Chapter 74 - Home

Sirana was happy to visit with Hagrid and everyone, but as soon as they left, Grayson hurried over to help her get Severus back into the bedroom. She was grateful he accepted
their help, as he looked like he was about to collapse. She worried about him and wondered if they should summon Madam Pomfrey again. His condition had vastly improved over the last few days, but he was still weak.
"I will be fine," Severus assured her. "Madam Pomfrey gave me a week of bed rest, so that means I have another day of recovery."
"She said at least a week from what I remember, and I don't want you overdoing it," Sirana said, fussing over him.
"Tomorrow will be our last night here, and then we will go to my house in Cokeworth," he said directly.
"Is that right!?" Sirana asked.
"Yes, exactly," he replied, his eyes starting to close, and she heard the resoluteness of his words.
"We'll see how you feel. I suppose I can care for you just as well there as here," she relented. He smiled a little as he fell
asleep, as if he'd won the point.
  |367|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
Sirana went out to speak with Grayson and Andromeda. The news that they were leaving so soon didn't seem to settle well with them.
"Don't worry. I will be sure to ask if I need any help, or if he doesn't improve," she said, appreciating their concern.
"He's a stubborn one," Grayson said smiling. "I can see why you two get on so well."
Sirana smiled, knowing this to be true. They were both stubborn in their loyalty to each other, and she would not want it any other way.
"Well, you two are welcome back any time. We will always have a place for you if you need it. I know good people when I see them," Andromeda said, and then looked over at Grayson.
Grayson put an arm around Andromeda's shoulder, then smiled at her adoringly before looking back at Sirana. "Just make sure he takes good care of you, Sirana. I've covered your ass for a year now, and I don't plan on giving up that job," Grayson said with a smile on his face. He seemed to have a smile on his face almost all the time now. It made him look younger, almost like a different person.
Sirana laughed. "I'll let him know that," she joked. "Maybe I will get my way more often."
"Oh, I don't think you have much to worry about there. I can see you have him wrapped around your little finger. Who would have thought?" he said.
|368|

Home
"Yes, who would have thought?" she replied, looking at the happy couple in front of her.
True to Madam Pomfrey's word, Severus woke up on the day they were to leave looking like a new man. They gathered what little things they had there and said their goodbyes. She knew she would see her friends again, and soon. The Order was meeting within a week. It was still a little sad leaving them anyway. She had enjoyed the time with them and the baby. Sirana offered to babysit any time they needed it, and Andromeda said she would surely take her up on her offer. Sirana hugged both Andromeda and Grayson while Severus watched, and then they Disapparated together.
Sirana was a little nervous about going to Severus's home. She didn't know why. She'd been in dozens of different places over the last year with the Order. Maybe it was because it was Severus's home, and there was something very intimate about that. Severus's home was much like his study at Hogwarts. There were books lining the walls, and the furniture looked well-worn but comfortable. The kitchen was right off of the seating area, and it was surprisingly a good size. There was a small table for two tucked against the wall there, and she imagined him eating his meals there alone.
Severus turned and used his wand to start a fire in the fireplace, and the room suddenly felt cozier. He opened the blind to the window, and light filled the room. It wasn't big by any means, but since she loved books, she thought it was quite homey.
|369|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
"I have enough here to read forever," she said, looking at all of the books.
"I don't intend to give you time to read any time soon," Severus said, taking her arm to pull her to him.
"Ah, I see now why you were in such a rush to leave Andromeda's," Sirana said knowingly.
"You're fortunate my strength didn't return earlier, or else they may have thought I was keeping you captive in my bed," he said, his eyes flashing at her.
"I would have made sure they didn't try to rescue me," Sirana teased.
"Let me show you my bedroom," Severus said, leading her by the hand.
"Said the spider to the fly," she quipped, following him willingly.