Chapter 59 ~ A Madwoman

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light"

~~~~*The image above is not mine. Copyright not intentional~~~~~~~~~

A stocky, familiar-looking girl emerged from the fringe of the woods. Her figure was quite massive, dull blond hair was cut short like that of a soldier, and a cold gaze that belonged to someone who had faced too much in life.

"Hello ugly" The smaller warrior acknowledged her while the other ignored her, looking annoyed.

"What the hell do you want?"

Frerea glanced at Elena who stared at her in return, surprise and amazement written all over her red face, remembering the time Frerea had seen her with Mirko together. Relief flooded Elena's tense body, hoping the warrior woman had already warned her mate by then.

"Put the girl down, in this very moment, unless you had a strong dying wish." She ordered; her stoic face showed no emotions.

"Did you hear her? Put me down! NOW!" Elena squirmed even more, but the iron grip around her waist did not decrease an inch.

"Alpha's orders are to place all unwanted female intruders in the cells, before interrogation." Declared the Viking man, clearly annoyed by the interruption.

"Go away and let us do our job."

"Yes, go back to sucking pussies" the slimy taunted, looking at her with a malicious glee.

Despite the frightening thugs, Frerea did not abandon her position, not at all intimidated by them, neither by their horrible words.

On the verge of shouting something more menacing at the rude guards, Elena was interrupted by words that froze her in place. The hope of being released down the drain.

"She's already tried to sneak into the pack numerous times. Just another crazy wolf, obsessed with our Alpha. He told me himself. "

Elena gasped in shock.

The girl could not believe her ears.

Or was that a twisted way to get rid of the men? Something inside her whispered no. Not to trust. A gut feeling that there was something evil on the horizon. That the worst was yet to come.

"And I'm sure ALPHA also mentioned that he found his mate. Am I right?" Elena hissed in dismay. Anger and frustration grew in her each passing second.

"AND I AM HIS MATE! Why don't you ask him right now!?" Tired of repeating herself, she threw more punches and kicks at the guard who was holding her, managing to wound him. However, the robot did not seem to care, as he did not even flinch.

"No." The man who looked like a Viking blurted out. "We'll take her to the women's prison and wait for Gamma to question her. And I do not want to repeat myself any more than I've already had to."

Frerea could not stand a chance against him.

"Now move, fat cow."

"Then let me take her to the cell." Frerea proposed, ignoring the insult and avoiding Elena's suspicious eyes.

The two guards halted, considering the offer for a few seconds.

"Okay." The little one shrugged, throwing Elena on the ground like she was a sack of garbage. As soon as she touched the floor, the proud she-wolf stood up, glaring daggers at the two guards and wiping the dust off her clothes.

'Oh, when Mirko knows about their attitude!'

The girl was boiling, she was outraged.

"Take her to an interrogation cell. Gamma should be there early in the morning." The already retreating figure said, "And no funny business, Frerea." He added in a bored tone.