Max Irvin

"Just come in," said a voice from inside. "The door isn't locked."
Ned opened the door and they went in.
"Oh hey Ned, Burt and Dave," said Max, sitting up on the bed. "What brings you guys here?"
"We just wanted to ask you why you didn't come to class yesterday," said Ned. "Are you okay? The teacher said you're not well."
"Yes that's true," said Max. "I fell down during extra practice on Thursday. Sprained my leg, and couldn't walk. But luckily it's not that bad. The doc said I can walk on Monday. It feels better now. But I can't play for another few weeks."
They saw his leg and it was wrapped in bandages. It looked pretty bad.
"How did you fall down?" Burt asked. "Were you practicing with the team?"
"No, not with the whole team," said Max. "Just with a few buddies. I practiced with my dorm mates, Jack and Ben."
"Was there anyone else with you?" Dave asked. "Like anyone besides Jack and Ben."
"Yeah," said Max. "My girlfriend, Amanda was there too. She was cheering for me. She even took a photo with me and said she wanted to print it out and put it in her diary. I think she went yesterday to the photo studio. You should ask her, if you wanna see the photo, that is."
"Max..." said Ned, gravely. "Amanda is missing. She went missing near the forest yesterday. We found the photo in her bag, in the nearby forest."
"Oh my gosh Amanda!" Max shouted, and attempted to get up. "What happened to her? Why didn't Jack and Ben tell me? I must go and find her!"
"No no you would do no such thing," said Burt, making Max sit down again on the bed. "We are trying to find her. You were our first suspect, that's why we came to see you."
"What?" Max asked, shocked. "But why me?"
"Because the photo of you and her was in her bag," said Dave. "It was also dated one day before her disappearance. So that's why we figured that you'd know something."
"Wait..." said Ned. "You said she wanted to go and have it printed out at the photo studio right? Which photo studio does she usually go to?"
"The one in the campus," said Max. "She's in the photography club. She loves taking photos of anything she finds beautiful."
"She loves taking photos huh..." said Ned, thinking. "Alright thanks, Max. You gave us some valuable clues. We'll find Amanda, don't worry."
"I hope you will," said Max. "I'll keep my fingers crossed."
The boys went back outside and met the others sitting at the tables. They got up when they saw them exiting.
"Any luck?" George asked. "What did Max say? Did he have anything to do with Amanda's disappearance?"
"No he didn't know a thing," said Burt. "He's injured and is gonna stay in bed till Monday."
"What happened to him?" Bess asked. "How did he get himself hurt?"
"He fell down during soccer practice," said Dave. "He was practicing with his mates, Jack and Ben."
"So where does Amanda come in?" Nancy asked. "How did she suddenly take a photo with him?"
"She's he's girlfriend," said Ned. "She came to cheer for him. They took the photo together and Amanda said she wanted to have it printed out for her diary."
"Did he know where she went before disappearing?" asked Frank. "Like, where she might've been?"
"Darn we didn't ask him that," said Ned. "But one thing's for sure. She went and had the photo printed out in the campus photo studio."
"Then how did she end up in the forest?" Chet asked. "The photo studio and the forest aren't neighbours..."
"She got dragged there, silly," said Joe, annoyed. "You think any sane person would just walk into the forest and vanish forever?"
"I suggest that we should dig her phone," said Iola. "Maybe she has some photos that can lead us to them?"
"Good idea, Iola," said Callie. "Come on! Where are the evidence again?"
"We left them in the principal's office," said Jessica. "Come on guys!"
They went back to the principal's office and she let them in.
"Mrs Lewis, can we check Amanda's stuff?" Nancy asked. "We want to see her phone."
The principal nodded and pointed to where she put Amanda's belongings. They went there and got it. George unlocked it and went to view her pictures.
"There's that photo she took with Max," said Nancy, showing the others. "She took some photos of Max playing soccer with his friends too."
"Yeah," said George, eyeing at her boyfriend. "He's kinda hot, don't you think?"
"No," said Burt, glaring at her. "I look much better than that Max guy. He looks like a Max-imum hulk! Look at him. He looks like a body builder!"
"You're just jealous, Burt," said Tony, laughing at Burt. "In fact he isn't that big. He's just a little more muscular than you."
"Well I'm more muscular than that, you know," said Biff. "I think I'm taller too."
"Do you have a girlfriend?" Bess asked, eyeing at Dave, who in turn started scowling. "I don't think you do."
"That's classified," said Biff, mysteriously. "I can't tell that information to anyone."
"That's because he has no girlfriend," said Phil with a chuckle. "We all don't. We should go girlfriend hunting soon."
"Back off from my girl," said Dave. "Go get yourself your own girl."
"Hey we never said we wanted your girls," said Phil. "We just said we wanted to find another girl!"
"Will you guys quit it?" Frank said, annoyed with them. "We are here to investigate Amanda's disappearance. Not to fight."
"Besides, the principal is watching," Joe said in a low voice. "Just look at her. She's really disappointed with you guys..."
They looked at her and she was frowning at them with a disgusted expression. They apologised to her.
"Sorry about that, Mrs Lewis," said Biff, Phil, Burt and Dave together.
"It's fine..." said the principal. "Let's carry on with the investigating."
"Oh shoot," said Nancy suddenly. "Battery's dead. We need to charge this phone. Mrs Lewis, can we take this phone to our dorm to charge it."
"Sure thing," said the principal. "But bring it back tomorrow with your findings."
"We will," said Frank, with a nod. "We'll bring it back."
They thanked the principal and left the office. They went to the Hardys' and Chet's dorm and started charging the phone.
"My phone charger won't fit inside this one," said Frank. "Try yours, Chet."
Chet took out his phone charger and tried. It worked and they started charging the phone.
"Now we wait," said Chet. "It would take a while for it to turn on because it's completely dead."
"You guys call us when the phone can be turned on," said Nancy. "It doesn't seem to be anytime soon."