Chapter 65 ~ The Impaler

AN/ My previous chapter was the Christmas present for you and this is my usual update ;)

I think it deserves many VOTES!! ;)

*The image above is not mine. Copyright not intentional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renato

Trucio

Escalus

Plino

Rodrigo

Goffredo

Those were the names of the Black Devil's warriors who were about to be wiped out from the world we know.

Those were the names that Rolando was humming in his head as a sly smile decorated his pretty face. Those were the names of people who were about to become worms' food.

"Renato, Trucio, Escalatus-" Gamma recited as he headed for the edge of Full Moon. He ran in his huge orange wolf. Someone could easily have mistaken him for the Fox Alpha. But it wasn't. No.

He was a wolf down to the root of his DNA.

Those guards that Alpha Mirko had posted around Full Moon were lucky ... because if Mirko, or worse Crucifero, had taken care of them, it would have been far worse.

Gamma Rolando glided through the trees like an orange devil ... like a silent shadow with the colors of the setting sun. The mind lost in the labyrinths of the past ... in memories he had buried in the dusty recesses of the mind ...

When he approached the area where the scent of the Black Devil's flesh was emanated, the warriors were already there, in a circle. As if they already knew. Without halting, without faltering, Gamma returned to his human form. And he smiled like the bringer of misfortune. Like the cunning fox.

"You know what to do, gentlemen," his deep, raspy voice announced.

As soon as those words were spoken, the warriors all shifted into their beasts, within minutes ... and began pounding each other. A dusty cloud of snarls, tearing fangs, broken fur, whines was all that could be heard and seen.

After an indefinite time, three of them remained standing, encircling, showing their fangs as a warning and never letting their guard down. Those were the most dangerous and vicious, the ones chosen by Mirko himself. Valiant and experienced warriors.

Despite that, they had failed to protect their pack itself ... if the Luna died, the Alpha would go berserk, and the pack would fall into anarchy. So, they should all be exterminated.

Removed. Erased.

Rolando stared at them, naked, with his arms crossed over his chest and his orange eyes shining, competing with the sunlight itself.

Cracking his knuckles, flexing his neck from side to side, he took a step forward. Their heads all snapped at him with a mixture of fear and determination to survive, to cling to life until the very last breath. Their position became ultra defensive and aggressive.

Rolando chuckled loudly, almost like a mad schizophrenic. He loved when they tried to fight. It meant more fun.

'Time to play, little puppets.'

And he shifted into his massive wolf.

A heartbeat later, without wasting any more time, without letting them live longer than necessary, the wolf struck with a roar that was heard until Full Moon's pack house.