More ice cream

Third Person POV
Nancy and Ned entered the convenience store to find their friends shopping. Chet was stuffing his basket with snacks while the Hardys were teasing him. The girls were at the drinks section.
"So much for dieting, huh Morton?" Joe said with a laugh. "That spare tyre of yours is not gonna go."
"Say whatever you want," Chet said, ignoring them. "Snacks are snacks. I was gonna share, but you destroyed your chances of getting snacks."
"Alright, alright, we won't say anything," said Frank. "We'll really appreciate if you shared."
"Yeah Chet," said Joe. "Pleaaase? We want snacks too."
"Go buy some yourselves," said Chet. "I ain't buying for you guys."
"Fine we'll buy some ourselves," said Frank."Come on, Joe."
"Yeah whatever," said Chet. "Now, for a few sodas..."
"You better save your money, Chet," said Ned, approaching them. "You owe us lunch remember?"
The Hardys started laughing at Chet's face.
"Yeah I think that's what he's up to," Joe said, teasingly. "He's gonna finish his money on snacks and then say he doesn't have enough money for our lunch."
"What?" Chet said, shocked. "No! Why would I do that?"
"Oh I dunno," Frank said. "So that you don't have to buy us lunch?"
"Yeah Chet, you owe us lunch," Nancy added jokingly. "Especially because of what you did."
"Okay guys, I'll be honest," said Chet. "I haven't got enough money. I would have to work if I had to treat all of you!"
"Oh come on, man," Frank said. "We were just joking."
"Whoa whoa, this was a joke?" Joe asked, interrupting his brother. "I thought he owed us for real!"
"Okay guys, I have a better idea," said Ned. "Why don't you guys just treat us for ice cream?"
"Yeah like just us, and the girls," said Nancy. "Ice cream doesn't cost that much. And also, there aren't many of us."
"Sure!" Chet said, relieved. "I saw an ice cream parlour not far from here. Can we go there? I heard the prices were okay."
So that's what they did. Chet's problem was solved. After shopping, they went to the ice cream parlour. Ned had finished his and had another cup of float. They each ordered something and Chet paid for it. It kinda saved his wallet too. Ned was glad that Deirdre and her friend weren't there anymore.
"Now time for round two," said Ned, drinking his second float. "Wow I like this one better!"
"I think I'll buy a float for Bess and George each too," said Nancy. "It's okay, Chet. I'll pay for Bess and George."
They left the shop to go back to campus. Bess and George met them near Nancy's car.
"So no lunch on Chet?" Bess asked, disappointed. "Aww... I was kinda excited for it..."
"You're always excited at the thought of food," George said, annoyed. "Actually I'm hungry too, lets have lunch here before going back to campus."
"Alright, what shall we eat for lunch?" Nancy asked. "Any suggestions?"
"Italian!" Iola suggested.
"No! Mexican!" Joe said.
"Burgers!" Chet said.
"Wait what?" Jessica said, confused.
"Chinese food!" Frank suggested.
"Japanese food?" Ned said.
"Korean!" George suggested.
"French!" Bess said, beaming.
"Thai food?" Nancy said.
"Okay I have an idea," said Frank. "Lets all draw strands."
"Wait I have some string in my pocket," said Joe, digging in his pocket. "I have some, just in case."
They drew strands of string and Iola won, getting the longest one.
"So it's Italian food, then," said Chet. "You win, Iola."
"Yay!" Iola said cheerfully. "I saw a nice place near the bookstore."
They had their lunch there and didn't regret it.
They jumped into their cars and drove back to their campus. They gathered in Ned's dorm room.
"Alright, this is what she told me," said Ned, showing them the recording. "You be the judge."
They listened to the recording. They were surprised when they heard Deirdre sobbing.
"Wait, Deirdre cries?!" Bess asked, shocked. "Wow, she must be truly hurt."
"Wait if she didn't send that anonymous threat, then who did?" Frank said quizzically. "Is there a third person? There is another suspect?"
"Well, it isn't a surprise considering Max is a jock," said George. "Jocks are pretty popular."
"I feel like we should interrogate everyone that Amanda knew," said Joe. "Or at least, as much as we can. For all we know, it might've been Amanda's best friend who did this."
"Leave that to us," said Burt. "We can question her friends. They're our classmates."
"And you, Dave, don't forget to go see Max!" Frank said, slapping Dave's back. "Question him as casually a you can. Don't panic, don't get mad at him. Stay calm and question him casually. Got it?"
"Woo yes I got it," said Dave, much to their surprise. "Got it. Yes I got it."
"What's wrong with you?" Ned asked. "Okay whatever, just go see Max later okay? He should be free now, since no class and no sports for him."
"And don't go empty handed," said Nancy. "Bring him something. It isn't nice to see an injured friend without bringing anything for them."
"Yeah I got him some snacks," said Dave. "This case owes me money..."
"Chet owes you ice cream later," Joe jokingly said. "Right Chet?"
"Wrong," said Chet. "I ain't owing anyone ice cream."
"Hey I thought you were gonna buy us lunch?" Burt asked. "You cheated us..."
"Oh come on, the brothers were just joking about it," said Chet, annoyed. "Hey Dave, when do you wanna see Max?"
"Now maybe," said Dave, getting up. "See ya guys later."
"Don't forget to record," said Bess. "The conversation is evidence."
"That's true," said Nancy. "If we don't, he may just deny what he told you."
Dave nodded and left the room.
"Wonder how he's gonna do," said Ned. "So what do you guys wanna do in the meantime?"
"I dunno," said Frank. "You guys got anything? Like card games?"
"I have a game of Snap!" Burt said, digging his drawer. "Wanna play?"
"Alright!" They all said and sat on the ground.
They sat in a circle and started playing Snap.