Ni-Ju

The four of them descended down the slope of the mountain. At times they nearly skidded down because the rocks and soil were unstable, but they helped each other up. They now crossed the border between sectors B=3 and C=3. The sector beside C=3 which is C=4, will become a danger zone when the clock hits 10 PM, which will replace D=3, which was announced during the first report. They continued to go down the slope until they reached a ledge. They stopped for a while then continued down.

    "How did you guys find me?" Jin asked.

    "It was just chances." Chizuru replied as she pulled out her water bottle and sipped some from it. She offered it to her. "Want some?"

    Jin shook her head. "What were you doing up there? I mean, if finding me was just chances, then surely you have another plan before even finding me."

    Chizuru put back the water battle into her back, which hung in front of her. "You see, the bread they gave us tasted really stale and musty. We couldn't get to eat it anymore as it was hard too so we went up the mountain to get real food."

    Dai said, "I much as we wanted to eat, we couldn't stand the bread so... yeah, we went up to look for food and found you."

    Jin felt like she was a burden to them. She asked, "Have you got any food before finding me?"

   "Luckily, we found some fresh and ripe oranges and limes near a shabby house. It was fenced off so we thought someone owned it but since this was abandoned already, we got in anyway," Dai replied.

    At the very least, she wasn't a burden. Jin asked, "If there was house, why not stay there instead of the mine shaft?"

   "You never know, someone might be hiding in there waiting for us to come in. We don't want to risk our lives just to get a nicer place than a mine shaft. Plus, the mine shaft we found is rather small so it is harder to find it behind boulders." 

    As they descended a fair distance from where they found Jin, Eriko pointed to her right. On the mountain path was a small wooden house. In front of it were several lush fruit trees fenced off by pickets whose paint was peeling and scratched off.  Between the trees and the house was the dirt road where the mountain path continued. Eriko said, "That's the place where we found those fruits."

    Jin nodded. Well, Dai was right. Someone might already by occupying the house and its not her pleasure to find it out. Its very risky.

    They continued going down the mountain and after a few minutes, they changed direction, a bit to their left. The base was now in clear view. Chizuru said, "We are getting near the mine shaft." Around this time, they are at the middle of sector C=3. After entering a small thicket, Dai, who was now in front of them stopped. The others stopped a few meters from her.

    Jin asked, "What's up? Something wrong?"

   Dai remained quiet. Her arms began to tremble, as if she saw something frightening. She stood stiff in front of a sycamore tree but after a few seconds, she moved back. Jin looked over to her right and saw a human-like figure in front of her. A thick cord-like object was wrapped from one of the branches to the figure's neck part and the body was elevated from the ground, as if it was floating. She squinted her eyes and saw that the human figure was a girl. She had the same uniform as them. She then saw that the cord-like object was a chain. She went beside Dai and looked in horror...

   ...It was Akahana Gisuke (Female Student No. 4)

   Chizuru and Eriko followed right after Jin's reaction took off. Upon seeing Akahana's corpse hanged in the branch, they gasped. 

    Eriko grimaced and said, "A-akahana's dead..."

    All of them stood quiet. That's when they heard a rustle behind them, then a loud pop, then a scraping sound. Jin immediately turned around and saw Eriko's mouth wide open and her eyes bulging out. Jin looked closer and saw that there was a hole at the back of her mouth. Blood flowed out of her mouth as if she was vomiting. She looked back at Dai, and saw that her bag which was slung to her back also had the same hole. Another pop went off. And it was followed by another. Chizuru stood frozen as she, along with Jin and Dai looked at Eriko again. They all screamed. Two more holes appeared, both of which were at her neck, just below the collar, crushing her air passageway. Blood squirted out of the holes, staining her uniform with it. She swayed then fell to the ground... dead.

    Their eyes stared at her corpse then peeled them off to see Daisuke Ameyama (Male Student No. 1) standing a few feet from them with a gun still aimed at Eriko. He pulled the trigger and a another pop went off. The three of them looked back at Eriko and saw a hole at the top of her head. Blood also flowed down from there, drowning the low lying grass with the red liquid.

   Daisuke cocked the gun and said, "I got you now, bitches."

Female Student No. 4 - Akahana Gisuke, dead

Female Student No. 27 - Eriko Fukurotomo, dead

21 Students Remaining