San-Ju-San

♪Oh we could be heroes, just for one day...♪

   Nothing will stop them now. It won't be longer now. They'll find Akane Toyohiko and get on with it. After that, they'll find a way to escape the wretched island and live their lives as normal as possible, as if no Program ever happened.

   They continued to run and search for the vice president. And they won't stop until they do. As they ran, they imagined their dead classmates, all cheering for them. One by one, all of them passed by, looking at them with happy and confident faces.

   The two cousins, Azami Takahasa (Female Student No. 1) and Imako Tokonoma (Female Student No. 2) stood side by side, waving at them. They said in unison, "You can do it guys! We know you can!" Beside them were Etsuko Lioka (Female Student No. 3), who waved with her iPhone 2G. And behind them were the rest of the deceased girls, all with the same happy expressions.

   To their left were the much louder crowd: the boys. Shigeo's close friends, Kohaku Suejiro (Male Student No. 4) and Ryo Sasaki (Male Student No. 6) stood hand in hand, shouting, "Go! Go! Go! Go! Get 'em! Get 'em!" The rest of the boys jumped and yelled.

   All of these gave them the confidence they needed. And at the same time, these imaginary thoughts disappeared.

   They were back in their run for Akane.

   ♪Though nothing will, drive them away. We can beat them, just for one day...♪

   Their heart began to race. The felt as if Akane was lurking anywhere near them. Junka bit on her lip, feeling very nervous and tensed. Shigeo, on the other hand, tried to keep himself in one piece. He has to stay strong, and he wished the same for Junka.

   BANG!

   They halted to a stop. That was it. No one would fire a gun except for Akane. And she's standing right... Somewhere. She's on the area, but they can't see her. But judging from the gunfire, she must've found them, though keeping herself hidden. It seems she's warning them. It seems thay one wrong move may mean another gunfire directed right at them. 

   "She's here. I can feel it," Shigeo whispered to Junka, who was starting to sweat out of nervousness. 

   Her grip on her trident grew tighter than before. She thought she couldn't say a word because she was now scared. But finally, she managed to say, "I-i-i don't know if I can... do this... I-"

   He laid his hand on her shoulder and looked at her with an assuring smile. "We can do it. I know we can." Shigeo tried putting courage in his words, but he too was growing nervous that it made his voice shaky.

   They kept quiet for a few minutes, listening intently for any sign of Akane.

   No sign... No sign... No sign... No s-!

   BANG!

   Shit! She's here!

  And so it was, Akane Toyohiko, the derailed vice president of Class A, appeared from the trees. On one hand she held a revolver, the Colt Single Action Army revolver that once belonged to Atsushi Mori, then passed onto Kohaku Suejiro. On her left hand was the AK47 Assault rifle of Suki Tai Fujishiro. On her belt hung Sachi Kaneko's Heckler and Koch VP70, Kohaku Suehiro's machete and her supplied wrench. Junka and Shigeo took a few steps back, but this only made Akane point the two guns at them. 

   Akane began to giggle in a strange way. "H-he... he-he-he... HAHAHAHA!!! I-i g-g-g-got you now! I GOT YOU NOW!!!"

   From the looks of it, she looked very dangerous. But Shigeo mustered all of his courage as he slowly raised his hatchet.

   "I'm, no, we're sorry, Akane. But we have to do this," Shigeo reasoned to her. "Me and Junka are going to survive. We can't bring a burden like you. You're a burden that killed others. We can't forgive you for killing our friends. Got that... Ms. Vice?"

   Akane just laughed. Her body swayed sideways, as if she was dancing. She kept her guns pointed at the two of them. Her long ruffled hair nearly covered her face, which made her look more insane than before.

   Her index finger slowly pushed the revolver's trigger, and Shigeo saw this. And with a snap in his mind, he ran for Akane. And in turn, the revolver went off with a pop.

   The final encounter has begun.

3 Students Remaining