Another interrogation and free food

In a few days, Amanda was discharged from the infirmary and was further questioned by the police.
"We found no clues on your belongings," the chief said. "Is there anything else that you remember? Anything at all?"
Amanda frowned as she tried to remember. Her face started becoming sweaty as she remembered that traumatic experience.
"No, they were all masked," Amanda said and then her eyes widened as she remembered something. "But wait! I remember seeing one guy with green hair peeking out from under his mask!"
"Okay, that's a new clue," the chief said, writing it down. "What else?"
"They were all tall and burly," Amanda said, remembering. "But the victim actually looked a lot taller and he looked leaner."
"Okay, so they were tall and big," the chief listed. "What else?"
"I'm not really sure..." Amanda said. "If you can find my camera, it would be great. I actually filmed everything."
The chief nodded grimly. They dismissed her and Amanda reunited with Max, Nancy and Ned who were waiting for her outside.
"So how did it go?" Nancy asked.
"It went well," Amanda said while they walked in the cool autumn breeze towards Max's red sleek car. "I gave them a few extra details I remembered."
"Like what?" Nancy asked.
"I realised that one of them had green hair," Amanda said. "And the fact that they were all tall and burly."
"Can't be taller than me?" Max asked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.
"Around your height, I think," Amanda said. "But the guy that got murdered definitely looked taller."
They got into Max's car and drove back to campus. It had started raining and it was a good thing Max put the roof up. The ride was silent, save for the sound of raindrops hitting the body of the car and the faint music that Max played on the radio.
"I really wish my details are enough for them to catch those criminals," Amanda said suddenly. "I feel like the weight of his murder rests on my shoulders."
Max reached his arm out and put it around her shoulder.
"They will, Amanda," Max said comfortingly. "Your clues were good."
"Yeah Amanda," Nancy added. "Besides, you said one of them had green hair right? That's an uncommon hair-colour!"
"Yeah," Ned agreed. "I've personally never seen many people with their hair dyed green."
Amanda nodded with a faraway look in her eyes. She was still pretty shaken up by the incident. She really hoped that the police would be able to track the murderers down. Only, she didn't know if her statement provided enough proof. For all she knew, they could've just thought she had a screw loose and was making it all up.
They arrived at their campus to see all of their friends waiting for them. They greeted them and they all go off to the cafeteria together. Burt pushed two of the tables together so that all of them could sit together.
"Did the police find anything?" Deirdre asked anxiously. Amanda shook her head in reply. "What?"
"It's been more than a week, Didi," Amanda said, much to Nancy and her friends' amusement. "The rain last night itself is enough to wash all of the remaining evidence away. Besides, how many times has it rained while I was gone?"
Deirdre nodded silently, taking a sip of her soda.
"So what do we do now?" Deirdre asked instead.
"The case is at a dead end," Nancy said. "But... there must be something, right?"
"As long as my baby is safe," Amelia said, tilting Amanda's head to touch hers. "If faith wants those rogues to get arrested, they would. But faith would not let them escape their punishment."
"Justice must be served, mom," Amanda said. "That man didn't deserve to die like that. No one does."
"Those rogues probably do," Joe said with a shrug. "I mean, they deserve to be punished and feel the pain that the poor man had to go through..."
"I agree," Ned agreed. Nancy gave him a look. "What? It's not like we would actually hunt those rogues down and kill them one by one like some... predator or something, right? It was Joe! He's the one that suggested it!"
They started quarrelling about this and everyone became annoyed.
"Joe..." Frank said, annoyed with his brother. "How on earth did you end up being my brother?"
"Oh I dunno, maybe because your parents are also my parents?" Joe said with a grin. "Frank..."
"Fine fine, whatever," Frank said. "But what do we actually do now?"
"We eat," Chet said, coming in with a large tray of burgers, enough for everyone. "All of this are on the house, by the way."
"How?" Bess asked, her eyes shining at the sight of free food.
"Jessica's the canteen manager," Chet said with a grin. "I mean, her dad is. Jessica can sneak us free food whenever she wants."
"Oh wow you found the most suitable girlfriend for you, Chet," Joe said, grabbing a burger. "A guy that's always hungry and a girl that always has free food on stock. You two make the perfect couple."
"Where is she anyway?" Iola asked. "Haven't seen her since this morning."
"She's coming," Callie said, pointing to Jessica who approached them with a wide grin. "Hi Jess!"
She came to them and took a burger for herself.
"Actually my dad sponsored the burgers," said Jessica. "He heard about your case, Amanda, and he's trying all he can to help with your traumatic experience."
"By giving us free burgers?" Dave asked, his mouth full. "Wow, Chet! Didn't think you'll have the best girlfriend among us."
"It was worth the wait," Chet said proudly.
Bess glared at Dave.
"Oh come on, you can't deny it, right?" Dave said, seeing Bess. "You're getting free food too right? Besides, when was the last time you gave me free food? As far as I remember, I'm the one that gives you food for free."
Bess pouted at him with big puppy-dog eyes.
"Fine, I still love you," Dave said, defeated. "Anyway, what's for lunch?"
"This is lunch," Burt deadpanned.
"Oh I meant what's for dinner," Dave quickly changed his sentence. "It can't be burgers again, right?"
"No, it's something else, I think..." Jessica said. "I'll ask dad."
"Lucky idiot..." Frank said, shaking his head.
"You're getting your share of free food too," Chet pointed out. "Be grateful!"
Everyone laughed and continued with their meal. This conversation lightened the mood up a bit. Amanda was happy to have friends like them.