Chapter 39 - Reward

Sirana loved dancing, especially with Severus. He had a way about him that made the whole world disappear when they danced. Their dance was casual and light, drinking their
wine, talking softly, laughing. She was enthralled with this man. From the look in his eyes, she could tell he found her equally captivating. There was also an air of danger that always emanated from Severus, but she never felt threatened by it nor did she feel that she had any control of it. Something was driving this man to some unknown fate, bound by a promise. She often felt it there, hidden in his mind, encircled by a ring of regret. Now, as they danced, she felt none of that in him, she felt only a sense of love and contentment—and the flames of desire for her. Her own flames burned hotly, and as he lowered his head to kiss her, she felt the intensity of their flames heighten, feeding off of each other's fire.
Severus felt the fire in her mind, and it was matched by his own. He didn't want to think of any of the troubles weighing on his mind. He had her with him here, now, and the rest could wait.
"Are you going to carry me off again like a war prize, or are you going to let me walk to your bed on my own accord this time?"
|201|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
Severus couldn't help but laugh. She had a wit about her that only added to her charm.
"You should feel fortunate that I haven't yet dragged you in by your hair," he said playfully. He bowed and motioned with his arm. "As you wish."
She drank the last sip of her wine, then took his glass and finished the last drink of his as well, setting them down before accepting his invitation into his bedroom. He couldn't shed the feeling that this time with her was precious—that their time together would be limited in the future. He pushed that thought from his mind, determined to live in the present and relish their moments together.
He relieved her of her blouse and moved to her breeches, untying the laces slowly.
"These are nice," he said. "Is this your retribution for my multitude of buttons?"
She laughed. "Perhaps. If I have to work for my reward, it's only fair that you have to work for yours."
Severus smiled. "If this is considered work, I think I would be tempted to change my profession."
"Well, you definitely have a calling for it," Sirana said, as she started on his buttons
"As do you, my dear," he said as he looked down to see she had made quick work of his buttons and was starting on the clasp of his trousers. He groaned lowly as she reached into his pants. She grasped him firmly, moving closer to him as
|202|

Reward
she stroked him sensually. He was caught off guard when she lowered herself in front of him, licking his tip with her tongue. His breath caught, and his hips jerked forward involuntarily. She looked up at him with an impish smile, then moved seductively to take him deeply in her mouth. He was transfixed. She was a provocative, tantalizing, and exciting lover, all while embodying an essence of sweet innocence. He reached down his hand and brushed her hair back, then wrapped his hand in it. Severus knew he could take no more of this sweet madness, and he brought her up to him and on to the bed. He knew he didn't have much left in him, so he entered her swiftly, slowly moving in and out of her to try to prolong their lovemaking. She was exquisitely warm and wet, and she moved under him, meeting his force with her own.
His climax was swiftly approaching, and he could no longer hold it back. His release was agonizingly intense, and he cried out hoarsely. When he recovered sufficiently, he kissed her impassionedly, then moved his hand down to stroke her gently. He saw her initial surprise at his intention, then she closed her eyes and allowed him to bring her to her climax. Afterwards, she snuggled up next to him, and he pulled her to him, then moved to lay on his back, pulling her to lay on top of him with her head on his chest. They fell asleep, feeling the closeness of their bodies and minds, and slept in each other's arms until morning.