Kyu

Upon hearing the announcement made by Okamatsu, which echoes throught the island through the big speakers on top of the building, Hideaki Kamakura (Male Student No. 2) and Katsushi Tosaku (Male Student No. 3) pulled out their maps and pens from their bags and marked the danger zones with an X. Fortunately, they weren't on any zones. They ran throughout the dawn so they got pretty tired. They reach a good distance away from the building, which was now a danger zone. They were currently a bit south west of the building, at sector C=7, which looked over at the sea.

   "I can't believe it. Daisuke killed Azami and Imako; not mention Satoru killed Tukiko, Hatsu and Terumi.", Hideaki said with disappointment. "I understand that Daisuke could do it, but Satoru? I'm surprised."

   Katsushi said as he put back the map and pen, "As they say, many students change in this game. From the kindest to the most brutal of killers, that is. I think there maybe more of us who are willing to kill than I expected it wouldn't be."

   Seeing he put back his, he also put back his things back into his bag. "We'd better be more careful now. There are still 33 of us lurking on the island."

   Katsushi silently nodded. A few seconds had passed when he asked, "Hey, Aki?"

   "What?"

   "Are you... willing to kill our classmates? Including me, if it counts on your list."

   Hideaki grew silent again. He stared up to the clear morning sky then looked back at him and replied, "I'm... not sure yet. IF I have to, then I will, but that's tentative." He chuckled and continued, "Me, killing you? That's bullshit! I won't do that, of course!"

   Katsushi managed to give him a slight smile. "Thanks, bro. Oh, that reminds me, what weapon did you get?"

   Immediately, he opened his bag and pulled out the drill. "I got a battery-operated drill. You?"

   Katsushi did the same and pulled out his'. It was a like a cross between a gun and a bottle. There was trigger-like button at the neck of the bottle's body and a steel tube formed the barrel-like part of it. He pressed the button and suddenly, blue fire erupted from the mouth of the tube. He quickly let go of the button, and the fire disappeared.

   "I got a blow torch. Good enough make fire; your drill's good enough too, since its battery operated."

   Hideaki let out a giggle as he put back the drill in his bag. "Well, when its really needed, I'll drill this onto their heads."

   Katsushi joined him. "Then I'll burn right through their faces!"

   They laughed as they chatted away, hoping to drive away some of the fear and panic they are feeling ever since it all began; however, their happy time was cut short when yelled behind them, "Shit! Shit! Goddammit!"

   They quickly stood up and turned around. Katsushi immediately fastened the blow torch in his loose belt. The forest ended a few meters away from them so seeing someone there is pretty easy. They squinted their eyes and saw someone limping. It was Jiro Shimeji (Male Student No. 9), Daisuke Ameyama's best friend. He held onto his right leg as he limped towards them.

   "Aki, Katsushi, help!" He continued to yell in pain as he clutched for his leg. 

   Hideaki and Katsushi exchanged a mix of scared and worried faces with each other. Jiro's almost the same as Daisuke. If his best friend could kill, so could he; but they gave up the idea and hesitantly went for him to help him out in his situation. Hideaki offered his hand to Jiro. Jiro, in turn, smiled and grabbed his hand... and pulled him in his front with his left arm locked on his neck. He pulled out a shiny object from his pocket and pointed it to Hideaki's throat, just above his collar. Hideaki gasped and began to sweat.

   A dagger was near his neck, ready to slit his throat if he made a wrong move. Katsushi's widened as he tried to free Aki from Jiro. 

   "I wouldn't be so sure if you try to free him, Katsushi.", Jiro said as he punctured the dagger onto Aki's neck. Aki winced and muttered, "Agh." A small drop of blood came out of the puncture.

   "Let go of him!" Katsushi yelled at him. Jiro didn't move. He removed the dagger punctured in Aki's neck, but still kept it very close to the wound. Aki's face tightened and tried to gesture his face at Katsushi, telling him to get away. Katsushi got his message and shook his head.

   "Oh, want me to split his neck off? I'd be happy to."

   He cursed under his breath and muttered, "Tch."

  Jiro thought of this as another word and shouted at him, "What was that, dorkhead? Said something?"

   Instead of becoming irritated at him, he smiled and said, "You've got pretty good ears, but I guess your brain still needs some working out as it hasn't grown for a year already. If it did, I'd say it grew from 1 cm to 1.5 cm. Good news."

   Aki glared at him as Jiro tightened his lock on him. "You'd better take that back or I'll really split his neck off!"

   Katsushi slowly ran his right hand for his back where the blow torch was fastened. While he was doing that, he said in a low tone, "Okay. Okay. I surrender, Jiro." He took a few steps back then it hit him. He quickly pulled the blow torch and threw at directly at Jiro's head, specifically his face. He yelped in pain as he accidentally let go of Aki. 

   Katsushi yelled at Aki, "Quick! Get the blow torch!"

   Without further ado, Aki got the blow torch, which was near his feet. He used the opportunity when Jiro was distracted by the pain surging in his face and pressed the button of the blow torch. The blue flames like before burst from the mouth. He thrusted his arm towards Jiro's hands with the activated blow torch firmly gripped in his hand. The flames made contact with Jiro's skin, and he yelped even more. 

   "Aaaagghhh!!!"

   The flames of the blow torch immediately began to burn right through his skin. The skin where the flames contacted with was now red with the edges burnt black and kept on spreading. The burn began to severe and avulse his skin. Out of mercy, Aki released his hard press on the blow torch's button, withdrawing the blue flames. From there, the burn revealed itself to be even more worse. The skin was peeled off, revealing bloody and avulsed flesh. Smoke rose from the burn and it smelled awfully of gas and blood. Jiro couldn't move his hands from its current position because it was too painful to even move them by an inch.

   Katsushi grabbed Aki's arm. "C'mon! We'd better leave him off here before he strikes back!"

   Aki, who was stunned by what he did, blindly went with Katsushi. After a while, he came back to his senses and got his bag and ran southeast for a nearby river to wash his wound in his neck. Meanwhile, Jiro stood there, yelling in agonizing pain as he turned his hand to see the gross damage Aki had caused on him.

   "Hideaki... I... I... I swear I'll kill you by the name of the 7 devils on hell!"

33 Students Remaining