Finally awake

So they packed a meal for the three people with Amanda too. Well, they were food deprived too.
They went to the sick bay, a big bunch. The nurses looked at them in surprise. Amanda was still unconscious. The others stood up when they came in.
"We brought you guys a meal," Chet said, holding up a large food container. "I made it myself."
"What about you guys?" Amelia asked. "You didn't bring some for yourselves?"
"We did," Frank said. "It's in our dorm. We'll eat later."
"When will she wake up?" Nancy asked. "She looks a lot better now."
"Yeah," Deirdre said. "The doctor said she was really cold when she first came. She still looks pale, but better."
"What did the police say?" Joe asked.
"They said they'll come and get a statement once she's better," Max said. "I hope she gets better..."
"She would," Ned said assuringly. "She just needs the rest."
Amanda started moving.
"She's coming around now!" Amelia said excitedly. "Amy! Are you okay?"
Amanda opened her eyes and squinted around. She looked like she couldn't see a thing. This wasn't surprising since Amanda had really poor eyesight and wore glasses.
"Mom?" Amanda said, squinting at Amelia's figure. "Is that you."
"Yes, my baby!" Amelia squealed, hugging her. "I'm so glad to have you back!"
"Amanda!" Max said, getting up to look at her. "It's me!"
"Max?" Amanda said, squinting at him. "Where's my glasses, I can't see a thing!"
"Wait!" George said. "Burt, come on! Her glasses are with the Mrs Lewis. Come on!"
They ran up to the principal's office and got her glasses from her.
"Oh no it's broken," George said, dismayed. "Wait, can it be fixed? The lens only popped out, not cracked."
Burt took it out and quickly fixed it. It was quite scratched up but still good enough.
They went back to the infirmary. The head came down with them too.
"How is she?" Mrs Lewis asked. "Amanda how are you feeling?"
Amanda put her glasses on and grunted in disgust at how dirty it was. She took it off again and cleaned the lenses before putting them back on.
"Amy!" Deirdre said, looking at Amanda with a concerned look. "What happened?"
Amanda tried remembering with a frown. She swallowed a lump as she remembered what she saw.
"Where's the police?" Amanda asked. "They need to know!"
"Know what?" Amelia asked. "What happened?"
"Someone got murdered!" Amanda blurted out. "I don't know who, but he got murdered in the forest!"
"That's why they kidnapped you!" Nancy said, piecing everything together. "You were a witness!"
"Yes!" Amanda said. "Wait... who are you?"
"Do you know us?" Ned asked, pulling Burt and Dave forward.
"Ned, Burt and Dave?" Amanda said, recognising them.
"Yeah," Ned said. "These are our girlfriends."
"The police are on their way," Mrs Lewis said, coming in with her phone in hand. "Just wait, Amanda. What did you see?"
Amanda remembered the gruesome and petrifying sight in front of her. She started shivering as she remembered.
"It was bad," Amanda said, remembering the sight. "Really bad."
It was a good thing that Amanda was strong enough. If it had been someone else, they might have been too scared to say what they saw or maybe even go insane out of the shock. It was a good thing Amanda didn't. All those horror movies she watched in her free time finally paid off.
She told them what she saw and they all gasped.
"The cops need to know," Frank said. "Do you remember what he looked like?"
"No..." Amanda said, shaking her head. "I didn't get to see him."
"But what happened to you?" Amelia asked. "You were gone for a week, honey!"
"A week?" Amanda said, confused. "I can't remember much."
Amanda looked really sleepy too, despite just waking up from a long sleep.
"What's up, Amanda?" Max asked. "You look really sleepy."
"I don't know," Amanda said. "I've got a terrible headache too."
"Here, eat this," Chet said, putting the bag of food on Amanda's lap. "I made it. A good meal would definitely make you feel better. You three too."
Amelia unpacked the food and fed Amanda. The rest started to eat too.
"It's making me hungry too," Bess whispered to Nancy. "What do you say we go and eat our share of it?"
They actually agreed and went to the dorm room that the Hardy brothers and Chet shared. They all squeezed into the dorm room and started eating.
"Well, if you are such a good cook, I don't blame you for always eating," George said. "Unlike Bess here."
"Hey I can cook too, okay?" Bess argued. "Remember the roux?"
"The one that you burnt?" George mocked with a smirk.
"Hey but I managed to fix it," Bess pointed out. "I learned so much from Chef Sherwood!"
"The only reason why you watched him was because he was cute," George said, eyeing Dave. "She thought he was really hot, and only watched his cooking shows because of that."
"So I'm not hot enough?" Dave asked, pouting.
"No!" Bess quickly said, smacking her cousin. "He's a really good cook. You should watch!"
They finished eating and went back to the infirmary. Amanda looked a little better but still groggy.
"I think they drugged you," Nancy said. "What's the last thing you remember before waking up here?"
"I remember escaping the first chance I got," Amanda said. "I just ran. I was somewhere in a forest. My feet hurt, I was only wearing socks, no shoes and it felt like I was stepping on needles as I ran out.
"I came to a road and started walking, trying to find a car," Amanda continued. "I saw the light of a car and ran to it. But the car came dangerously close and everything went black."
"That was us!" Ned said. "We didn't hit you, but we found you past out in front of the car. We brought you straight here."
"We didn't really recognise you," Nancy added. "We brought you here and only Burt pointed out the fact that you were Amanda."
"I think they drugged me," Amanda said. "I'm feeling unusually sleepy. My eyes are shutting."
"Take a rest, Amy," Amelia said, leaning back against the pillow. "You need it."
The doctor came in and took a blood sample.
"We need to find out what the drug in her system is," The doctor said. "We might be able to reverse the effects."
The doctor left and the police arrived.
"She's still out-cold?" The officer asked, disappointed. "I thought you said she woke up?"
"She did, but it appears that she has been drugged," Frank said. "The doctor took a blood test."
"Call us when she comes to again," the police said, leaving. "This won't do. But we need a statement."

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating this book. I didn't really know how to lay out the idea but now I do. I assure you that you'll be seeing more updates in this book compared to before. I know what to do with it now. Anyways, thank you so much for reading this book! I really appreciate!