A discussion

Nancy, The Hardy Boys, and Amanda sat at a cafe, waiting for Robert to arrive. He soon did and painfully bonked his hand on the doorknob.
Swallowing a pained grunt, he looked around for them. Nancy waved her hand to get his attention. He saw her and came to them.
"I got something," Robert said. "The nurse that helped steal my phone noted Rawlings's license plate. She took a picture of his bike and sent it to me."
"It's that green-haired perp, right?" Amanda said.
"Perp...?" Robert questioned.
"Perpetrator," Nancy explained. "You learned this from Deirdre, didn't you?"
"Yep," Amanda chuckled.
"But yeah, that's the one," Robert said. "He's the one that threatened the nurse to steal my phone."
"You said you saw his licence plate, right?" Frank suddenly asked. "Did you get it traced?"
"I tried accessing the Police Department's database, but they blocked me out since I'm suspended," Robert said grimly. "I tried asking my friends but, I didn't get a reply yet..."
"Give me the number just in case," Nancy said. "My dad's a lawyer and he has lots of contacts. He may be able to help."
Robert gladly sent the picture to her. Nancy immediately sent it to her father.
Carson Drew, tall, handsome man in his forties, was a lawyer back in River Heights. He was one of the best attorneys in the town and Nancy couldn't be more proud of him.
She sent him the photo of Rawlings in his bike and instantly got a reply. Nancy smiled.
"He said he'll look into it," Nancy said, putting her phone down. "He'll probably answer in a few hours, don't worry."
"You should still try asking your friends, Robert," Joe added. "Someone in the Police Department could easily track down the license plate."
"Yeah," Robert agreed. "Thing is, everyone seems to be ghosting me. I don't know why..."
"You mean they read your messages and just leave you like that?" Frank asked to which Robert nodded dolefully. "But why?"
Robert shrugged.
"I don't know why," Robert said. "Maybe it had something to do with Captain Drake. I could just about imagine him telling everyone to not help me with the case just because I failed to bring in the evidence."
Joe started thinking something.
"Where is this underground base?" Joe asked.
"It's underground, duh," Frank said.
"Way to go, Mr Obvious," Joe rolled his eyes. "If it has the word 'underground' on the front, would it be in outer space?"
"Joe..."
"I meant, find the entrance to it!" Joe said excitedly. "Like, we should break into their base!"
This earned him lots of gasps and shouts.
"Not gonna happen, Mr Bad Idea," Frank said, shaking his head. "You wanna break in and do what? Get caught, stabbed and die? Joe, look at us. Robert is built like a tank, compared to us and even he had a hard time with them."
"Sad, but true," Robert said. "They ambushed me. If I didn't run into that tree..."
"Good point," Joe sighed. "So no break-ins?"
"Not now, at least," Nancy said. "We need backup."
"Are you sure those rogues haven't packed up and left after they found an intruder in their base?" Amanda suddenly chimed in. "Like... an intruder that escaped after knowing too much of their organisation, about their base, and got away. Wouldn't they hunt for the intruder and cut him to pieces or quickly evacuate the base?"
"I don't know," Robert said. "It seems likely that they would evacuate, but there's so much for them to shift. They have literally everything in there. Weaponry, lab, everything!"
"Kitchen?"
"Joe..."
"Fine, of course they do," Joe said with a sigh. "Wait... if that's the case, they would most likely go for the other option and that's to..."
"They plan to kill me," Robert realised. "That would be easier than moving everything out and making another base!"
"You better go into hiding," Nancy said seriously. "Robert, be careful. I'll tell my father about this. He may be able to have you live in a safer place."
"And our dad may be able to help you too," Frank added with a grin. "He's a private detective and a master of disguises. Sometimes, even Joe and I couldn't tell it's him even if he's right in front of us!"
"Remember how he dressed up as a that homeless man?" Joe reminded with grin. "We even decided to whack him! Chet even waved his fist in front of dad's nose!"
"Maybe I do need a disguise," Robert agreed. "I'll try to stay out of trouble, don't worry about me."
"Do you have anything on you?" Nancy asked. "I mean, weapons."
"I still have my gun," Robert said. "And I think I have a... kitchen knife?"
"You still have your combat knowledge," Amanda said.
"How did you know that?" Robert asked, surprised.
"I know that all special force officers would have to learn martial arts to defend yourselves," Amanda pointed out. "And by the looks of how the rogues held you down that day, you gave them a hard time."
"Yeah, I actually managed to take down two of them," Robert said. "There were eight in total, I took down two."
They finished their coffee and left the cafe. Ned and his friends were waiting at the nearby park for them. Bess had dragged George off too the ice cream parlour nearby. No matter how much George refused, Bess didn't listen. Well, George couldn't resist a cup of tasty soda float too...
"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Ned said, putting his phone away in his pocket. "For a second, I thought you guys had run off to a special mission with Robert!"
"Nah, why would we?" Nancy said. "We're in this together, guys."
"Yeah, says the one that always abandoned me to go tend to some mystery in another corner of the world," Ned said, annoyed. "I still can't forget how you just flew off to Scotland without telling anyone."
"Let's go get some ice cream, guys," Joe suggested. "I could use something cold. I accidentally burnt my tongue with the coffee just now."
"I thought you had an iced coffee?" Frank said, confused.
"No...?" Joe said, as if it was obvious. "How come you didn't notice how I actually stuck my tongue out for a few seconds to cool it down."
"You're pathetic," Frank said, rolling his eyes.
"I know, Mr Obvious," Joe said, smirking.
They joined Bess and George in the ice cream parlour. They related everything to them over ice cream and floats.
"Oh my gosh," Bess said when she heard how they might be hunting for Robert's head.
"Yeah I know right?" Nancy said before continuing.
The Hardy Boys called their father as soon as they went back to campus.