New suspects

"I feel like we should read her past chats," said Nancy. "Lets start with Deirdre."
So they looked over her shoulder as she started reading Deirdre's old chats.
"Why don't you look at that!" Frank exclaimed. "She had some beef with her?"
"What is it?" Chet asked, craning his neck between the brothers. "I can't see! Joe, move your fat head out of the way?"
"Look who's talking," Joe said with a grin. "Anyway, there are some serious texts in here."
"What are they?" Chet asked. "Anything... deadly?"
"Here, read it," said Nancy. "This was three days before she went missing."
Deirdre: Hey
Deirdre: I wanna have a word with u
Amanda: What is it?
Deirdre: Get your hands off my Max!
Amanda: What do u mean?
Deirdre: Well yeah
Deirdre: He is MY crush and u noe it
Amanda: He is?
Amanda: Sorry I didn't know
Deirdre: Don't lie to me!
Deirdre: I liked him since day one and u now it!
Deirdre: As if u didn't hear me talking about it with my friends in class
Amanda: Umm Deirdre?
Amanda: I'm not in your class
Amanda: I'm a year ahead of u...
Deirdre went offline.
"Wow..." said Ned. "Hey I'm kinda glad that she isn't after me anymore..."
"Well same here too," said Nancy. "Okay so that's another name on our suspect list."
"Did we even have one?" Bess asked. "I don't think we did..."
"We did," said George. "Just that you were so busy thinking about lunch that you didn't even know!"
"George!" Bess said, pouting. "Stop that! You're speaking as if you don't ever need to have lunch!"
"Moving on..." Frank said, taking the phone from Nancy. "Lets see the texts from our injured friend, Max now."
"Whoa!" Frank exclaimed, causing Joe to lean forward to read it too. "You guys have to see this! Especially Burt!"
"Oh my," said Joe. "Now that's beastly..."
Max: Amanda
Amanda: Hey Max
Amanda: How's ur leg?
Amanda: What did the doctor say?
Max: He says it's just a sprain
Max: Nothing much
Max: It just hurts
Max: That's all
Amanda: Oh thank goodness
Max: Where are u?
Amanda: At the library
Amanda: Why?
Max: Are u free?
Max: I'm kinda bored
Max: I can't really do anything
Max: Can't play
Max: Can't walk
Max: It would be nice to have u here
Amanda: Yeah but
Amanda: I'm with Burt
Max: What?!
Max: What are u doing with him?!
Amanda: Working on an assignment
Max: Yeah but why with him of all ppl?
Amanda: Because we are partners in social science class
Amanda: Since u didn't take that class
Amanda: I needed to find another partner
Max: No way
Amanda: Why?
Max: That Burt guy has this glint in his eye
Max: N I can distinctly tell that he's trying to take u away from me
Amanda: Wait what?
Amanda: No!
Amanda: He has a girlfriend!
Max: Idk, maybe he's a player?
Amanda: No!
Amanda: I can't believe u can say such a thing!
Amanda went offline.
"This was the day before she disappeared," said Frank. "Burt, I wish you luck clearing your name, buddy."
"Whoa..." said Ned. "Sorry buddy, we shouldn't have ditched you that day..."
"Yeah we should've made a trio group with you," said Dave. "We're sorry dude. But better you than me..."
"I knew it," said Burt. "I knew I should've chose another partner. I should've went with that goth guy in the corner. I wouldn't have gotten this much of beef on me if I just went with Ian. Just because Amanda was really good at this subject..."
"Aww don't worry, Burt," George said comfortingly. "We know you didn't have any of that thoughts in your mind."
"Thanks Georgie," said Burt. "Glint in my eye? What does he meant by that? So that's why he glared at me when we visited him in his dorm the other day. Gosh..."
"So that means he's back on the suspect list," said Chet. "We crossed him out remember?"
"Yeah so we have to add him back in," said Nancy. "So who else did she text?"
"Her mom," said Joe, reading her texts. "And it doesn't looks so hot."
Amelia: Amy
Amanda: Yeah mom?
Amelia: Are you still dating Max?
Amanda: Yeah why?
Amelia: Well stop!
Amanda: Why?
Amelia: Someone just sent me a threatening note
Amelia sent a picture of it
Amanda: OMG
Amelia: Please Amy
Amelia: Ur life may be in danger!
Amanda: Nah
Amanda: Must be some sick prank
Amanda: U noe all the girls are after him now?
Amanda: Even Deirdre told me to get away from him
Amelia: Really?
Amanda: I never liked her before
Amelia: Be careful dear
Amanda: Don't worry about me, mom
"So she received a threatening note," said Bess. "Now who could've sent it?"
"I have a hunch," said Nancy. "It may have been Deirdre."
"Wonder if Amelia still has that note," said Iola. "If she does we can compare the handwriting."
"But it's typed out," said Callie. "There, take a look."
She moved a little so that Iola could see the phone.
"Oh," Iola said in dismay. "So now what?"
"Maybe we can see the font?" Tony said. "I don't know."
"Hey maybe that's a good idea," said Ned said. "I saw that Deirdre has a special font. It's her favourite. She writes literally everything with that font."
"But what if she changed it?" Nancy asked. "Because criminals often do stuff like that."
"Hmm that's true too," said Biff. "So what do we do now?"
"Investigate," said Frank. "Firstly, we have to get that note from Amelia, if she still has it, that's is."
"She might," said Phil. "Or she might've burnt it of thrown it away."
"Nancy!" They suddenly heard someone calling from behind them.
Nancy turned in her seat to see Amelia. She looked like she had just ran to come and see Nancy.
"Oh hey Amelia," said Nancy. "What's wrong?"
"I thought you might want to see this," said Amelia, handing a crumpled piece of paper to Nancy. "I got this a few days before Amy disappeared. I just found it when I was clearing my handbag."
"So this is the note that you were talking about with Amanda," Nancy said, looking at the note. "We saw your texts with Amanda."
"Did you find anything else?" Amelia asked.
"We found two other suspects," said Frank. "And we have to investigate them."
"Oh please do," said Amelia. "I just want my Amy back."
"How was her relationship with Deirdre?" Joe asked suddenly. "They're cousins right?"
"Yeah they are," said Amelia. "She's my husband's sister's daughter. Why do you ask?"
They showed her the text messages that Amanda had with Deirdre. She stared in shock.