Ni-Ju-Kyu

Meanwhile, Natsumi Nichiya (Female Student No. 13) was standing behind a tree, speechless of everything's that happened. She couldn't do anything for Matsui. She witnessed Matsui being struck by that hatchet. She fell to the ground, screaming out of pain. And after a few seconds, she was dead. She couldn't do anything. All she had was her supplied boomerang and the late Ume Kotobuki's shovel. She'll be dead long before Shigeo suffers the same fate as Atsushi Mori. She'll receive the final strike of the very same weapon that killed Matsui. As Shigeo ran away, Natsumi emerged from behind the tree's trunk and walked towards Matsui's corpse. She tried holding back the tears as she crouched down, but quickly assumed a standing position again.

   She wiped the tears forming in her eyes. I have to be strong. I mustn't show weakness. I must fight for my friends. I have to live on. 

   Her deceased friends' faces started to flicker in her mind.

   Atsushi, I know you didn't actually killed Hisako and Aoi but as much as you didn't, you're still a traitor. However... I forgive you. Do forgive me too for doing this to you. But I promise I will make it up to you. Its okay for you to haunt me, okay? We're still friends, right?

   Aoi, forgive Atsushi, will you? He's a good guy. He never meant to kill you. He was just... Distressed, maybe? But all in all, please do.

   Azami and Imako, you've been dead since yesterday dawn. But your killer is dead. That's justice, right? And, always stand up for each other, even in the afterlife. As they say, family sticks together, right?

   Upon remembering Matsui's name, she lowered her head and this time, she let her tears flow freely.

   Matsui, you're one of my best friends. We always hung out together. We always helped each other in times of trouble. And now you're here, dead in front of my eyes. I can't believe it. I didn't do anything to protect you. I just let you die helplessly. You didn't stand a chance against Shigeo. But I promise, from the bottom of my heart, that I will avenge you. I love you very much. Matsui... Until the very end.

  Lastly, Ume? Forgive me for killing your killer. It was all just... I can't seem to describe it. You're one of my best friends too, a friend who was always willing to help me. You we're there to back me up when I couldn't think of the answer to a teacher's question or to a simple pick-up joke. Thank you.

  Everyone, please, give me the strength to continue and live on. And to everybody else who died fighting, I salute you. And lastly, thank you for the memories we've shared. Thank you for anything and everything you've given to me, whether good or bad.

  Despite killing each other, we're still Class A, right? The cream of the crop. The star section. The top class.

  And finally, a voice brought her back from memory lane, "Matsui! Matsui! Hey, Matsui!"

  It was Oyoshi Sumire (Female Student No. 7). She was tugging the sleeves of her uniform. Yes, she did see Matsui's corpse beside her, but something tells her that this isn't the time to be shocked.

  Nasumi finally said, "W-what? What's happening?"

  Oyoshi said in a panting voice, "C'mon! We have to get out of here! Takumi is coming!"

   For once, Natsumi wondered who Takumi was, but then realized it was Takumi Kusashima (Male Student No. 7), a close friend of the deceased Ryo Sasaki (Male Student No. 6). 

   "Why, Oyoshi? What's with Takumi?"

   Oyoshi pulled her hand and in turn, Natsumi stood up. That's when Oyoshi said, "He's chasing after me. And he's carrying a crossbow or something." She paused for a few seconds then said,

   "He's trying to kill me!"

6 Students Remaining