Chapter 56 - Lesson

"What are your plans for the day, Sirana?" he asked, stretching out as if he wasn't planning on getting
out of bed just yet.
"I hadn't really thought about it. I was hoping we could spend some time today on lessons. We haven't as much time for that lately and I have some questions on some of the homework you left for me," Sirana answered. She wasn't really thinking about homework, or lessons, or anything besides the man in bed next to her. She moved her hand from his chest, down his center, and was abruptly stopped by the hardness of Severus laid up on his belly. She rubbed her hand over and down the length of it, coming to rest at the base.
"Good morning," she heard Severus say in a low, husky voice that had a tinge of humor in it. "Or should I say, good afternoon."
"Yes, a very good one," Sirana responded, grabbing him with her hand, then running her hand back up to his tip. He grunted, his stomach muscles tensing. She kissed his broad chest, and he stretched and put his hands behind his head.
"Perhaps we can stay in bed for just a little while longer?" Severus asked, the corners of his mouth curling up. "I suppose
|281|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
we can spare some time if we make up for it tonight," she quipped.
"Tonight as well? Merlin's beard, woman, you're insatiable!" Severus teased.
She laughed. "I think the blame is yours this time," she said, stroking him while they bantered with each other.
"I will accept full responsibility," he said as he suddenly grabbed her and rolled with her, putting her on her back. He reached down and pulled up her gown just enough to slip his hand under. She closed her eyes and purred as he rubbed her soft curls with the palm of his hand. He grabbed her more firmly, massaging her slowly, and she gasped when he finally made his entry with his fingers, moving them inside of her and then on the outside, driving her to want more of him.
Severus enjoyed taking his time with Sirana, leisurely exploring her, seeing her desire build. He felt his own desire growing as he stroked his fingers in and out of her, imagining how wonderful it would feel when he slid into her warm wetness. He knew if he continued much longer, she would meet her climax, and he stopped just before. He moved on top of her, her legs opening for him, and he moaned his pleasure when she grabbed him to guide him into her. When he slid deep into her, it felt as exquisite as he had imagined. Her eyes were already heavy with desire, her mouth open sensually. When she met his gaze, he knew she was already close to the edge. He moved slowly at first, enjoying her expressions, then began moving faster, pumping into her at an even pace. She cried out at every thrust, her hands digging into the pillow. When she called out his name,
|282|

Lesson
he pounded into her harder until she cried out with her orgasm. The feel of it touched off his own climax, and he gasped as his own powerful release hit him in waves.
They lay in bed together, talking about their plans for the rest of the day before finally getting up to get dressed. Sirana surprisingly felt a bit shy, since the nighttime usually served as a buffer between the intense intimacy they shared and facing him in the daylight. He must have felt it and came over to her and kissed her on her forehead.
"Don't worry...I won't hold you to your promise to me tonight—unless you insist," he teased.
"I never break my promises," she replied, then immediately realized what he was referring to, her mouth dropping open for a second to make a correction.
He smiled devilishly. "Mmm...Looks like we have a deal."
Since it was the weekend, Severus was hoping to make use of the potions room while Professor Slughorn and the students were gone. Some of the more complex potions needed more than he had available in his study at home. Sirana was adept at the potions he'd introduced to her so far, but he wanted to make one with her that he'd been thinking about since the Weasley boy had been poisoned. He knew the antidote needed to be broad, considering all the poisons one might use, and he had written the recipe for the potion himself from a previous version that he felt he could more adequately develop.
It was interesting being in the classroom with Sirana. He wasn't new to teaching her because he had been working with
|283|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
her for quite some time in his study. It seemed awkward at first, but he quickly slipped into his Professor role.
"Professor Snape, is it alright if I take notes while you talk?" Sirana asked.
"Yes, please do, as long as you can keep up while doing so. This is the ingredient list. I would like you to gather each of these in the appropriate quantity and bring them to me," Severus said directly. He wondered how long it would take her to figure out the organizational system of the room and find everything on the list. She took a minute to find the first ingredient, but she picked up quickly and retrieved the rest in good time. It would take the rest of the day to brew this potion, so he had brought a bundle with some dinner and wine.
During their dinner, Severus decided to broach the subject. "Sirana, if anything were to happen to me, what would you do?"
He saw her think for a moment, her brow furrowed.
"I know it is important to plan for the future sometimes, Severus, but often, what we plan for doesn't even happen the way we might think. I don't have any intention of returning to the States. I've found a home here. Yes, I want it to be with you, more than anything, but if that isn't possible, I still care about this place and the people," she said thoughtfully. That had answered as much as he could ask, and he kissed her before returning to their professor–student roles.
When the potion was ready, he portioned them into several small vials. He instructed Sirana on how to recognize a poison victim and how to administer the antidote. Sirana had been
|284|

Lesson
capable and helpful, and he was proud as usual that she was his student. If she were a student at Hogwarts, her education would be close to complete, but he didn't plan on discontinuing her teaching. There was always more to learn.
It was getting late and there was one more thing he needed to take care of.
"One more thing, Sirana. The deal we made earlier...your promise?" Severus said as he took off his teaching robe, laying it across the desk.
Sirana had enjoyed working with Severus—Professor Snape—in the classroom. She could tell he was an excellent teacher. Even though he was often impatient, blunt, and short- tempered, he was also engaging, proficient, and thought- provoking. She wondered if any of his students found him as compelling as she did. She was jolted out of her thoughts when she saw Severus take off his teaching robe, and what he said just registered in her brain.
"You're joking, right?" she said, laughing but her face flushing. Surely, he didn't mean for them to...right here, in the Potions classroom.
"I don't joke," he said, moving towards her. She took a couple steps back, feeling like prey being stalked, and laughed again, nervously this time.
"What if someone comes in," she asked, still thinking he was just teasing her. "We would both be in trouble."
Severus drew out his wand and locked the door.
|285|

A Soul Undiminished—Severus Snape
"There. Anything else?" he asked, resuming his slow movement towards her.
"Are you sure we—"
Whatever her next words were going to be, no one would know, as they were drowned out by Severus's mouth as he caught up with her and kissed her. He swung her around and pushed her back up to the desk.
"We can consider this extracurricular study in advanced wand use," he said, as he used his wand to remove her clothes.
"Severus! You're incorrigible!" she said in surprise.
"It's Professor Snape until I dismiss you," he said. He seemed to be enjoying the wide-eyed look on her face as he picked her up and laid her back on the desk. She saw the look on his face, as if he was thoroughly delighted. She realized her own exhilaration from the game, her heart racing, and decided it might be fun to play along.
"I'd better get extra credit for this, or I'm going to lodge a formal complaint," she said, as he unbuttoned his trousers.
"That depends on how well you handle the lesson," he said as he began the instruction.