A disguise

Carson waited in front of a cafe. The college students had to come a little late since they had to finish their classes first.
"Nancy!" Carson greeted when he saw his beautiful young daughter approaching. "How's college?"
"It's great, dad," Nancy replied, a smile around her keen blue eyes. "How's your case going?"
"It's going great, Nancy," Carson said with a smile. "My client has been framed for arson. The evidence clearly shows that he was nowhere within that area, so I managed to collect enough evidence to prove him innocent."
"Hey, Mr. Drew," Joe suddenly greeted. "How's life?"
"Joe..." Frank said, annoyed. He shook his head and turned towards the older man. "How are you doing, Mr. Drew?"
"I'm doing great, Frank," Carson replied with a smile. "Where's Ned? And more importantly, where's your police friend?"
"Ned's working on some assignment with Burt and Dave," Nancy said. "As for Robert, I'm not really sure..."
A tall man with his face completely hidden under a hood, mask and cap suddenly came to them.
"Who is this man?" Carson asked suspiciously. He pulled Nancy towards him, motioning her to get behind him. "Nancy, get behind. He looks like he's up to no good."
"Guys, it's just me," the man said, pulling his mask down. "I'm just hiding from those rogues!"
"Dad, it's only Robert," Nancy said, grinning in relief. "Robert, this is my dad. Dad, this is Robert."
Robert held his hand out to him, his smile slightly shadowed by the cap he wore.
"So you're the one that escaped being butchered to death," Carson said, shaking Robert's hand. "Well, glad you managed to make it outta there. How are your wounds healing? Two stab wounds aren't fun. Trust me, I've been there."
"There're doing great, Mr... Drew," Robert said, relieved to have remembered Nancy's last name. "Have you managed to track down Rawlings's license plate?"
"My friend, Chief McGinnis, is working on it," Carson said. "He'll text us about it anytime now."
They entered the cafe and sat at a table far at the back.
"Frank, I thought you said your dad would be here?" Robert said. "I really want a better disguise than this. I definitely look suspicious like this! Look at that couple staring at me! They probably think I'm gonna steal their cookie!"
And so they were. They were staring at him with suspicious looks on their faces, giant cookies in their hands
"I think you better just take that off, dude," Joe said. "You know, this place is quite secure."
"No, Joe," Frank interrupted. "He better wear it. We may never know where one of their thugs might be searching for him."
Someone from the far end of the cafe suddenly stood up and came to them.
"See what I mean?" Frank said, motioning towards the weird guy coming towards them. "He must be one of them."
"Frank's right," Carson said. "Better act cool. Robert, put on a foreign accent."
Robert, for some reason, decided pull off an Italian accent. They played cool and acted like they were having a casual conversation about the attractions there, in Ouray, Colorado. The weird man strode past the tables and stopped right in front of their table, causing them to utter silent groans.
He was wearing a tweed jacket with a black fedora pulled low. He seemed to have a diamond-shaped face with high cheekbones, a crooked nose and deep wrinkles. He took off his hat and smiled, revealing huge buck teeth.
"Do you youngsters have any idea where the Capitol is?" The man asked in a hollow sort of voice.
The seated people looked at each other, confused. Was this man kidding? Or was he stupid enough to look for the Capitol in Colorado instead of Washington?
"I'm afraid you've come to the wrong state, sir," Carson said. He turned back to Robert. "Where were we, Mr. Garcia? Ah yes. We were were talking about the hot springs."
They started rambling on about the hot spring that they didn't even know the name of. But to their surprise, the odd looking fella sat on the edge of the plush cushion, squeezing himself next to Robert. He pushed Robert in with his backside, squashing Joe towards the wall too.
"Hey! What gives?!" Joe retorted. "What's up with you, weirdo?!"
Robert shoved him off the seat and grabbed him by the collar, a fist in his face. He was a lot taller than him and he was sure felt intimidated. Robert kept his Italian persona on.
"Who are you, you strano?!" Robert demanded, still speaking in a faked Italian accent. "Who are you, man? Tell me or I, Garcia, will get the truth out of you the hard way."
Frank and Joe got up and tried to separate them. The small number of people in the cafe turned to look at them silently.
"Robert, please," Frank tried convincing. "You're creating a scene!"
"No, he is!" Robert said, forgetting to use his fake accent. "He's definitely one of those rogues! Here, help me hold him. I'm gonna call the cops!"
"Boys wait!" A familiar voice suddenly called. "Don't jump into conclusions, it's only me!"
The Hardy Boys looked at each other, confusion written all over their faces. It was their father's voice!
"Dad?!" Joe exclaimed, looking around. "But where are you?!"
Fenton pushed the confused Robert away from him and straightened himself up. He took off the fake teeth in his mouth and grinned at his sons with his regular teeth.
"Why do you always have to do something like this, dad?" Frank asked, annoyed. "You could've at least warned us, right?"
"Well, where's the fun in that?" Fenton said, putting his teeth away in a special case. "Anyway, this is your new friend? Nice to meet you, Mr. Robert Garcia."
"Actually, it's Robert Maxwell," Robert said with an apologetic grin. "Sorry about that, Mr. Hardy."
"It's alright," Fenton said cooly. "There's nothing wrong with being alert, is there? Especially for you, Mr. Maxwell."
"Please, just call me Robert," the younger man said, seating himself back onto the plush seat. "Anyway, your disguise was incredible!"
"Well, it's our dad, after all," Joe said proudly. "He's a private investigator."
He let Fenton sit down before seating himself next to him.
"So dad, can you work on a disguise for Robert?" Frank said. "He's being chased by rogues. Or so he might. Just in case, he needs a disguise."
Fenton took a look at Robert while Carson's phone suddenly dinged with a message. He looked at his phone with a joyful look and told them.
"Chief McGinnis said that the bike belongs to a Stanley Lloyd," Carson said with a smirk.
"So that might be his real name, then!" Robert said, satisfied. "Thanks, Mr. Drew. Now to find him!"
Carson looked back at his phone and frowned.
"What's up, dad?" Nancy asked, seeing her father's frown deepen.
"The Chief says that the bike was stolen last month," Carson said, dismayed. "Stanley lost in Silverton, where he lives. The police are still looking for this bike."
"Did they find it?" Nancy asked.
"Nope," Carson replied in disappointment. "They haven't."
"Why don't we look for it, then?" Frank said. "It's what we Hardys do!"
"Yeah!" Joe agreed. "Some after school detective work will do us good!"
"That ain't happening, boys," Fenton said, much to their dismay. "You guys have college!"
The Hardy Boys groaned and grumbled when he said that.
"He's right," Frank agreed with a hint of disappointment. "We need to concentrate on our studies."
"You too, Nancy," Carson said, eyeing his daughter. "No more detective work until you graduate."
"But that's like four years more!" Nancy argued. "Dad! No!"
"Yeah we can still spy on him during weekends!" Joe reasoned. "Come on, dad..."
"Fine," Fenton finally said. "But if I see your grades dropping, you're in hot water, young men."
Frank and Joe nodded confidently.
"We won't let you down," Frank said. "Right, Joe?"
"Yes siree!" Joe said with a salute.
They finished their light meal and walked out of the cafe.
"You're coming with me, Robert," Fenton said. "Come to my hotel, I'll help you work on a disguise."
Robert went with him. Carson turned to his daughter.
"You guys wanna go back to college or should we hang out a little more?" Carson asked. "We still have some time left, right?"
"We can hang out," Nancy said. "Wanna go to the mall?"
They ended up going to the mall. The Hardys shrugged and followed them. But of course, they were ditched since the Drews were having a family time together.