Ni-Ju-Yon

Bachiko Namatame (Female Student No. 16) listened intently to Okamatsu's midnight announcement. She was half-terrified, half-surprised that 29 of their class are already dead. She kept a handwritten list of all of her classmates. She slashes the name's of those who are dead in accordance to his announcement. So far, she discovered only 3 boys and 10 girls are left. It was a small number already. The chances of winning are getting wider everytime a person dies. But she couldn't care less. She didn't care if someone dies, she herself will die anyway. She hardly ever moved from her location which was B=4, which was overgrown with large bushes. It wasn't that far away from the building where it all started. She's not stupid enough to rush further to the mountains or forests and die in the hands of the others. As much as she wanted to move to another place, she couldn't. She couldn't rush into battle, especially when your weapon is a baton, the kind policemen use. She was certainly no match for the gunfire she heard throughout the first day. Her class was obliterated by more than halfway. It only meant there are people who are willing to kill. Her? She couldn't find a clear answer for herself. She just stay crouched there, keeping in mind that a few meters from her was sector A=4 and a bit more beyond that was the cliff. She could hear the roar of the waves below and the seemingly gentle roar of the cold wind. It was already 1:04 AM. They were halfway through the game. 

   Game? I wouldn't be so sure of that. She said to herself.

   She clutched for the already crumpled student list and stared at it. Yes, she could form an alliance with some of the girls, but she couldn't help thinking that they might just turn their back on her and kill her. She couldn't help spelling the word 'betrayal'. In the end, she decided to handle things alone without any 'help' from others. 

   She couldn't sleep a wink because she was tensed and nervous. She couldn't help thinking that when she falls asleep, someone may notice her and kill her. Well, she did a nap a few hours ago, but it didn't help a lot. But she tried shrugging off the fact and lied down on the ground. She rose up again a bit to stuff her bag, which made a rather good makeshift pillow and rested her head on it.

    I just have to sleep through all of this, right? Nothing much to worry...

    Her eyes drooped and eventually closed shut. She fell into the world of subconsciousness. She couldn't fathom how large this world is, but she could tell it was vast. She overlooked on her fantasy world when she heard a shrill scream. A damsel in distress! I have to save her! Knights! Ready my pegasus and sword! I will rescue the damsel! (yes, she's a girl and the one's she saving is no different from her)

    It seems the shrill scream passed through from reality to her subconscious world. And it seemed  headed right for her. Actually, the scream came from Akasuki Obatsuyama (Female Student No. 24) , and her scream sounded like she was being chased by someone or something. She continued to run out of the forest and into the clearing of bushes. Her face was pale and sweaty and her uniform was soiled in dirt. As she ran, her bag shook to its sides on her shoulder. On her right hand was a pink long object. It was an umbrella. 

   Bachiko, still in her dreams, saw the damsel with her precious rod given by fairies (the umbrella) and her rucksack (the bag). On her pegasus, she galloped to reach the damsel, but she immediately stopped on her tracks. She witnessed the damsel being put in a vicious trap made by vicious villain. The villain held a magic wand made of stainless and gleaming metals.

   On the real world, Sachi Kaneko (Female Student No. 22) held her Heckler and Koch VP70 forward as she chased Akasuki. So, she was the someone who Akasuki ran away from. And in a rather parallel universe she was the vicious villain in Bachiko's dreams. And the gun she held was the magic wand.

     "N-no no! I didn't try to kill you, Sachi! Believe me, it wasn't me! It wasn't me!", Akasuki cried as she continued to run without even looking back. Tears flowed from her eyes, and her face was full of fear and distress.

     Sachi, who was one of the less active members of the class, turned into rather insane person now. She yelled with anger, "I don't believe you! You tried hitting my head! You did! You did! Don't deny it!"

   Akasuki couldn't reply to that. She didn't even attempt to hit her head. It was Akane Toyohiko (Female Student No. 9), the class' vice president. She couldn't believe that Sachi would accuse her despite inviting her to team up with her with open arms. How inconsiderate of her!

    As she continued to run, Sachi chased after her with the gun still pointed at her. She couldn't do anything with a good-for-nothing umbrella against a gun. Her thick-soled shoes made thumping sounds on the grassy soil. As she stepped near a rock, the thumping of her shoes became louder, then quickly died down.

     And she was shocked to see that her right shoe had red splatter-like patterns on it. Since when did her shoe got that pattern?

    Oh right, the instant Sachi shot her in the leg.

13 Students Remaining