Ju-Yon

He was like a lone prince in the forest. Shigeo Ishihara (Male Student No. 10) slowly ate the loaf of bread he found inside the bag while he thought of the things that happened before the Program start. He remembered his girlfriend, Junka Hitomaro (Female Student No. 8) and all the times they had together but ever since their parents found out what relationship they have, they started to go rough on each other. He remembered the words Junka said to him while they sat alone in the park, "Shigeo... I don't want to lose you but... But I... My parents told me to stop having any relations with you and that they will forcefully move me to another school if I continued this."

    He also didn't want to lose her, but unlike his supportive parents, Junka's were very strict. He knows its forbidden, but he can't help it, so does Junka. But to be true, neither of them knew what to do next. Everything just went awkward after that.

    The loaf of bread melted in his mouth as he stopped chewing, falling into deep thought. He was glad she didn't make it to the list (yet), but he was still worried about her. He knows she's independent and can take care of herself, but he knew she couldn't handle something like this. He then remembered the time where they first exchanged hugs and their first "I love you" to each other but to be honest, it didn't seem to matter anymore, given the situation they are in. Its very tough to trust even your best friend in this game; you're lucky if he/she didn't turn your back on you and stab you while you weren't looking. Truth be told, Junka was the only person he could only hope of trusting now. Even his friends like Kohaku Suejiro (Male Student No. 4), Ryo Sasaki (Male Student No. 6 who is now dead) and Takumi Kusashima (Male Student No. 7) were people worth of suspicion. Two of his other boy classmates, Atsushi Mori (Male Student No. 5) and Satoru Kagawa (Male Student No. 12) already killed some of their classmates. He was also right on having high suspicions on Daisuke Ameyama, who killed Azami Takahasa and Imako Tokonoma. About his partner, Jiro Shimeji, he's not sure. And for the rest, he's not sure also. For now, his best option was to avoid danger and find Junka as fast as possible. The goal sounds rather easy, but death is your main enemy here. Death can be lurking around, waiting for prey.

    Everything remained quiet, calm and peaceful, as if he was eating bread on heaven. He looked up and saw the bright noon sky, with the sun covered by tree branches and leaves, casting shadows over him. He emptied his mind even for a while and continued eating the loaf of bread.

    Suddenly, his mind told him he would have to move from his location as his ears received the sound of gunshots. He quickly stood up, put the leftovers back into the bag and pulled out his weapon: a hatchet. He zipped the bag close and slung it on his shoulders. With the hatchet gripped tightly on his right hand, he headed south, bearing in mind that whoever was shot by that gun, it wasn't Junka Hitomaro.

26 Students Remaining