Sunday

"Deirdre said all of this?" Amelia asked in shock. "C-Could she be the one that kidnapped Amanda?"
"We aren't sure," said Nancy. "I've known her since grade school, and she isn't the type to do stuff like this. She'd embarrass her poor victims in front of everyone. But it's best that we don't jump into any conclusions."
"I don't really know much about Deirdre, but all I know is she doesn't really like Amanda like she used to," said Amelia. "They were really close when she was young."
"We need to investigate," said Nancy. "And I know the perfect person for the job."
She was looking at Ned. He groaned.
"Nancy, please," Ned pleaded. "Please don't do this to me!"
"But you have to," said Nancy. "You're the only one that can get info out of her."
"Something tells me I'm next," said Burt.
"Yes you are," said Frank. "You have to go investigate Max."
"What?!" Burt asked in shock. "Please, don't do this to me. If he starts beating me up, I'm finished! He's a lot bigger than me..."
"Serve you right, Burt," said Dave, laughing at his friend. "That's what you get for making fun of me this whole time!"
"Actually, Burt's right," said Joe. "Max has a serious grudge on him. Why don't Dave go instead?"
Dave stared at him in horror.
"Oh come on, Dave," Burt said, teasingly. "You're the sweet guy of our class! Of course Max won't mind talking to you!"
"Fine, I'll go talk to him," said Dave. "Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it..."
"And you, Ned," said Nancy. "You better go tomorrow. It's nearly dinnertime now."
"It's about time too," said Chet, rubbing his belly. "I'm starving!"
"Same here," said Bess. "I was about to go to the campus vending machine and get myself a snack if dinnertime wasn't anytime soon."
They all went to the cafeteria and had their dinner. Bess was relieved to finally be able to eat. Chet was getting himself two serving of burgers instead of one.
"Hey, aren't you on a diet?" Joe asked. "As it is you didn't go to the gym today..."
"Eh I'll go tomorrow," said Chet. "I already set my alarm for it."
"Pretty sure it ain't gonna wake you up," said Frank. "It will probably wake us up instead!"
"We'll see about that," Chet said smugly.
"And remember your promise," said Joe. "You said you'll treat all of us to dinner tomorrow."
"Ugh fine," said Chet, regretting to have agreed to it. "But please, go easy on the menu."
All of them went back to their dormitories after dinner time. They stayed awake a little longer before going to bed.
"Time to collect my daily bonuses," George said, opening her favourite mobile game on her tablet. "I didn't play the whole day!"
"Well same here," said Bess, playing the same game on hers. "It's been a while since I played this game properly..."
Nancy smiled at them before going back to reading her book. They stayed awake a little longer before finally going to bed.
They gladly went to bed that night after a long day. They felt kinda excited for their mystery the next day.
Dave was thinking out a way to talk to Max while Ned shuddered at the thought of meeting Deirdre. Burt was glad that he didn't get asked to do any missions and was satisfied that his two friends got what they deserved for ditching him during Social Science class and getting him into trouble with Max.
The next day, Chet and Bess went to the gym without the knowledge of their roommates to work out. They had a good session and went off to shower.
"You think the others are awake yet?" Bess asked. "Like, it's still early."
"They might have," said Chet. "Anyway, it's almost time to go to church."
Bess went back to her room to find her friends still asleep.
"Now this is revenge!" Bess said and giggled softly. "It's payback time!"
She grabbed her water bottle and sprinkled some water on George to wake her up.
George woke up in shock and wiped the water off her face.
"Wake up, sleepyhead!" Bess said cheerfully. "I already went to gym and came back and you're still asleep?"
"Very funny, Bess," George said, annoyed. "So you actually went to gym? That's new..."
"You didn't notice?" Nancy asked, sitting up on her bed. "The noise Bess made when getting ready already woke me up."
"Hey I tried to get dressed as silently as I could, okay?" Bess said. "I even set my alarm to ring silently!"
"Yeah, I'm just a light sleeper," said Nancy. "I don't blame you, even the slightest of noises wakes me up."
"Yeah sorry about that, Nancy," said Bess. "And you, George, I'm not sorry for you."
"Why you little!" George shouted and leapt out of bed to catch her friend.
Bess ran out of the door and George almost stepped out.
"Oi George!" Bess shouted at her from outside. "You really wanna come out in that ugly nightdress?"
George realised that she was wearing the worst looking nightdress that she had. She sighed and went back in.
"You two better get ready to go to church, said Bess. "It's almost time."
Meanwhile in the boys' room...
"Lets see..." Chet said, turning his boombox on with the loudest setting, playing the loudest sound he had. "Let's see how you feel about this song..."
He turned it on and held it between Frank and Joe's beds. They immediately woke up and covered their ears.
Chet was laughing uncontrollably at the brothers. He turned the boombox off and put it on his table before laughing like a total maniac.
"Idiot," Frank said, getting out bed and chasing after him.
Chet went outside and shut the door.
"You don't wanna come out here in your underwear, do you?" Chet said jeeringly outside. "You'd be all over our campus site!"
Joe threw his dressing gown at his brother.
"Way ahead of you, Morton," Frank said, wearing his dressing gown before running after Chet.
He ran after him and Chet, unusually fast for his size, managed to escape. The brothers decided to go get ready for church instead.
They all met outside and drove out to the church in town after having their breakfast in the cafeteria and had their prayers.
"Oh and you're buying all of us lunch," said Tony. "See ya at lunchtime!"
They decided to do a bit of shopping for their supplies and for their new dorm rooms. Bess bought some decorative stuff while George got some posters. Nancy decided to get some chocolate bars for herself and her friends.
There was an ice cream parlour next to the shop she was at. She saw Deirdre and her goons enter.
"This is our chance!" Nancy thought. "Now I need to find Ned."
She spotted Ned sitting on a bench with a bottle of cola.
"Hey Ned!" Nancy said, surprising him. "I saw Deirdre enter that ice cream parlour! Time to carry our plan!"
"What?" Ned said and groaned. "Fine... but you owe me a date, okay?"
"Yeah fine," said Nancy. "Now go!"