back. 

     Sumiko immediately hit him on the head with her fist, even if it was hard to her arms around. She shouted, "You idiot! You just threw a grenade at us!"

    He sat up on their knees and they instantly pulled him down again, making him squeeze in between them. 

    "Ow! Cut that out!", Tamayo screamed as she tried to support herself up. The other did they same, only that it made things worse. It made them all tangled up in the tight space.

    "Where's the grenade!? Where is it, Ryo!?" Sumiko yelled at him. 

    Because of the little chaos they made, the opened grenade that fell on Kaiyo's skirt fell down to the ground, but since they were all squirming around, it remained unnoticed.

    They all began screaming like crazy as they looked like fish caught in a net. When someone tried to get out, someone made a wrong move and they got all mixed up with them again. The whiff of gas went under their nostrils and panicked even more. That's when Sumiko realized that if the grenade came in contact with the other two, it'll surely make a big explosion and kill them; not to mention a worst case scenario wheein their necklaces would get caught in the explosion.

    "Damn you, Ryo! Damn you!" Tamayo yelled at Ryo as she hit him continuously with her hands. Ryo returned the favor by hitting her with the brass knuckles. Kaiyo held her off as she moved her legs like crazy, trying to free herself. "Cut it out, Tamayo- OW!"

    Kaiyo's legs were pinned down by Sumiko's body, rendering her unable to move until she did. Thoughts ran through her mind. She'll never get out of this alive. They were all trying to get out of the boulder at the same time and getting out was hard because it was very tight with Ryo added. She heard her mother's voice, and so did her father's. She began to cry a big amount of tears. Mom! Dad! Save me!!!

    BOOM!!!!!

    BOOM!!!!!

    BOOM!!!!!

    And it was followed by four more smaller explosions, sending white sparks into the air. Blood splattered into the air, making a little bloody rain. The drops of blood landed on the sand and rocks, staining them with red liquid, which somehow gleamed under the sun's light. The screaming ended. No sound was heard from the four of them. Nobody moved.

    Sumiko Yoshiko's back was severed into the verge of nearly being split in half. Her neck was also severed by the necklace that exploded right after the grenades went off. These things also happened to Tamayo, Kaiyo and Ryo, who were piled on top of each other with their limbs bended over and under each other's bodies, still trying to get out.

   Sumiko wasn't able to come up with a plan, Kaiyo was right about her dark hunch and Ryo was stupid to pick up the grenade and throw it behind him. And if it weren't for Sumiko pulling out her hand grenades, all of these shouldn't have happened.

Male Student No. 6 - Ryo Sasaki, dead

Female Student No. 10 - Kaiyo Hattori, dead

Female Student No. 15 - Tamayo Yaidzu, dead

Female Student No. 17 - Sumiko Yoshiko, dead

27 Students Remaining