Chapter 16 - Innocence

Chapter 16

Sirana was past the point of coherent thought, and she knew she couldn't blame the wine for the heat she was feeling this time. There was too much leading up to this point that
she hadn't been fully prepared for—his confident humor, the sensual masculinity of his dance, the fierceness balanced by the tenderness, the eagerness to please and be pleased. There was a deep ache tightening inside her, and every touch of his mouth, hands, and body worked against easing it, yet sending her to look for more.
"Yes," she exclaimed breathlessly, "Even if the walls were burning down around us, I would not try to stop this."
"Are you certain?" Severus asked, as if he was in disbelief that it had come to this, that this beautiful woman somehow saw the same beauty in him.
"I am more certain of this than of anything," she reassured him, and with the look in her eyes, she knew he didn't dare question her complete honesty.
She squealed a little in surprise as he managed to swing her up and into his arms with seemingly no effort, carrying her as if she were a bride into his bedroom. She suddenly felt a
  |79|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
nervous rush threatening to overwhelm her. The break in their passion was enough for her senses to return momentarily, and she suddenly felt the vivid reality of the intimacy they were about to share.
Severus felt her almost imperceptibly tense in his arms. His mind gently brushed against hers, and he felt it—the strange, nervous innocence. He looked down into her face and smiled reassuringly. He was warmed by the naïve trust her mind revealed, which was mirrored in her timid, unguarded smile. He was reminded of Lucius's declaration of her purity, and despite her contrary assertations, what he found in her mind contained no indication to dispute Lucius's claim. He delved a little deeper into her mind, wanting to know which was truth, finding faded memories made of misty shadows and tender reverence. Whatever magic had brought her here must have truly renewed certain aspects of her body and mind, and he felt no deception within her. His desire for her exploded as he suddenly felt another emotion seep in and take hold in his own mind, and he knew that his heart may not survive this unmarked.