Shichi

Hideaki Kamakura (Male Student No. 2) waited outside the building's premises for his best friend, Katsushi Tosaku (Male Student No. 3). Upon finding a safe place to hide, he checked his bag (Around this time, Imako Tokonoma already got out and ran for the forest). He found the things Okamatsu had said a few minutes eariler. He reached for the bottom of the bag and touched a gun-like object and a small box. Was it really a gun? He asked this to himself when he touched a long indented metal object at the end of the gun-like thing. He pulled it out and found out it was a drill. Great, I look like a construction worker, but it does seem like a good weapon; however, where's the wire to put it in? Dammit, how can I use this without electricity? Then he remembered the box. He pulled it out too and read the contents. It was box containing the batteries for the drill. He searched the drill for the battery box and found it at the bottom part of the handle, fortunately.

  He heard footsteps at the building's doorway. He quickly put the drill and battery box back at his bag and closed the zipper. A few seconds later, Katsushi finally emerged from the shadows. He had his bag slung over his left shoulder and looked around. Hideaki quickly waved at him to make him notice him. He looked to his right and saw him. He mouthed the word, "Hey."

  Katsuhi ran for his direction when they heard a gunshot. He staggered a few inches then continued walking towards Hideaki. He crouched down and whispered, "It seems someone's willing."

  Hideaki sighed then said, "I guess so. My hunch that it's Daisuke."

  Katsushi nodded at once. "He'll do anything to get his ass off here."

  Hideaki pointed to his back, towards the thicket. "We'd better get away from here. Our classmates will come out every so often. We might get killed here."

  At that moment, Etsuko Lioka (Female Student No. 3) got out of the building and ran for the opposite direction Imako also went to. They waited for something happened when they heard a high-pitched scream. They winced.

  "Isn't that... Azami?" Katsushi said.

  The scream died down, then recurred again.

  "Yeah... she is. Wait, if she's screaming then-"

  Hideaki's sentence was finished by the gunshot that killed Azami.

  Katsushi said in shock, "No way... she's killed, is she?"

  Hideaki put on a solemn face. "I feel very bad about that gunshot." He picked up his bag and slung it on his shoulder. "Look, we'd better get out of here."

  "We'd better wait for Kohaku (Male Student No. 4) and the others." Katsushi said.

  "We don't have time. Someone might kill us here. We'll get them later. Quick, let's get out of here."

  He reluctantly slung his bag too. "I guess..."

  They both stood up, turned for the thicket ahead of them and ran for it, hoping they wouldn't run into any killer classmate. Upon disappearing into the trees beyond the building, Akahana Gisuke (Female Student No. 4) emerged from the exit and went for Etsuko's direction.

36 Students Remaining