Chapter 10 ~ The Bloody Hand

Black Devil and Full Moon were fighting together, like one proud army. 

Life can be hilarious: Full Moon's high-ranked members were defending the smaller pups of Black Devil.

Unfortunately, they lacked in skills and people.

Elena's body was soon littered with wounds and she probably sported a few broken ribs. 

So badly outnumbered, she began fearing for her friends. Rex was barely standing up, trying to cover a knocked out Giulia, slumped in a corner with blood all over her. Her heartbeat slower than usual.

And Marco was preoccupied with three large wolves. Terror paralysed Elena as she glanced at him and assessed his precarious situation. 

When Elena sprinted toward her friend, someone or something grabbed her by the tail so brutally she almost fainted from the pain. Her cry died in her throat, not having the strength to roar.

Four enormous wolves surrounded her, growling with mischievous glares. 

"Use the syringe, you idiots! What are you waiting for!" A random werewolf yelled.

"Capture her without too much damage or I will make you my fucking slaves! You, you pieces of nothing!" Alpha Ciro's voice vibrated from her left. Only a small fraction of her overwhelmed mind had registered these exchanges directed at her possible kidnapping.

'Elena!' That was a voice that belonged to someone who should not have spoken ever again. Not through mind-link, not in person.

Relief flooded her heart as she let out a deep exhalation from her nose and closed her eyes for a second.

'We are coming. Hold on.'  That her father seemed exceedingly furious was an understatement. 

"Alpha! We need to leave! NOW! Those damned bastards could appear at any moment!" Someone yelled.

It seemed hours passed, but it could have been mere minutes since the horrible nightmare began. The majority of the students lay scattered around, dead, heavily wounded or held hostage.

The fight was ending and not in their favour. Coming help sounded like a broken promise.

When Elena noticed a scary long needle heading toward her neck, she jumped back but in vane. A kick caught her in the stomach as she fell sideways and curled around the pain, gasping. Someone grabbed her right arm,  dirty fingers stuck into her hips like hooks made of flesh. "Hold the female still."

Elena shut her eyes and bared her fangs. 

'Think, think, think'

The school trembled and growled. 

For a split second, she believed to be the cause of the mini earthquake.

Two new males were.

One belonged to Marco, indeed a terrifying red wolf with vermilion eyes. 

But nothing compared to the other wolf, standing beside him. If you could even classify it as a wolf.

It was the largest beast Elena had ever seen, more like a tractor with razor-sharp fangs. If a great white shark had witnessed those fangs, it would have died of embarrassment for how pathetic its teeth were in comparison. 

His fur was like the darkest midnight. One of those nights devoid of stars and hope, when the moon and all the stars decided to abandon humanity.

Elena barely acknowledged the Beta of the Black Devil Pack speeding toward Marco.