Chapter 41 ~ The Dreadful Night Part 2

A million thoughts were running through Elena's mind, too fast for her to catch up with them. Rex had deliberately confided to Mirko, her mate with whom they had quarrelled over their past love life, that she was still a virgin. That only meant that Mirko, during their fight, already knew that she had kept herself for her mate. For HIM.

Great...just great.

"Seriously Rex?!" Incredulity and annoyance crossed her face, as she stared at him, guilt clouded his eyes. "Why on earth did you have to tell my mate!?"

"As if he won't realize it alone." Rex muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me! Argggh, I should-" She cut herself off, looking for the nearest thing that she could use to hurt him with. Settling on her bedside lamp, she grabbed it and whacked him repeatedly on the arms as hard as possible.

The Shameless Rex began to laugh with his baritone voice, although he did wince a little.

Elena kept an indignant expression despite the corner of her mouth twitching into a smile.

It would be too exhausting to be pissed at her friend anyway.

Not that she would ever admit it to Rex, but he was right: ultimately, Mirko would have known about her virginity, regardless.

"Damn, El!! All this makes a lot of sense!" Rex had already overcome the shock of the news. Typical Rex: the guy could not remain in any state other than being annoyingly happy.

"All his strange behavior and threatening growls! Oh my god! The poor soul was only territorial" He slapped his face with such force that Elena jumped in surprise. Soon, a huge red rash covered his entire right cheek.

But he didn't seem to care at all.

"Territorial?" A confused Elena was completely ignored.

"I'm so foolish! I had all the clues right in front of my face!" He continued, pacing into the room with his hands behind his back. Then suddenly he stopped, smirking at Elena.

"I always knew you would end up with a bad Alpha mate! Someone fierce and powerful, someone capable of protecting you properly. And who better than the Black Devil himself?" Rex grinned, slapping her on the shoulder, again too strongly, making her groan. Another typical Rex behavior: whenever he got too excited, the werewolf used too much force.

She was already regretting sharing her secret with her so-called best friend...

"I never really imagined you with a mate like that Crystal Wolf Alpha's puppy or someone weak like that farmer boy you used to date." He explained, shoving more food in his mouth.

"Hey! Riccardo is an Alpha!"

Rex shrugged as if she had said something useless.

Whenever someone made a statement, Elena's instinct kicked in and she felt the need to contradict or find a plausible argument to deny the other's claim. She could have been a great lawyer in a different life.

"And he's a giant, El. You look like a dwarf next to him." He began to laugh at his own joke.

"Oh, thank you very much, after all I'm only 5.7ft (1.77m)!" She said sarcastically, though her cheeks glowed red thinking about the size of Mirko. Without a doubt, he was larger than the usual Alpha male...

"But really, I'm so happy for you! You've found your mate!"

Rex tackled-hugged her, lifting her feet up off the ground and compressing the poor girl in his famous bone-crushing bear-hug.