Dinner time

"I think I will throw her into that ravine," said George. "If she doesn't keep a mouth shut!"
"Relax George," said Nancy. "Everything is gonna be fine, as long as we're with you."
"Ya think?" said George. "Let's just hope that you don't lose your temper."
"That would be messy," said Bess. "Like you keep us together, and if you lose your temper, then we're done for!"
"Relax, I won't," said Nancy. "Or at least I'll try not to..."
"Good luck with that," said George. "Deidre really gets on my nerves..."
"Our nerves," corrected Bess. "Why is she so annoying?"
"Let's just continue unpacking," said Nancy. "We have no classes today right?"
"No we don't," said Bess. "I'm really hungry, we should get dinner after this. I'm almost done."
"You're always really hungry, Bess," said George. "Can't you ever stand not eating?"
"Nope I cant," said Bess. "I'm a human and humans need to eat. I don't really think you're human, though."
"Oh Bess," said Nancy, smiling while shaking her head. "We'll get dinner after this. I'm hungry too."
So they quickly finished unpacking and went to the cafeteria to get a light dinner. They found their boyfriends too and went to join them at their table.
"I thought you said we get free dinner?" said George, eyeing Burt. "To make up for that jumps scare you gave us during lunch?"
"Oh yeah we forgot about it," said Burt. "We'll get you something now."
So the girls told the guys what they wanted to eat and they went to buy it for them. They returned with a big tray of food and served it to the girls. They started eating and then the Hardys came in too with the Mortons and Callie. They bought some food too and sat at the table directly next to theirs. The tables were touching so it looked rather like it was one long table. So they sat together and chatted while munching on their food.
"I wonder when I'm gonna have a girlfriend,"said Chet with a sigh. "Wonder who's gonna be the one for me."
"Relax Chet," said Frank. "One will definitely come for you."
"Yeah there's plenty of sea left in the fish," said Joe and the others stared at him in confusion. "I mean there's plenty of fish in the sea."
"Are you drunk or something?" asked Frank, nudging Joe while Joe just sheepishly smiled. "I think it's that cheeseburger playing tricks on you."
"Every single time I see you, you're always eating a cheeseburger," said Ned. "Why?"
"Cuz it's my favourite food in this world," said Joe, taking a bite from his cheeseburger. "The ones served in this cafeteria is really good."
"Yeah I agree," said Chet, unwrapping his second burger. "The food's really good here."
"Yeah and you should really work on that spare tyre," said Frank. "Seriously, we don't need to carry around a spare tyre in our boot. We can just use your tummy."
"Yeah very funny," said Chet. "Where's the nearest gym again?"
"There's one in the college," said Bess. "I guess I'll accompany you."
"Yay Bess is finally gonna exercise," said George. "After all those years of teasing and bickering and scolding and you're finally gonna exercise? Yesss."
"Yep I am," said Bess. "And I'm gonna look better than you! I'm gonna start tomorrow. You're coming too right, Chet?"
"Yep I'm coming," said Chet. "We'll go early in the morning, before breakfast."
"We'll see how long that holds up," said Iola, giggling. "Even if it does, Chet's huge appetite will ruin it..."
"Of course I won't let that happen," said Chet. "I'm gonna go on diet!"
"We'll see if he keeps it up," whispered Frank to Joe. "We'll wake him with loud music."
"I'll sponsor the music," Joe whispered back smirking. "I'll play the loudest music I have on stock."
"What are you two whispering?" asked Chet. "I'll go tomorrow."
"Nothing much," said Frank. "Just talking about tomorrow morning."
"Well yeah I'm gonna wake up early and go down to the gym!" said Chet confidently. "Bess, wait for me at the foyer."
"Yeah I'll be there," said Bess. "I'm gonna tone myself well tomorrow!"
"Hey you better not steal my girlfriend," said Dave. "If I see you with her being more than friends, it's down the ravine for you!"
"You sound like Heihachi Mishima suddenly," said Chet. "Of course I won't steal your girl. She's just a good friend."
"Okay but I've got my eye on you, Morton," said Dave. "If I see anything suspicious, you'll regret it!"
"Wait is that Deidre and her goons?" asked Bess, glancing back. "Oh my gosh it is! Quick quick, eat up. I see that all of us are almost done. That's right, move move!"
"Who are they anyway?" asked Callie, while getting her stuff and getting the food wrappers that she wanted to throw away. "They seem awful..."
"Awful, they are," said Nancy, helping Bess to clean up after herself. "They are the worst people I've ever seen. Quick, out the door!"
It was a good thing they chose to sit relatively near one of the entrance. They rushed out as soon as soon as Deidre and her goons came into the cafeteria through another entrance. They practically ran back to their dormitory. They met up in Ned and his friends' room, since the girls' room were very close to Deidre's room. The Hardys' and Chet's room was next to theirs.
"Phew that was close," said Nancy. "I've been sworn enemies with her since first grade."
"Now that's some very loyal rivalry," said Ned. "And now she's after me..."
"What do you mean she's after you?" asked Frank. "You mean to say she has a crush on you and she's trying to wreck your relationship with Nancy?"
"Yep that's exactly what's happening," said Burt. "You should see the look on poor Ned's face when she arrives."
"Yeah like this one time she somehow made me agree on a date," said Ned. "It was just to get info regarding a case out of her by the way. She answered the questions I asked her and she told me to wait while she went to the bathroom. I made a quick exit."
"Yeah and I was at the table across from you," said Bess. "And when she came back, she looked all over for you, calling out your name. She even asked the cashier!"
"I just ran," said Ned. "I ran as far as I could and gave Nancy the information."
"I can just imagine Ned doing that," said Joe, laughing. "Why didn't you just drive away?"
"Because you were tinkering with my car," said Ned. "Nancy had just gotten back from Venice that week and gotten a new mystery to solve. It was at that time, you were still tinkering with my car, as in disassembling the engine and making a huge mess and missing some of the parts in the process. So I had to borrow Burt's or Nancy's if I ever needed to drive."
"Oh it was that time," said Joe. "Yeah I really didn't know what the heck I was doing..."
"It's a good thing you sent it to the workshop instead of depending on Joe," said Frank. "Joe almost ruined Chet's jalopy too."
"Yeah but I got it fixed," said Chet. "And now it's great."