San-Ju-Ichi

She's near. I've found her again, Shigeo Ishihara thought. Distant gunfires made him stop in his tracks again. He's very certain someone died from those gunshots, and on top of that, he's certain that there were very few of them left. 

  But on the brighter side of the situation. he found Junka Hitomaro again, who sat down after becoming tired of running. On her right hand was a three-pronged spear. A trident, to be exact, the weapon used by Poseidon in Greek myth. But all Shigeo could think about was some kind of giant fork. No more thought to be made after that. Nothing follows. That was all.

   Its no use hiding behind bushes anymore. Its time to reveal myself to her and set things right. 

   He stood up, making the bushes rustle. In turn, Junka turned around. That's when she saw Shigeo, standing there, with a smile on his face. Her jaw dropped.

   "S-shigeo? Shigeo, is that you?"

   He nodded in reply.

  Junka began to wear a smile on her face too, and immediately ran up to him. She quickly wrapped her arms around him, dropping the trident on the ground. She didn't say anything. Despite the two of them having problems in their relationship, it seemed that it was all driven away with the flick of a hand. Shigeo felt relieved and very happy for once. He finally found her, and she was unscathed, which made him happier. He didn't want anything now. He finally have Junka. He could even die now, but he can't think of that.

   Now that they're reunited, he just have to make a plan to escape from the island with her. But first they have to settle down. Junka released her hug from him and they sat down on the grass besides each other.

   "Where have you been, Shigeo?" Junka asked him.

   He definitely knew the answer to that. "I've been looking all over for you. You've disappeared when I went out of the building, even if we're just two people apart."

   He was right. The people between them in the class roster were Akane Toyohiko and Jiro Shimeji. 

   Junka lowered her head. "I'm sorry. I'm just... distraught at everything's that happened. I don't want to die so easily so I ran away as far as I can without even thinking that you'll come for me."

   "That's your reason? I'm fine with it, really. I'm just glad to find you safe and sound."

   Junka chuckled, "You're so protective of me, even if things are not the same anymore, y'know that?"

   Shigeo chuckled too in turn, "I guess I'm not just over it. But still..."

   She held his hand tightly and leaned closer to him. "Look, let's forget all of it until we survive. From there, we'll fix things, okay? I don't care if they need one winner. We'll survive. I'm sure of it."

   He couldn't say anything. Junka was a strong young woman. She faced problems head on, and tries to find a way out of every sticky situation she gets into. That's one of the very reasons why Shigeo fell for her... And why they have to stay away from each other.

   Shigeo tried holding the question back, but continued, "So... What's up with the family now? Things getting better, I presume?"

   Junka, with her head still lowered, said in a sadder voice, "No... Dad wouldn't believe that we... You know... Mom did believe that I stayed away from you, but Dad is so stubborn. And the matter has reached my grandparents' concern. They told me we have to break up for the sake of my grades. I don't blame you for my sudden drop. I'll never do that, but... Well, I admit I'm in a very hard and difficult situation right now. I can't seem to find a way out of it. And to make things worse, Mom began to lose hope on me. Yes, she believes that I stayed away from you, but my grades aren't getting any better. She's raising suspicion over me."

   The Hitomaro Family was very strict on her. They wanted her to be perfect, but Junka can't seem to fulfill their wishes. She didn't just want grades, she wanted to be loved. They were never really easy on her. They took everything seriously. And now, that her very family doubts her, it seemed that her relationship on them was about to be torn apart. Her relationship with her family was estranged enough for her to even think of leaving their home and run away, hoping that it would clear the troubles off her mind, even for some time only. 

   Shigeo didn't want to say anything. For now, he just thought that Junka wanted someone to listen to her troubles and problems. For now, she wanted a shoulder for her to cry on. 

   Then, Junka laughed. "I shouldn't be acting all drama queen to you like this."

   "Its okay. Everyone has their own problems, and everyone has the right to be drama queen for once," Shigeo replied.

   Junka looked to him and within a second, she kissed him on the cheeked. Shigeo looked away, trying to hide the redness of his face.

   "Thank you, for being here with me," Junka said.

   Shigeo wasn't able to say anything. He was kissed, so what would you expect?

  "I-its nothing," he stammered.

   And that's when the loud feedback sound of the speakers cut off their conversation. It was 12 noon already.

3 Students Remaining