A walk outside

"Oi Bess," whispered Nancy, nudging Bess. "The teacher's calling you."
"Uh what Umm," said Bess, standing up quickly. "Oh I um I'm Bess Marvin, I'm from River Heights. What else... oh yeah and I like shopping and I like reading."
"Thank you, Bess," said Amelia. "Can I have you now? The titian with the denim jacket?"
"Oh I'm Nancy Drew," said Nancy. "I'm from River Heights too. I like solving mysteries. Nice to meet you, Miss Jones."
"Nice to meet you too, Nancy," said Amelia. "By the way, please call me Amelia... Miss Jones makes me feel old and... distant. Amelia sounds friendlier. I don't want you guys too see that there's a teacher-student gap between us."
"Okay, Amelia," said Nancy. "You're the friendliest lecturer I've ever seen, though you're the first lecturer I've ever had."
So the class continued to introduce themselves. Amelia still didn't really know them, but Nancy's name stuck to her, for some reason. Amelia proved to be a very kind lecturer who didn't handle any nonsense from the students. She was fun, cheerful, and most of all, strict. But her strictness wasn't like that of an annoying teacher. It was a motherly kind of strict. The students instantly warmed up to her. Nancy and her friends had break for an hour during the next lesson because they didn't take economics.
"So do the boys have break now too?" asked Nancy, going to the locker room to put away her stuff and take books for the next period. "I think they do, let me check the schedule."
"Yep they do," said Bess, swiping through her phone. "Wonder if the Hardys and the gang are on break too."
"Yes we are," said Frank, walking towards them. "But not Phil, Biff and Tony, though. But the six of us, yeah."
"And we are too," said Ned, coming in with his boys. "So lets go to break together."
So they went to the courtyard together and sat on the grass.
"Hey we were wondering," said Nancy. 'What if all of us go to the college gym together? A whole group fitness!"
"Sounds good!" said Dave at once, eyeing at Chet. "At least I'll know that Chet isn't messing around with my girlfriend."
"Hey!" said Chet suddenly. "I, Chester Morton, would never do such a thing. I may be single, but I would never EVER wreck anybody's relationship!"
"Well..." said Jessica suddenly. She had followed Iola and Callie because she didn't have any friends in this school too. "I'm single too..."
"What do you say we get together then?" said Chet. "I like you too, you seem like a nice person, and I think you're cute."
"Thanks," said Jessica, blushing. "No one has ever told me that before... but you're not so bad yourself. I like you too!"
"So Chet finally has a girlfriend," said Frank. "After all these times, finally!"
"Yay," said Joe, clapping. "Now, lose weight."
"Yeah I will," said Chet, annoyed. "You don't have to rub it in, ya know..."
"So what do you guys wanna do during this one hour?" asked Bess. "Wanna grab a snack? Some chips, maybe?"
"Bess," said George, with a serious expression. "You're on a diet..."
"Right..." said Bess, sadly. "So no chips for me then..."
"Neither for me..." said Chet. "I was just thinking of grabbing some..."
"Yeah and growing that spare tyre?" said Frank. "I don't think so..."
"Yeah not on our watch," said Joe. "We might even put a CCTV camera in your mouth to see if you're consuming any snacks."
"You don't have to go that far," said Chet. "I can control myself..."
"We'll see," said Frank, smirking. "So what do you want to do during this break?"
"Let's go for a walk," said George. "The place surrounding the school looks amazing."
"Yeah sure," said Burt. "We have plenty of time left, so lets go!"
So they did. They went for a walk around the school. It was autumn, since it was a new term and the warm-coloured leaves were dropping like rain. The air was cool and strong. Their hair blew with the wind and Bess had a hard time tying hers back. George had an even harder time because her hair simply couldn't be tied since it was too short.
"Yeah I'm gonna grow it long enough to be tied," said George. "But not too long though, because I don't want it to me brushing around my shoulders..."
"Wear a headband, then," said Nancy. "Like what I do, it doesn't get in my face that way."
"Yeah I think I should," said George. "Hey I think we better go back to class."
"Oh my gosh, yeah!" said Iola. "We only have ten minutes left! Quick! Run back to the college!"
"Wait no the college is that way!" said Callie. "Iola! Where are you going? The college is this way! That way is the forest, not the college!"
"Oh yeah sorry," said Iola, running back to them. "I would've gotten lost in the forest..."
"Yeah you would have," said Chet. "It would've been fun too, without you..."
Chet received a very sharp nudge from Joe.
"You want my girlfriend to disappear?!" asked Joe, looking mad. "That's the meanest thing!"
"Chill, Joe," said Chet, a little taken aback. "I was only joking... why would I wang my sister to go missing? She was my sister first before she became your girlfriend..."
Joe started laughing.
"I was only joking too," said Joe. "I just wanted to see the look on your face."
So they ran back to college, with Chet almost being the last, in front of Bess. They quickly got their books from their lockers and went to their classes. They sat at their tables and then started to get ready for class.
"Wait isn't that Nancy Drew?" asked someone from the back row. "Hey it is! It's Nancy Drew!"
Nancy heard this but pretended to ignore. Her friends knew why.
"Well if it isn't my sworn nemesis, Nancy," said Deirdre, walking towards where Nancy and her friends were sitting. "Hi there! What an unpleasant surprise!"
"Go away, Deirdre," said Nancy. "I never did anything to you. Wait how come you only noticed now? We had been here the whole time during the first period..."
"Yeah but I wasn't here," said Deirdre. "I don't take chemistry. I'm not a nerd like you! Ahehehehe."
Nancy and her friends cringed when she did that. George got up intimidatingly.
"If you keep that up, it's down the ravine for you!" said George. "You did notice that there's a ravine in front of our campus, right?"
"Oh I'm so scared," said Deirdre, pretending to be scared. "How deep is it? A million feet? Oh I shall die!"
"You're exaggerating," said Bess, annoyed. "It's only 30 feet, 10 metres..."
"Oh if you three are here, then your hot boyfriends are here too!" exclaimed Deirdre. "Oh I simply love Ned! Why did he even think about hooking up with you? You look like trash from the dumpster!"
Nancy looked offended and disgusted. She tried to hold back her anger, but George didn't. George was about to slap Deirdre, but luckily, for both of them, their Calculus teacher arrived before she could. Deidre ran back to her place. George smiled triumphantly.
"That coward..." said George. "What does she even want?"
"She wants Ned," said Nancy. "That's all she wants..."