Rescue team

"Dude it's been two days since the last time we spoke to dad!" Joe pointed out, slamming a stack of textbooks down on the stone table, earning a frown from Frank. "Do you think he's fine?"
"Joe, it's dad," Frank deadpanned, flipping the page of his notebook. "He's solved more cases than we've ever been involved in."
"Frank..." Joe slumped down next to his brother. He picked a stone from the ground and blindly tossed it ahead of him. "This mission is more dangerous than any mysteries you and I have ever solved. Maybe even for dad's standards..."
"Joe..." Frank shook his head, closing his book. He had completely lost interest in writing notes at this point. "I'm sure dad has everything under control."
Joe shrugged and opened this book to do some studying too. Just as he touched the paper with that tip of his pen, someone called to them. The brothers turned around to see who it was, only to see Nancy and her two best friends running towards them. They joined them, huffing and puffing from running.
"What is it, ladies?" Joe asked, seeing how they hurried to them. "What's the rush?"
Nancy tucked a strand of titian hair behind her ear and fumbled for her phone. She opened the texts her father sent her and showed it to Frank. The brothers read it together, eyes widening with each line they read. Carson even sent them a screenshot of his conversation with Fenton.
"He's not responding," Nancy breathed out. "Dad thinks he's in danger!"
"I don't blame him," Joe said, closing his book and packing up. "That eradicated sounds dangerous."
"I don't even want to imagine dad in that thing," Frank said, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Come on. Let's do this!"
"Shouldn't we call in reinforcements?" Joe asked, seeing how the five of them wouldn't stand a chance against a cartel. "Whadya say we call in Tony, Biff and Phil?"
Frank agreed and quickly started texting them. Chet came towards them, holding a burger. He stopped short when he saw how they seemed to be preparing for something.
"Is everything alright?" Chet asked after swallowing a mouthful of burger.
"Dad's trapped with Robert," Joe quickly said. "Where are the boys?"
"Where are our boys?" Bess asked, looking around.
"They're still stuck in class..." Nancy said, texting Ned. "Don't worry, they're making an excuse to get outta there."

Ned, Burt and Dave suddenly went to their lecturer with their backpacks, serious looks on their faces.
"Sir, something came up..." Ned said, giving the lecturer a solemn look. "I just received a text that my grandfather is sick at the hospital. I... really need to be with him. It may be his last moments on earth."
The lecturer, Mr. McGlynn, gave him a sympathetic look.
"You may go," Mr. McGlynn said, giving Ned a reassuring smile. "I'm sure your grandpa would be able to pull through it."
"Thank you sir," Ned said, motioning his friends to leave with him. "I hope so too."
Mr. McGlynn stopped them suddenly. The three boys groaned and faced him again, mustering the saddest faces they can.
"Ned's grandfather is in the hospital, what about you two?" McGlynn asked, pointing to the two other boys. "Explanation?"
"Umm... he's my grandfather too," Burt quickly said. "We're cousins!"
"And what about Dave?"
"Same story, sir," Dave grinned. "The three of us are cousins. Maternal cousins. That's why we have different surnames."
The two others nodded added. Mr. McGlynn bought it and let them off. They sighed in relief as they exited the room. Amanda bit her lip as she watched them leave through the window. They told her about it, though only shortly. She texted Max about it too.

"Phew that was close!" Ned sighed as he closed the door of his locker. "You wanna grab a few things from the dorm before leaving?"
"Yes," his two friends said at once.
"Is your grandpa really sick?" Burt asked doubtfully.
"Nah," Ned said with a smirk. "How can he be when he's six feet under?"
"Oi!" His two friends started laughing.
They each grabbed a bag, stuffed it with things they might need for a day or two, mainly their phone chargers and some clothes. Dave even went as far as to bring his Swiss knife while Ned brought a canteen of water just in case.
"You're right, we're gonna need that," Burt nodded, grabbing a flask too. "I'm filling this up with coffee. We need caffeine too."
"Do whatever you want..." Dave said, slipping his backpack on. "Come on. Let's get going."
They met with the others in the foyer. They had their bags ready too. They set off to the forest to try and find the underground base.
"Dad said that it's hidden in a boulder," Nancy explained. "Your father told him, Frank."
"Yeah, he told us too," Frank said. "How do we find it?"
"Just look for a giant rock," Chet shrugged. "We might find one."
They looked around and found giant boulders stacked on top of each other.
"You think this is it?" Ned asked, looking at Nancy. He felt the surface for any levers or cracks, but didn't find anything. "How do we get in?"
Joe went forward, a thoughtful look on his face. "Dad said something about a jutting rock..."
They examined the ground and stepped on certain places. Phil suddenly gave a shout as he stepped on a piece of rock that easily gave way. He tried pushing the boulder, and it moved with ease.
"And there's our underground base," Frank smirked, looking down the stairway that led underground. "Alright, fellas, let's go in."
"I think some of us should stay out, in case we need any help," Burt said, giving the girls a meaningful glance. "In case we get stuck."
"Not a chance," Nancy firmly said. "Boys, we're coming along, and that's that."
Ned frowned and put his hands on her shoulders. "No, Nance. You better stay here."
"Nuh-uh, not without Nancy!" Frank chimed in. "Ned!"
"That's right," Nancy joined in. "Ned!"
"Fine, fine, just come," Ned sighed. He then looked at the other two girls. "What about you two?"
"I'll stay," Bess quickly said. "I don't fancy running into dangerous men with cleavers..."
George volunteered to stay with her too.
"We'll call for backup if needed," George said with a salute. "Good luck, you guys."
They waved and went down the stairway. Bess gulped as the boulder went back to its usual spot.
"I hope they make it out alive..." Bess croaked.
"Oh Bess..." George laughed. "Is this their first time?"
"No..." Bess sighed and sat on a tree stump. "I'm hungry..."
George started shaking her.