Chapter 15 ~ Slightly Out of Hand

It was like a bucket of cold water, her brain became painfully aware of the situation. The moment Elena realized that Riccardo was hugging her, she had pulled his arm away, as if it had been made of ants.

When did he start to hug me anyway? Elena glared at him and frowned at his innocent eyes. Surely it did not mean anything, the hug was friendly and casual. Elena had reflected about Riccardo for just 2 more microseconds; all her attention shifted to her broody mate. He was livid, and for the first time ever his fury was directed at her....and well, at Riccardo.

"What's wrong Ely?" The latter whispered in her ear in a worried tone, grasping her hand.

Before Elena could reply, a loud and ferocious snarl echoed through the cafeteria and everyone silenced instantly. Elena had never witnessed a crowd going so quiet so swiftly. It looked like a scene where a powerful witch had paused everyone with her 'blocking' superpower. A neighbour guy was left open-mouthed with a spoon full of food, still halfway.

Elena stiffened and goose bumps invaded her skin, as always when he was near. She dared to peep back at Mirko and her heart fluttered.

Breathing heavily and shaking, her mate seemed to be about to pounce on Riccardo at any instant. His eyes were a world of darkness.

"What's wrong with this Black Alpha dude?" Rex asked puzzled, while Riccardo glared daggers at Mirko.

"I'm confused..." Giulia spoke to herself.

Then it was Elena's turn to growl. There she was, the same dyed blonde who attacked Elena on their first day at school, when Marco found his mate.

Elena had thought that the Witch was not even worthy of being beaten up. But at that moment she had reconsidered it.

The blond witch was whispering something on Mirko's ear and, at the same time, her right hand was placed on his muscular left arm. Even though he did not seem to notice her at all, who did she think she was to touch her Alpha like that?!

Then Gamma Rolando intervened. It seemed that they were speaking through mind-link, as they both dazed away for a few moments. Eventually Mirko took a deep breath shutting his eyes, and, without sparing another look at Elena or her group, went to sit far away.

To Elena's displeasure, he had not moved the girl away. She leaned forward and spoke too close to him, with one of her dirty hands on his shoulder. 

Elena clenched her fists and decided she had enough.

The girl rushed away, with a "I need to take a book, I will return soon" whispered to her friends, who had not noticed her black mood.

'How did he dare to let that troll touch him like that?!'

If you paid enough attention, you could see smoke coming out of Elena's ears.

Maybe, after all, it could be true ... that Fake Blond Troll was the actual Luna of Black Devil and they had some sort of relation, despite the fact that Mirko had found his real mate. Maybe, nobody cared about mates in the lands of Black Devil, considering that for decades only a few had found their true mates and even fewer had accepted the bond. Perhaps it was for this reason that Mirko had so easily agreed to keep their mate's bond a secret.

Thinking back, Elena was glad that at least she had beaten her.

Her brooding was interrupted by a callous hand on her wrist. A heartbeat later, Elena was pulled into a rock. The sparks told her exactly who the rock was.

"Leave me alone!" She hissed and shoved him away, ignoring the feeling of his muscles under the fingers. Not only he did not back down, but he even took a step forward.