Some new info

Just as planned, Robert checked out of the hotel with his usual hood and mask. He walked into a restaurant and entered the bathroom where Fenton and Carson were waiting for him.
They helped him with the disguise and exchanged bags with Robert. Fenton would disguise himself again and pass the bag to Robert again later.
Robert walked out of the restaurant, unnoticed and started looking for a hotel. He drove a rented a car under Carson's name and rode off to Montrose and looked for a hotel there. Carson already looked for a hotel for him so he just drove there.
He checked in under an assumed name and was surprised to see a man there, holding his bag. It was Joe. He somehow begged his father to let him do it instead.
"The receptionist allowed you to enter?" Robert asked him.
"No, it's because I checked into a room here too with Frank," Joe whispered. "I'll check out tomorrow morning. You can stay here as long as you want."
Robert nodded and entered his room with the keycard. First thing he did was take off the wig and fake beard.
"What a nightmare..." Robert said to himself, flopping down on the bed. "This needs to end..."
He started searching his friends' list for someone trustworthy enough to help him.

Fenton on the other hand, checked out of his hotel too. He was leaving to his car when a strange man bumped into his shoulder.
The guy didn't apologise and continued walking into the hotel. Fenton turned around to see the man and realised how he had green hair and acid green eyes.
"Rawlings..." Fenton realised.
He inconspicuously snapped a photo of him and sent it to Robert for confirmation. And indeed it was.
Fenton watched as Rawlings went to the receptionist.
"Is anyone by the name of Maxwell here?" Rawling's demanded, an Australian accent evident in his voice. "I would like to leave a message for him."
"I'm sorry, sir, but he just checked out," the receptionist said. "You might have been able to meet him if you came a few hours earlier."
"Aww no, did he say where he was going?" Rawlings asked again.
"No, sir," the receptionist said again. "He just checked out and left."
"Excuse me sir," a voice said behind Rawlings.
The green-haired man turned around and saw Fenton standing behind him. He was still in disguise and was glad that he forgot to remove it.
"What do you want?" Rawlings demanded.
"Well, I couldn't help but overhear, but I realised you were looking for someone named Maxwell?" Fenton asked.
"Yeah?"
"Is it by any chance Robert Maxwell?"
"Yes?"
"I heard him mention a place he was going to," Fenton said.
"Where?!"
"To Maine," Fenton informed.
"Which part?"
"Something Port or Land," Fenton said, acting like he was remembering something. "Yeah, something like that."
Rawlings waited no more. He brushed past Fenton and ran outside and jumped into an SUV.
Fenton smirked. His diversion was certainly working. He noted the licence plate of the SUV.
He smirked and went back to his car. He loaded the boot and started driving away. Joe and Frank were posing as guests at the hotel. It was only by chance that it was Saturday so they didn't have classes. The only thing they skipped was extracurricular.
And Joe was proud of it.

Carson decided to dig up some information about the case that Robert was working on. He first looked up Captain Drake.
His full name was Russell Drake. He was a strict officer that handled many cases to success.
"Let's see if Chief McGinnis knows this fella," Carson mused. "He probably does."
He contacted Chief McGinnis and asked him about Captain Drake.
"He's a good fella," the chief said. "I've heard of his cases many times! Always manages to crack them."
"Have you ever met him?" Carson asked.
"Only once," Chief McGinnis said. "Even that was during a conference at Seattle."
"Did he mention anything about a Robert Maxwell?" Carson asked.
"Nope," was the chief's answer. "Not a word. In fact, he didn't mention any other officers besides himself."
"Thank you, Chief," Carson said before hanging up.
He thought about it. Everything made sense except for one thing.
Why did he suspend Robert after he was caught by those rogues?
Judging by Robert's side of the story, Robert had worked with all his heart and soul. The only mistake he had done was calling the Captain in front of Rawlings and get caught.
Other than that, he had done nothing wrong.
Unless...
Carson searched up Robert's profile instead.
Only... there were three Robert Maxwells, with no picture to confirm. The only difference was that they had different middle.
He clicked on the names one by one to find out. He found the right one when he clicked on Robert Jay Maxwell.
Carson looked through the history of his work and was kinda amused.
Robert was a good cop, no doubt about that, but some of his mistakes were far too silly.
There was this one time where he accidentally lost a criminal just because he stepped on a banana peel.
Another one was when he accidentally ran into a signboard while chasing a robber.
There was even this one time where he pounced onto a criminal to catch him, only...
He fell into a snow puddle instead.
But Carson also noticed how he always managed to get the work done by the end of the day. The most recent one was just among the only ones where he failed.
"Why does he remind me of someone else...?" Carson quipped.
He laughed when he realised that he was kinda like the clumsy cop from a movie he watched.
Carson also realised how Robert had almost always worked under Captain Drake. But thing is, why didn't Captain Drake ever mention him?
Carson texted this big of info to his daughter.

Nancy received the text and passed it to her friends.
"Something's not right here," Nancy concluded. "We need to investigate this."
"Slow down, Nance," Bess said with a giggle. "Remember what Mr. Drew said?"
"Focus on your studies first," the cousins chorused in unison.
"I know, I know," Nancy said, playfully rolling her eyes. "I know how to perfectly divide my time, unlike you guys."
They both gave her doubtful looks. Nancy smirked.
"Have you guys finished that Chemistry paper yet?" Nancy asked, smirking. "It's due tomorrow."
The two cousins started panicking.
"Just what I thought..." Nancy said, shaking her head with a grin. "Come on, finish it now, or you're toast."
"More like garlic bread in soup," George said, rolling her eyes. "Bess, let's go to the library."
They both started running off, leaving Nancy behind.
"Hey, wait up!" Nancy called, running after them. "I'm coming too!"
"But you're done with that paper, aren't you?" George said, puzzled. "Go relax in the caf instead."
"Who said I was done?" Nancy said much to their surprise. "I'll come with you too."
They both made as if they wanted to punch her before teasing her.