Chet special

Burt was still looking at the girl with a shocked expression. The others were eager to know what the was referring to.
The nurse in charge shushed them and motioned them to stay silent.
They didn't notice the door opening and someone coming in.
"What are you guys doing here?" A voice asked behind them. "And why so... shocked?"
They turned around and saw Max Irvin, his leg bearing a fresh bandage. He had come to get his sprained ankle dressed. It was almost healed, but the doctor advised him to keep it wrapped for at least ten days.
So there he was, walking around in an extra big sandal that would fit his bandage.
"Max!" Burt shouted suddenly.
"What's gotten into you, Burt?" Max asked, walking towards him. "Why do you look so stunned?"
Then he saw the girl on the bed. His face went from confused to surprise to panic, to anxious in just a few seconds.
"AMANDA!" Max shouted, running to her, ignoring his bad leg. "Amanda! What happened to you?!"
"Amanda?!" Almost all of them exclaimed at the same time.
"It's true, guys," Burt said. "It is Amanda."
"So it's case closed?" Dave asked.
"No," said Frank. "We still need to find out who abducted her."
"And why," Joe added. "We have no idea who did it."

Amelia and Deirdre burst into the infirmary, worried looks on their faces. They went straight to Amanda. Max was sitting next to her bed, her arm in his.
"Amy!" Amelia exclaimed, running towards her in panic. "Oh Amy! My baby! What happened to you?"
"I'm sorry, Amy," Deirdre said, crying. "I shouldn't have been so nasty to you."
"What did the nurse say?" Amelia said, turning towards Max. "Did she say anything?"
"She said Amanda would be unconscious for a few hours more," said Max. "She's under medication."
Amelia nodded and sat next to her daughter, a concerned look on her face. Deirdre was equally concerned and also, sorry for Amanda.
She felt terrible when Amanda disappeared right after those nasty things she said. She teared up as she got up to leave the room.
Deirdre made her way towards the nurse.
"Amanda is okay, right?" Deirdre asked. "She's gonna be okay, right?"
"Don't worry, Miss Shannon," the nurse assured. "She's just a little injured. Nothing serious."
Deirdre was relieved when she heard that.
She then went to the cafeteria and bought herself, Amelia and Max something to eat. She noticed that they haven't eaten anything as soon as they saw Amanda's state. 
The detectives were talking with the police. The head nurse refused to allow them to see Amanda, afraid that she might be disturbed.
"Come when she's wake," she said as she shooed them off. "She needs t rest."
The police officers reluctantly agreed and left.
Mrs Lewis came to check on Amanda too. She was saddened when she saw how she was.
"Is she okay?" Miss Lewis asked the nurse in charge.
"She's fine, don't worry," said the nurse. "It would take a while for her to wake up, but she will, don't worry."
"The police wants to see her," said the principal. "They want to interrogate her. Is it okay if they come when she gains consciousness?"
The nurse shook her head.
"It's best that we give her some time," the nurse said. "Who knows what kinda trauma she went through in this week?"
"That's true too," the principal said. "She needs to rest."
Everyone left the infirmary besides Amelia and Max. Deirdre showed up soon after with some food. She sat down beside Amelia to convince her to eat.
"Here, eat this, auntie," Amelia said, handing her a burrito. "You haven't eaten anything today."
Amelia shook her head, pushing Deirdre's hand away.
"I don't feel like eating," said Amelia. "I won't eat anything until my baby wakes up."
Deirdre sighed and turned to Max.
"Max?" Deirdre said, trying to get Max's attention. "Burrito?"
"Pass," Max said, sighing.
Deirdre sighed too. She was the only one that could convince them to eat something.
"At least eat for Amy," Deirdre said, giving Amelia a burrito. "Please eat, Auntie Mia. You too, Max. You need energy to speak to Amanda later."
They reluctantly accepted the burritos and started eating. Amelia couldn't finish the burrito and gave the rest to Deirdre.
"But Auntie, you ate so little," Deirdre said, pushing her hand back towards her. "See, you ate less than half of it!"
"Just eat..." Amelia said, shoving it back to Deirdre. "I'm not hungry."
"At least one more bite," Deirdre said, giving it back to Amelia.
She took the burrito and fed Amelia, stuffing a big portion of it into her mouth.
"Bite," Deirdre said.
Amelia reluctantly did and ate.
"You said one bite," Amelia said, annoyed. "But you literally stuffed it into my mouth!"
"It's still one bite," Deirdre couldn't help but smirk. "You need to eat, auntie."
She ate the rest of the burrito and waited for Amanda to come to.
Nancy was worried too. All of her friends were.
"We should interrogate her as soon as she wakes up," said Joe. "We need to know why she went missing."
"Joe..." Frank said, annoyed. "That wouldn't do. She needs time. Who knows what happened to her as long as she was gone? She might even be too scared to even speak!"
"Frank's right," Nancy agreed. "She looks like she's been through lots in just a week."
"She needs food," Chet said, appearing with a hamburger. "She looks food-deprived. Oh and anyone wants this extra burger?"
"Me!" Bess exclaimed, running to get it. "Thanks Chet!"
"You two are so alike," Iola said, shaking her head in amusement. "It's like... you are gender-bent versions of each other."
"But we don't look alike now, do we," Chet asked. "Well, you kinda look like me."
"She actually does," Joe said, studying Iola's face. "Especially the hair. Face... not so much."
"Oh come on, the only thing we both have in common is our hair colour!" Iola chimed in. "I didn't inherit anything else."
"Should we really bring food for Amanda?" Callie suddenly asked. "Chet's right, she does look food-deprived."
"I think we should," Jessica said. "What should we bring her?"
"Are we allowed to use the kitchen?" Nancy asked.
"No but those who are in the Cooking Club are," Chet said, pointing to himself with a smug look. "Come on, lets make her a Chet special!"
"You're so lame," Frank said, following his friend to one of the kitchens. "Anyway yeah, she needs something good."
They went to the kitchen and Chet dramatically put on a chef hat and apron. He struck a pose, a ladle in one hand and a pan in the other.
"You're pathetic..." Iola said, annoyed. "Just get cooking!"
"Oh yeah?" Chet said, taking his hat off. "Why don't you do it instead?"
"No..." Iola said, shoving it back at Chet. "Do it yourself!"
So they all watched Chet proudly cook creamy chicken soup with large chunks of chicken and croutons. He also made some mushroom chicken on a skillet. His and his friends' mouth started watering.
He packed everything in a large thermos.
"Nothing for us?" Joe asked hopefully.
"Nope," said Chet, packing a serving of each dish for Amanda. "Some for Amanda and the rest, for me."
"Chet!" His friends exclaimed, annoyed.