Talking to Deirdre

"We'll sit together as students," said Biff. "We don't really need much of a disguise, since Deirdre doesn't really know us."
"I think we can sit as normal students too," said Frank. "Since Deirdre doesn't really know us that much too."
"Okay great!" said Joe. "Let's do this during dinner time!"
"Good idea," said Nancy. "That's when everyone will be having dinner at the cafeteria, teachers, students, janitors, everyone!"
"Yeah!" said everyone in unison.
"We should think about our disguises now," said George. "Bess, wear a hairnet and a face mask."
"Urgh...." groaned Bess. "Fineeeee. You owe me big time."
"Fine we'll treat you to lunch tomorrow," said George. "That would boost the rate of your weight gain."
"Hey!" said Bess. "That's really mean of you."
"It's time for class guys!" said Nancy. "Stay here if you wanna be tardy!"
"Alright alright we're coming!" said Joe and Frank together.
"It's still break for us!" said Ned, mockingly. "We only have class in half an hour!"
"Yeah and no one asked you," said Frank, running off with the others his age. "Go and do whatever you want, we don't care!"
So they ran off back to class and soon, it was dinner time. They put on their disguises and were laughing at themselves.
"Oh my gosh, Bess!" exclaimed George while laughing at Bess. "You look just like a lunch lady!"
"Yeah very funny," said Bess. "It's a good thing the lunch ladies in our cafeteria doesn't have a uniform..."
"Yeah I know right," said Nancy. "So how do I look? Do I look like Mrs Higgins?"
Mrs Higgins was their history teacher from when they were in high school. The girls disliked her immensely because she wasn't a very good teacher, very absent minded. She would blame the students for her mistake and would go on ranting for half the class time about her problems instead of actually teaching. And then when the students didn't do very well during midterm, she would tell them how unworthy they are.
"Nah," said Bess and George in unison. "You look way better than her."
"Oh my gosh," said George. "I can't believe we said that at the same time!"
"I know right," said Bess. "Anyway, come on, it's almost dinner time."
They went to the cafeteria for dinner in their disguises. They acted like they didn't know each other, except for the ones that were dressed like students. Ned sat alone while the others sat somewhere else. The ones that were dressed like staff didn't look very weird sitting with the students because some of staff sometimes sat together with the students during break, especially the teachers. Bess was hanging around near the counter, not actually bothering anyone, but she looked the part.
"This is awkward..." thought Bess. "Conclusion, never EVER listen to George's ideas. NEVER!"
She ended up having dinner with the others as a staff.
"Question," said Dave. "How are you gonna eat with that mask on?"
"I'll take it off, duh," said Bess, taking it off. "Anyway, Deidre can't see me from here..."
Just then, Deidre came in with her friends. She saw Ned sitting alone, without Nancy, and squealed with joy before running to sit with him. She asked her friends to go and sit somewhere else.
"Oh Nedgar," said Deirdre. "So nice to see you without that weirdo, Nancy!"
"Hi Deidre," said Ned, trying not to sound gloomy. "So how have you been doing?"
"Quite good," said Deirdre, clearly not looking so good. "I-I'm fine, fine as always!"
"Is something bothering you?" asked Ned. "You look off..."
"Well you're always off, anyway," thought Ned. "Why are you like this anyway?"
"Well there is," said Deirdre. "But it's a secret."
"Oh come on," said Ned. "You can tell me, right?"
"Fine I'll tell you, Nedward," said Deirdre. "But don't tell anyone, okay?"
"Why on earth does she always add something weird to the back of my name?" thought Ned, annoyed. "Oh well, the sooner I get this done, the better."
"Of course I won't," said Ned, untruthfully. "Your secret's safe with me."
"Okay so here's the thing," said Deirdre. "You know Mrs Jones? Amelia Jones? The chemistry teacher?"
"Yes I do," said Ned. "What about her?"
"Well, she's actually my distant relative," said Deirdre. "She has a daughter in this college too."
"Really?" asked Ned. "Who is she?"
"It's Amanda," said Deirdre. "Amanda Jones? She's your age, do you know her?"
"Amanda Jones..." said Ned, thinking. "Is she the one that takes Social Science and Computer Science?"
"Yes that's the one!" said Deirdre. "She's my distant cousin."
"She's your cousin?" asked Ned. "But she's so different from you, I don't even see any resemblance."
"Like I said," said Deirdre. "She's my distant cousin..."
"Okay okay," said Ned. "So what about Amanda?"
"Well you're in her class right?" asked Deirdre. "You should know."
Ned started to think what happened in class during Social Science. He tried to remember where Amanda was sitting and what she was doing."
"I don't remember seeing her," said Ned. "Do you know where she is?"
Just then, there was an announcement over the speaker.
"All students and staff are required to come to the hall immediately. We will be having a short assembly. I repeat, all students and staff are required to come to the hall immediately. We will be having a short assembly."
"What was that about?" asked Ned. "Sounds important."
It was a good thing that they had all finished eating their dinner.
"Uh oh," said Bess. "How are we gonna go in these ridiculous disguises?"
"Here, I brought a sweater," said George, giving her the sweater. "Take off that ugly hairnet and apron and let your hair down."
"It's a good thing we are dressed as students," said Burt. "Come on, you guys. The announcement sounded important."
Nancy let down her hair and tied it into a ponytail. It was a good thing she was wearing a casual shirt and pants under the coat and skirt she was wearing. She took off the coat and removed the skirt from under the table and stood up. She tied the coat around her waist. Her friends looked at her open mouthed.
"Did you change like how they do in spy movies?" asked Bess. "Like, you were wearing your disguise only a second ago."
"I actually just took off my coat and skirt," said Nancy. "I had regular clothes underneath, so it wasn't a problem."
"I should've done that," said Bess. "Yep I should've..."
So they all went to the hall to find the principle waiting there, with a worried looking Amelia. Ned had sneaked away from Deirdre and was with Nancy. Deirdre stood with her friends instead.
"How did you guys change so fast?" asked Ned. "Like the last time I saw you guys, you were in disguise."
"Never mind that now," said Nancy. "Let's see what's going on..."