Monkeys in the forest

The second day of school went on as usual. The third came, then the fourth, and soon, it was Friday.
"Hey what if Nancy is getting hit on by some other random guy?" asked Ned, worried. "And what if she falls for him? Even worse, what if he's planning to kidnap her?!"
"Seriously Ned?" asked Dave, annoyed. "You seriously think that's gonna happen?"
"You seriously think she's gonna get kidnapped?" asked Burt. "Well that's obviously NOT gonna happen, especially with my George with her most of the time..."
"Yeah you remember the countless amount of times they BOTH got kidnapped together?" asked Ned. "Nancy had to break her out of there, remember?"
"Ned, this is college," said Dave. "Not some mystery..."
"I'm still not convinced," said Ned. "I have an idea!"
"Ohh what is it you're planning now?" said Burt, annoyed. "Are you gonna go spy on her or something?"
"Maybe," said Ned. "Yeah I think we should. We are on break now right? Nancy isn't on break, so we can have a sneak peek of her in class."
"Fine," said Dave. "The spying part really got me. When do you wanna go?"
"I don't know," said Ned. "Now?"
"Sure then," said Burt. "You got binoculars?"
"Right here," said Ned, holding it up. "I already planned it before hand."
"What if they catch us?" asked Dave. "You know how observant they are right?"
"Good point," said Ned. "How about a disguise? We can wear a cap and sunglasses."
"You're so lame," said Burt, annoyed. "Whatever let's just go..."
So they wore a cap and tucked their hair in. They sneaked to where the girls' and the Hardys class was. They hid under the window and started to look through the window using binoculars. They saw Nancy, sitting with Bess and George, paying attention to what the teacher was sitting. They were so engrossed with watching the girls that they didn't notice that someone had left the class. That someone was Frank. He noticed that three suspicious looking guys were peeking into his classroom. He immediately walked towards them.
"What do you think you're doing?" asked Frank, and the three immediately turned around. "Hey! Who are you three?"
Frank was about to punch Ned when he noticed that it was Ned, Burt and Dave.
"Ned, Burt and Dave?" said Frank, surprised. "What are you three doing here?"
"Okay fine you caught us..." said Ned, surrendering. "We just wanted to make sure that Nancy was okay."
"Oh come on, Ned..." said Frank. "You know that no one can do anything to Nancy as long as all the seven of us are with her. Me, Joe, Chet, Callie, Iola, Bess and George."
"Yeah you're right," said Ned. "But I still think we should spy on her..."
"Oh Ned..." said Dave. "Now what?"
"But why?" asked Frank, confused. "Why do you want to spy on her?"
"There's no point, Frank," said Burt. "We can't knock sense into his fathead."
"For fun," said Ned. "You do know that spying is fun right?"
"Yeah fine," said Frank. "I won't tell on you."
"Yess," said Ned. "Thanks Frank, you're the best!"
"Okay you guys better go back to class," said Frank. "Are you guys on break or something?"
"Yes we are," said Dave. "That's why he wanted to spy on the girls now..."
"I better be off to the bathroom," said Frank. "Or else our Art History teacher is gonna kill me if I'm late!"
He ran off in the direction of the bathroom.
"Can't he go during break?" asked Burt. "Like he can go during break if he's afraid of the teacher right?"
"Didn't you see their schedule?" asked Ned. "They don't go for break for another two hours."
"Oh yeah," said Dave. "I think we better go have our break somewhere else."
"So where do you wanna go?" asked Ned. "Wanna go for a walk?"
"Sure come on then," said Burt. "I'm bored of just starring at walls and stuff."
So they went for a walk outside the school premises. They passed the ravine, it wasn't huge, but it wasn't that deep. There was a forest there and they were passing it. The forest was quite big and it was rumoured to have wild animals lurking in there.
"Do you guys believe the rumours that there's a whole family of jaguars living in this forest?" asked Ned. "I don't really belief it."
"How sure are you?" asked Dave. "What if, a jaguar just jumps in front of us now?"
"Nah nothing of the sort is gonna happen," said Ned. "This forest isn't even that big. If the rumours were true, there'd be jaguar problems as common as rat problems in our hostel..."
"Good point," said Burt. "So I guess they're just exaggerating rumours, then..."
"But there's one thing that's certainly here," said Ned. "And that's monkeys..."
They were passing the forest when suddenly they heard something that sounded like a yell. It only came once though.
"What was that?" asked Ned. "It sounded like a scream!"
"Do you think someone is crying for help?" asked Burt. "Do you think they're getting robbed or even worse, murdered?"
"I think we should go and help," said Ned. "They might be in danger!"
"I don't think so," said Dave. "Like Ned says, there are monkeys here. See that sign? It says 'BEWARE OF MONKEYS!'"
"Yeah I guess you're right," said Burt. "It might have been a monkey."
"I'm still not convinced," said Ned. "It sounded so human..."
"Well, monkeys are kinda human too," said Dave. "They're primates too, ya know..."
"Okay then," said Ned, not very convinced. "I think we should take a look, just in case..."
"There's no time, Ned," said Burt. "We have just enough time to go back to class..."
Burt and Dave both started running in the opposite direction, leaving Ned behind. Ned was still considering to go and check out the sound, but decided against it. He ran after the others, back to the college.
"Hey you guys!" shouted Ned, running. "Wait up! Don't leave me behind!"
They ran without stopping but Ned eventually caught up.
"Why are you so slow all of a sudden?" asked Dave, mockingly. "Looks like you're not so speedy anymore, huh?"
Ned said nothing. He smirked and put on a burst of speed. He overtook them and left them way behind. They watched him disappear in the distance.
"Show off!" exclaimed Burt. "Just because he's the fastest among us..."
"Well think about it," said Dave. "We can't run that fast, because we ain't got legs that long..."
"Lucky him," said Burt as he and Dave entered the college entrance. They ran to the locker room and stood there panting, trying to catch their breath.
"Tired?" said Ned, closing his locker after getting his stuff. "That's what you get for thinking about leaving me behind..."