Hawk and Sparrow

"Who is this boss that you speak of?" Fenton asked as they entered a passage filled with electronic equipment. "Like... the name sounds lame, yet intimidating at the same time."
"I don't know," Robert said. "No one has seen him. Only video calls. Even that, he wears a mask and makes his voice appear deeper. But we do know that the dude has red hair..."
Fenton hummed in reply and looked over at the equipment. One of it looked like a seat and had a circular cuff-like thing where the seated person's head would be.
"Umm, what's that?" Fenton asked.
"That's the Brain Buster," Robert said as they passed it.
"What does it do?" Fenton asked. "The name itself sounds scary. Does it blow one's brain off?"
"Technically no," Robert said. "Rawlings told me that it erases memories. That one blows brains in an instant. That's the Eradicator."
Fenton gulped. Though he was an experienced detective, he didn't want to face a fate like that. Besides, he didn't really come across a syndicate this deadly before.
'This is insane...' Fenton thought. 'Someone has to put an end to this.'
They walked in and saw a few scientists bustling around, conducting experiments. Some of the experiments looked kinda scary.
There was one scientist examining some strange creature in a tank, another one was shooting a laser at a pile of leaves, only to see it vaporise in a matter of seconds.
Some where testing out weapons that fit like gloves.
Robert quickly took pictures on his phone as proof.
"Don't make it seem too obvious," Fenton whispered. "I'm filming everything too."
Robert nodded and put his phone away.
"What sorta experiments do they even do?" Fenton asked, watching the one of the scientists inject some sort of serum into a lab rat. "Seems like they're creating some sort of vaccine..."
Within a few seconds, the lab rat turned into an aggressively monstrous version of itself.
"Oookay, I stand corrected," Fenton said, slightly baffled by the lab rat's nature.
"Shudder to think what would happen if they inject that into humans..." Robert said, watching Fenton film all of it with his glasses. "Imagine Rawlings being injected with that. Oh wait, he also mentioned they were cloning some people too..."
"I sure hope it isn't done on that Rawlings fella too..." Fenton said. "The world already has enough with one of him..."
"Couldn't agree more," Robert admitted with a chuckle.
Fenton sent all of the pictures and videos that he took to Carson. But unfortunately, the signal down there wasn't so good.
"The service is awful down here..." Fenton commented. "No wonder you couldn't call for backup."
Robert nodded. "If I did, it would've been a completely different story," he said with a sigh. "Well, at least I made it out in one piece."
"Hey!" A voice suddenly called behind them. The two detectives instantly froze.
The person whose voice belonged to stepped in front of them. He was an odd fella with blue hair.
'What's with these punks having odd hair?' Robert thought to himself. 'Let's try to get out of this the professional way.'
But before he could, Fenton did.
"Oh hey, buddy!" Fenton greeted with a grin. "The boss sent us here."
"Is that so..." the man said, thoughtfully.
"Yep!" Robert quickly said. "He sent us here to... to check the stocks."
"Ah I see!" The man said. "You must be the new intake! I'm Frost, by the way."
"Thank goodness for stupid henchmen," Fenton said under his breath.
"What was that?" Frost asked.
"The name's... Hawk..." Fenton said the first thing that came to mind.
"And I'm... Sparrow," Robert said, playing along.
'That was so lame...' Robert thought, trying not to laugh. 'But then again... I shouldn't have used Maxwell the last time...'
It was a good thing that both of them were in disguise. Fenton decided to give himself and Robert a few scars and tattoos to appear more thug-like.
To their surprise, Frost led them to another room. Fenton pressed a bottom on his collar pin to record wherever he's going. That room seemed to have some service, though low. Carson immediately received the proof.
"That's one buff rat..." Carson commented, looking at the photo of the mutated lab rat. "This has to be stopped."
But unfortunately, he did not receive the location that Fenton sent.

"It's not fair that we are stuck here in this dingy campus while dad's out spying..." Joe said, laying on his bed in the dark. He turned to where his brother slept. "Any news, Frank?"
"Nope," Frank said. "Nancy said Dad updated Mr. Drew."
"Ever thought of updating us?" Joe asked, annoyed. "We're his sons!"
Chet was fast asleep. He was snoring but he suddenly started talking.
"Burgers..." Chet muttered. "Jessica..."
Chet started snoring again. The brothers started laughing.
"Go back to sleep," Frank told his brother. "Chet's already asleep too."
"Can't believe he's thinking about food even in his sleep..." Joe grinned.
"Yeah, the first thing people think when seeing your face is Cheeseburger,". Frank said with a grin. "Why are you so obsessed with cheeseburgers again?"
"Cheeseburger," Joe said again. "Hey it was funny how you were forced to make burgers back in Blue Moon Canyon."
"It was fun, I guess..." Frank said. "But the waitress was kinda annoying. She's got a voice like a chainsaw!"
Joe couldn't help but burst into laughter at that. Chet started imitating a chainsaw.
"Are you sure he's really asleep?" Joe asked doubtfully. "Wait... let's test. Cheeseburger."
"Cheeseburger..." Chet murmured back.
"He is, but his ears are still open I guess..." Frank concluded. "Just sleep..."
Joe sighed and tried to sleep.

"Do you know that it's actually night?" Robert said as they pretended to sort out the storeroom.
"That explains why my eyes are shutting," Fenton said. "Are these thugs allowed to sleep?"
"Yes, but I don't think it's safe for us," Robert said. "You wanna leave?"
"Not yet," Fenton said. "This sorting work is perfect for us to gather info."
While doing that, Fenton found that this syndicate smuggled a lot more than illegal drugs. They also smuggled other contraband like liquor and weapons. They also realised how they have been replacing branded leather bags with cheap replicas only to sell them at a higher price somewhere else.
"This is insane..." Fenton said. "I think this is enough..."
They decided to sneak out through the main entrance. It was a good thing that Robert knew his way around.
Just as they were about to press the elevator button, the lift opened. Robert's jaw could've dropped at the sight of the person in it.